PDA

View Full Version : Roddy spin & so it begins

Ringo
13/11/2005, 10:57 AM
From the Star today

".......everyone knows the situation At Dublin City when i left.I was abused there , and i left the Club. I have no feelings for the club. no feels for the people that run the club. all that i wonder now, is that if Dermot keely will even be there for the playoffs if they make it because everyone knows he'll be off to Newry.......... all i can say is that i hope if we do play them that it will give them a chance to leave their bitterness behind them, so we can all get on with our lives.........."

I would have a lot more respect for Roddy if he was man enough to stand up & be honest. This constant bull$hit & spin and conspiracy talk, is getting a bit boring at this stage. Everyone knows the truth, its very simple. The odds are stacked in Rovers favour. As always the premiership team has the advantage. Roddy’s trying to turn rovers in martyrs & its not going to work. Be it Dublin City or Cobh, Rovers have no one to blame , but themselves for the position they find themselves in.

Réiteoir
13/11/2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah, Shoddy - keep telling yourself that :rolleyes:

shedhead
13/11/2005, 12:33 PM
Would love nothing more to see Shams go down but to be honest i would hate to see Dublin City in the premier divisin. what a waste of space. I hope to god Cobh get the play off spot and beat Shams.

NY Hoop
14/11/2005, 10:58 AM
From the Star today

".......everyone knows the situation At Dublin City when i left.I was abused there , and i left the Club. I have no feelings for the club. no feels for the people that run the club. all that i wonder now, is that if Dermot keely will even be there for the playoffs if they make it because everyone knows he'll be off to Newry.......... all i can say is that i hope if we do play them that it will give them a chance to leave their bitterness behind them, so we can all get on with our lives.........."

I would have a lot more respect for Roddy if he was man enough to stand up & be honest. This constant bull$hit & spin and conspiracy talk, is getting a bit boring at this stage. Everyone knows the truth, its very simple. The odds are stacked in Rovers favour. As always the premiership team has the advantage. Roddy’s trying to turn rovers in martyrs & its not going to work. Be it Dublin City or Cobh, Rovers have no one to blame , but themselves for the position they find themselves in.

Premiership? Oh dear:rolleyes:

Dont take it so personally. Roddy doesnt have feelings for any club but then neither does Keely who in my book is a worse hypocrite than Roddy.

It will be CHF we'll be playing. The position we find ourselves in is ultimately the old boards fault but Roddy has not helped with his complacency in the last month.

If we go down so be it but it will be a catastrophe for the premier. Ask the people in charge of all the premier clubs. Home game against Rovers or CHF?

KOH

Ringo
14/11/2005, 6:51 PM
Premiership? Oh dear:rolleyes:

Dont take it so personally. Roddy doesnt have feelings for any club but then neither does Keely who in my book is a worse hypocrite than Roddy.

It will be CHF we'll be playing. The position we find ourselves in is ultimately the old boards fault but Roddy has not helped with his complacency in the last month.

If we go down so be it but it will be a catastrophe for the premier. Ask the people in charge of all the premier clubs. Home game against Rovers or CHF?

KOH

all thats very well, but its not up the premiership teams. The best team will win & stay up or go up.

mchurl
15/11/2005, 10:01 AM
that is all a load of crap on roddy's part and maybe i might have to change my opinion on wanting rovers to stay up:mad:

Block G Raptor
15/11/2005, 11:50 AM
Roddy's never been relegated you know .............watch him legg it to waterford/longford/cwmbran town/tns/acccrington stanley when Rovers lose the first leg

Mental Man
15/11/2005, 12:18 PM
No bloody way is Shoddy coming to the blues,it looks finally like there is a good few bob now coming back into the club and after what we heard of Dolan on WLR (local radio) last night, dont be surprised to see him stay here.
But christ almighty to think of that clown coming down here i would jump off the bridge. :mad:

dcfcsteve
15/11/2005, 12:21 PM
*** Open letter to the 400 Club. ***

Dear 400 Club,

Please get rid of Roddy. The man is delusional regarding his own self-worth - completely against all the evidence. He needs to be shown the door out of Irish football for once and for all. Regardless of whether he keeps you up or not, the day after the play-offs he should be let go.....

Yours in sport,

dcfcsteve

hoops1
15/11/2005, 12:42 PM
I know im on my own here but Roddy has done a fantstic
job this season.His problem is not a football one but a personality one
he thinks he is alot cleverer than he really is.I know that sounds like a contradiction but his problem is he thinks he is Mourinho not a good EL manager.
Anyone who can get Rovers 34points on the pitch with the players
we have has done an excellent job.He hasnt only had the worst Rovers side
in years he has had 3 of them in the one season.Now imo Roddy is his own worst enemy I know he has had problems in the club,but if he kept his mouth shut and Rovers up he would be manager of the year imo.
Alot of supporters hatred of Roddy the man blurs there thinkin on Roddy the manager in which he undoubtedly deserves credit

NY Hoop
15/11/2005, 12:43 PM

Dear 400 Club,

Please get rid of Roddy. The man is delusional regarding his own self-worth - completely against all the evidence. He needs to be shown the door out of Irish football for once and for all. Regardless of whether he keeps you up or not, the day after the play-offs he should be let go.....

Yours in sport,

dcfcsteve

Dear Steve,

He has a contract for another season. We cannot afford to get rid of him. It is that simple.

Ringo there is no premiership in Ireland.

KOH

lefty
15/11/2005, 12:48 PM
Roddy for Ireland :p

Mark Breen
15/11/2005, 12:49 PM
Ye Irelands eye,

Stick him out there and leave him

Tenderloins
15/11/2005, 12:49 PM
Roddy for Rangers :p

Roverstillidie
15/11/2005, 1:00 PM

Dear 400 Club,

Yours in sport,

dcfcsteve

you give us eur90k to sack him, and he will be gone in the morning. And if you think nothing is going on behind the scenes.....

as for ringo, if he was that precious to CHF, you should have given him a contract so he couldnt get headhunted when he did.
or if he is a crap manager and scum of the earth, we did you a favour. either way stop whining about it.

i was wondering when one of the ICBINCHF fans would pop up and start this little sideshow.

Passive
15/11/2005, 2:20 PM
Can I just point out that Roddy speaks for no one at Rovers but himself.

Roverstillidie
15/11/2005, 3:29 PM
just as an aside.
the team roddy left was totally gutted by kicker keely when he came in this season. how many of them are still there?
so the so-called grudge match is rocky and a handfull of CHF fans bearing a grudge.
none of the CHF players knew him, and CHF are at best an irritant to us, so methinks this cauldron of hate nonsense will be vastly overstated

Ringo
15/11/2005, 9:14 PM
i thnk you'll find that most people still don't agree with what shoody did. you shoudn't be in the the premier league this year , let alone next year. your own fans are divided on him.

Roverstillidie
15/11/2005, 9:24 PM
i thnk you'll find that most people still don't agree with what shoody did. you shoudn't be in the the premier league this year , let alone next year. your own fans are divided on him.

i think you'll find most people dont really care.

why exactly shouldnt we be in the premier division (learn the name of the league you are trying to get into ffs, how small time is that) this year or next year?

you still havent answered my question. if he was so good why had he no contract? or if he is the human filth you claim, why do you care he jumped ship? make up your mind.

99.99% of hoops want him out. no real division there.

Ringo
16/11/2005, 5:34 AM
i think you'll find most people dont really care.

why exactly shouldnt we be in the premier division (learn the name of the league you are trying to get into ffs, how small time is that) this year or next year?

you still havent answered my question. if he was so good why had he no contract? or if he is the human filth you claim, why do you care he jumped ship? make up your mind.

99.99% of hoops want him out. no real division there.

Stop making stupid points, The league is called “the Eircom league”, not the premier division,. A lesson in real history, not Roddy’s version.

1. He had no contract, because he did not want one( he would have to give back the Merc to Carlisle).
2. He was talking to Rovers at a time when they were our nearest rivals for the relegation spot. Think of him jumping to Waterford a few games ago
3. The English players he signed, refused to travel for the last games of the season. (Read between the lines)
4. Some Dublin City players were promised places in Rovers during the final run in. (Read between the lines)

The last two are the ones that really bugged me. I’m glad he’s fcuked up your club, you deserve each other

LFC in Exile
16/11/2005, 8:59 AM
Have to say I'm with DCFC on this one. And don't understand the antipathy towards them. If we attract new clubs into the league will they be taunted with "lack of history" as well? DCFC have done quite a lot to generate a fan base e.g. first first division club to provide TV highlights, leaflet campaigns etc.

Also, what Roddy did (and by association the ex-board of Rovers) last season was disgraceful. By moving when he did he was absolutely compromised and there was an obvious conflict of interest.

Rovers by rights should have been relegated for failing to submit accounts for a license. Okay they submitted incorrect ones - but that amounts to not submitting any. They shoudl not have been given a premier license or have had their license revoked. The 8 points deduction was very lenient.

Finally, as football fans I thought we'd all be very familiar with the idea of promotion and relegation. The best teams go up, the worst go down. The fact that Rovers have a shedload of trophies and DCFC have none is completely irrelevant. If DCFC beat Rovers (and I really hope they do) then they will deserve their place in the premier and should be welcomed because by definition they would be the better team. :ball:

The Sheliban
16/11/2005, 9:18 AM
I don't really blame Roddy for what happened last season. More of the blame should go to the old SRFC board. Okay, they did nothing illegal, but by God it was shoddy.
And for those people who say DCFC bring nothing to the League - well, at least they've never had a problem paying their players, they've shown everyone the way to go with their shirt sponsorship, and there's many a player in the League today, and abroad, who owes a fair debt of gratitude to the coaching set-up at the Club.

LFC in Exile
16/11/2005, 9:37 AM
I don't really blame Roddy for what happened last season. More of the blame should go to the old SRFC board.

Though to do something underhand it does help when you can use a man of no principle. I do blame Roddy equally. If he had any principle at all he would have told to Rovers where to go when they called. :ball:

Ringo
16/11/2005, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=LFC in Exile] The fact that Rovers have a shedload of trophies and DCFC have none is completely irrelevant. QUOTE]

first division trophy 2003

mypost
16/11/2005, 11:42 AM
He was talking to Rovers at a time when they were our nearest rivals for the relegation spot.

Sorry lads, but unfortunately, we have to clarify this old chestnut again. :rolleyes:

Home Farm were effectively already relegated by the time RC left yous. There were no relegation rivals last season, as once it was announced that only 1 would go down, everyone knew who would. Sure enough, it was Home Farm. You finished 16 points away from us. It was clear cut.

NY Hoop
16/11/2005, 11:54 AM
I don't really blame Roddy for what happened last season. More of the blame should go to the old SRFC board. Okay, they did nothing illegal, but by God it was shoddy.
And for those people who say DCFC bring nothing to the League - well, at least they've never had a problem paying their players, they've shown everyone the way to go with their shirt sponsorship, and there's many a player in the League today, and abroad, who owes a fair debt of gratitude to the coaching set-up at the Club.

Agree about the old board. They submitted the wrong accounts and did not pay the players.

But how do CHF pay their players when they have no income? Your last line is hilarious.

And for LFC in Exile the reason there is antipathy towards them is because, for the billionth time, you should not be in the league when you can only attract the same amount of people that are playing on the pitch. It has nothing to do with history and trophies. Look at Kildare. They are a welcome addition to the league because they have support. It is really that simple.

KOH

Roverstillidie
16/11/2005, 12:17 PM
and there's many a player in the League today, and abroad, who owes a fair debt of gratitude to the coaching set-up at the Club.

what does this even mean? carlton palmer? efan ekoku?

and ringo, its the eircom league premier and first divisions. you are showing the ignorance of a plastic fan there.

i think a lot of the antipathy towords CHF comes from the fat they are a US style franchise, and a number of us fought long and hard to keep an english franchise out of dublin. you cant just take someone elses licence and invent a side from nothing with no stadium and expect to be taken seriously. he could have at least bought a LSL side and pushed them on. they are a fake club with no history, thats different to a new club with no trophies.

Ringo
16/11/2005, 12:44 PM
what does this even mean? carlton palmer? efan ekoku?

and ringo, its the eircom league premier and first divisions. you are showing the ignorance of a plastic fan there.

i think a lot of the antipathy towords CHF comes from the fat they are a US style franchise, and a number of us fought long and hard to keep an english franchise out of dublin. you cant just take someone elses licence and invent a side from nothing with no stadium and expect to be taken seriously. he could have at least bought a LSL side and pushed them on. they are a fake club with no history, thats different to a new club with no trophies.

Rovers is a name sold down through the years. Bohs is a real football club with a stadium. Slagging off DCFC because we don't have a stadium is laughable.

LFC in Exile
16/11/2005, 12:51 PM
And for LFC in Exile the reason there is antipathy towards them is because, for the billionth time, you should not be in the league when you can only attract the same amount of people that are playing on the pitch. It has nothing to do with history and trophies. Look at Kildare. They are a welcome addition to the league because they have support. It is really that simple.

KOH

Hmmm. So a clubs worth to the league is judged by the number of fans it has. Thats a new one alright. I thought its worth should be judged by their ability to compete. And Dublin City seem well able to compete with at least half of the league. Athlone get bigger crowds than Dublin City. So do Monaghan United. You think they bring more to the league than Dublin City? Its on the pitch that matters and if a team is competitive and by extension increases the competitiveness of the league they contribute to the league. Dublin City pass this test.

And also, isn't it strange how Rovers spend so much time discussing a club they don't care about? (Just turing a twisted logic approach used in the past by Rovers on its head) :)

Ringo
16/11/2005, 12:53 PM
Sorry lads, but unfortunately, we have to clarify this old chestnut again. :rolleyes:

Home Farm were effectively already relegated by the time RC left yous. There were no relegation rivals last season, as once it was announced that only 1 would go down, everyone knew who would. Sure enough, it was Home Farm. You finished 16 points away from us. It was clear cut.

But how long had Shoddy been plotting to join rovers, before he left

NY Hoop
16/11/2005, 1:04 PM
Hmmm. So a clubs worth to the league is judged by the number of fans it has. Thats a new one alright. I thought its worth should be judged by their ability to compete. And Dublin City seem well able to compete with at least half of the league. Athlone get bigger crowds than Dublin City. So do Monaghan United. You think they bring more to the league than Dublin City? Its on the pitch that matters and if a team is competitive and by extension increases the competitiveness of the league they contribute to the league. Dublin City pass this test.

And also, isn't it strange how Rovers spend so much time discussing a club they don't care about? (Just turing a twisted logic approach used in the past by Rovers on its head) :)

Oh but thats not a new one. So you think that if a team is doing well and has 30 fans they should be in the league?? How on earth is that contributing to anything? Did you know that seery is funding a bus to athlone on friday?

The only test CHF pass is in bizarro world. Wake up and see how they are wasting everyones time and I'm not just saying that as a Rovers fan. The fact that they were allowed to compete in the league is a damning indictment of the people in charge.

KOH

Mr_T
16/11/2005, 1:49 PM
Have to say I'm with DCFC on this one. And don't understand the antipathy towards them. If we attract new clubs into the league will they be taunted with "lack of history" as well? DCFC have done quite a lot to generate a fan base e.g. first first division club to provide TV highlights, leaflet campaigns etc.

It may be off topic and irrelevant :D but on a point of order, Finn Harps were the first Div 1 Club to provide their own TV highlights.

LFC in Exile
16/11/2005, 2:38 PM
It may be off topic and irrelevant :D but on a point of order, Finn Harps were the first Div 1 Club to provide their own TV highlights.

If so then I sit abashed. I failed to mention their shirt sponsorship deal which was a brilliant move. :ball:

Oh and by the way thatisn't a point of order - its a point of information. (I know too many years wasted at college debates). :)

Ringo
16/11/2005, 3:14 PM
If so then I sit abashed. I failed to mention their shirt sponsorship deal which was a brilliant move. :ball:

Oh and by the way thatisn't a point of order - its a point of information. (I know too many years wasted at college debates). :)

Point of order chairman:D . we do it for every home game & have for three years

Ringo
16/11/2005, 3:14 PM

Point of order chairman:D . we do it for every home game & have for three years

green-blood
16/11/2005, 3:26 PM
good lord this is nuts, we all have the same enemies - Collins the ***** with no balls and the devious and yet interstingly completely incompetent previous Board of directors of SRFC...

That pack of ****wits thought they were very clever screwing DC out of Collins, upsetting their attempt at stayin in the top division of football in this country (who gives a rats what its called) even though they were outclassed all year to be honest they had a shout, while collins being completely without backbone was happy to go so long as he got a nice paycheck and a gauranteed new merc to replace the carlisle one - lovely.

So Dc go down with Keely - ya poor feckers he'll screw yis too it'll happen eventualy and we get Collins anda board paying no tax on wages to wasters like Cathal O'Connor... eh sorry hoops fans I'm off to the world student games for a few pints with me classmates - do DCFC really want him back!!
Meanwhile the FANS of SRFC have saved the day, we've put our money where our heart is just like seery

So lets have a 180 minutes of footie and see what happens

PS - come on Cobh :-)