PDA

View Full Version : Can we do it?

Derek
13/11/2005, 1:01 AM
Can we go and beat Athlone in the final game? Can Cobh beat Galway at home? all questions that will be answered next week. but until then lets speculate, I think Dublin City will beat Athlone next and win a playoff place.

The club are organising a bus to the Athlone game next week so I would urge you to go and support the Dubs and help setup what will be a an absolutly massive playoff against Rovers, apart from the premier league prise think how the Rodster must be felling, imagine what is going through his head about how after all the crap he inflicted on us that it will be the Dubs that will be the team to finaly put the last nail in his fottball coffin.

Poor auld Roddy I almost feel sorry for hime:rolleyes:

Ringo
13/11/2005, 4:52 AM
still a lot to do. Sligo held by Athlone. don't want to talk about it in case i jinx it.

sligoman
13/11/2005, 2:50 PM
I think ye have it lads. Yeah, we were held by Athlone but we dominated the game. Had lots of chances but just couldn't put it away. We hit the crossbar from a free-kick and also hit the post. They're not a great team so if ye manage to score one then I think ye'll win it;)

Conor H
13/11/2005, 2:52 PM
We will beat Cobh too.

Maynard
13/11/2005, 6:10 PM
Galway are in super bloody form so I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Cobh (think a 4 goal margin would see them jump them as well...)

As for us, I'd say our 50 seater (may be more depending on demand) will more than likely be heading from Whitehall at 4/4.30
Fiver a head for a return trip...so absolutely NO excuses...

P.S The game is Saturday night, not Friday.

Conor H
13/11/2005, 7:19 PM
We are going to do you a favour, we will beat Cobh buts its up to you then lads... I still don't think you can do it but we will do you the favour.
Well if we beat Cobh then they have done it.:confused:

Battery Rover
16/11/2005, 8:13 PM
They're not a great team so if ye manage to score one then I think ye'll win it

Doesnt say a lot for the division champions then does it. 4 games against us with three of them ending nil all and the other being 1 nil. Also our best front player has been suspended twice this year and of course it had to be against ye on both occasions.

Think ye might just about get a draw from us Saturday lads. As we all know John Gill is a proud man and will be goin for it.

sligoman
16/11/2005, 11:00 PM
Doesnt say a lot for the division champions then does it. 4 games against us with three of them ending nil all and the other being 1 nil. Also our best front player has been suspended twice this year and of course it had to be against ye on both occasions.

Think ye might just about get a draw from us Saturday lads. As we all know John Gill is a proud man and will be goin for it.The simple fact is, ye are not a great team. I was at 3 out of the 4 games with ye this season and each one we fully deserved to win. Ye did not deserve a point against us last Saturday that's for sure. Ye are bottom of the league but somehow, ye always manage to play well against us. It's just a pity ye cant play like that against other teams cos then ye'd win the league;).

Battery Rover
17/11/2005, 9:13 PM
The simple fact is, ye are not a great team

The simple fact is that this must be the poorest first division ever. It was all poor inconsistent teams.

sligoman
18/11/2005, 6:14 PM
The simple fact is that this must be the poorest first division ever. It was all poor inconsistent teams.But, ye were the poorest inconsistent team of the lot:p :D.