PDA

View Full Version : Heaven! The Perfect end to 2005

teckno
12/11/2005, 10:31 PM
Now that we are safe and what has been without a doubt a fantastic League here is our perfect finish

Derry to pip The ****ies to the League Title
Drogheda to beat the ****ies to win the Cup

Dublin City to beat Shamrock Rovers in playoff: Sorry Rovers fans I know Dublin City bring nothing to the league but the thought of watching Roddy being relegated by Seary and Keely would be unbelievable.
Wouldn't surprise me if Roddy quit before the playoffs!!!!

Hopefully we can look forward to a better season next year. The League needs the most successfull club in Munster In the League i.e Waterford and I hope that we can hold on to Pat Dolan and Brendan Rea. Looking forward to the coming months will very interesting to see what happens at our club!!

teckno
12/11/2005, 10:32 PM
Whats so wrong about saying Cawwwkiiieeeeee???

RedX
13/11/2005, 1:59 AM
Now that we are safe and what has been without a doubt a fantastic League here is our perfect finish

Dublin City to beat Shamrock Rovers in playoff: Sorry Rovers fans I know Dublin City bring nothing to the league but the thought of watching Roddy being relegated by Seary and Keely would be unbelievable.

Hopefully we can look forward to a better season next year. The League needs the most successfull club in Munster In the League i.e Waterford and I hope that we can hold on to Pat Dolan and Brendan Rea. Looking forward to the coming months will very interesting to see what happens at our club!!

You really are some beauty....between your soccer and GAA fans you are without doubt the most bitter supporters i have come across this season in my travels...i love a bit of rivalry but you lot come across as pure bitter...:eek:

Derek
13/11/2005, 2:02 AM
not as bitter as all the anti Dublin city fans

RedX
13/11/2005, 2:07 AM

I feel sorry for the genuine DCFC fans...it must be hard getting criticised constantly by a lot of fans...but you are possibly through to the play-offs andon merit so fair dues...we all know the reason for most of the criticism but lets not go over that again i suppose...

A face
13/11/2005, 3:03 AM

You do know that you'll always be in our shadow yeah !?!! .... i mean to say otherwise is just mad !! :eek: :D

mypost
13/11/2005, 6:19 AM
what has been without a doubt a fantastic League here....

....(Home Farm) to beat Shamrock Rovers in playoff:

Home Farm winning promotion would ruin the fantastic season for the league.

jofyisgod
13/11/2005, 7:37 AM

What are you trying to say?-use grammar.

You're not on this planet. Cobh are going to be a more successful Munster club than ye this time next year. Dolan will be gone pretty soon too, he must be pushing your measly funds to the limit,

Bitter, twisted and quite possibly insane.

CollegeTillIDie
13/11/2005, 8:27 AM
You really are some beauty....between your soccer and GAA fans you are without doubt the most bitter supporters i have come across this season in my travels...i love a bit of rivalry but you lot come across as pure bitter...:eek:

Well at a time when the very future of their club was up in the air only 400 bothered to turn up to watch a League game against UCD at the RSC.
So do they deserve an EL Club at all? :confused:

Dodge
13/11/2005, 8:52 AM

Hopefully we can look forward to a better season next year
Exactly my sentiments

Mental Man
13/11/2005, 9:22 AM
With regards to the league title and FAI cup final i have to agree with ya there Tekno, but to have Shamrock Rovers relegated by Dublin city irrespective of Coddy being in charge or not i would think it would be bad for the league.
Would love to see rovers stay up,Dublin City (Home farm,Continuity Home farm or what ever else ya want to call them) offers Nothing to the league.
There are far too many Dublin clubs,so to see 1 go down and another coming up dosent do it for me, but the name of Shamrock Rovers and all their head-banging fans does :D .
As for Queenstown Rangers,all they are good for is a trip down there for a league cup game and thats it, i know Stephen Neiland personally and a terrible nice guy but he even said they would find it very hard to find resources to stay in the premiere division and more than likely go straight back down like what Harps did this season.
Those are the facts --lump it or like it!

Da Real Rover
13/11/2005, 1:32 PM
Well at a time when the very future of their club was up in the air only 400 bothered to turn up to watch a League game against UCD at the RSC.
Just a bit hypocritical coming from a UCD fan.

Marked Man
13/11/2005, 4:57 PM
Whats so wrong about saying Cawwwkiiieeeeee???

Take a look at where the moderators are from, and answer your own question.

A face
13/11/2005, 8:06 PM
Take a look at where the moderators are from, and answer your own question.

Been raised before ... fairly even spread. I can bring up that thread if you like .... maybe you should actually look at where all the mods are from first ... you're argument will hold up better then.

ps bohs
13/11/2005, 8:36 PM

why are you apoligising to the rovers fans

RedX
13/11/2005, 10:55 PM

let it rest college boy...no ambition/future/fans..;)

Marked Man
13/11/2005, 11:22 PM
Been raised before ... fairly even spread. I can bring up that thread if you like .... maybe you should actually look at where all the mods are from first ... you're argument will hold up better then.

Two out of three moderators of the EL section are from Cork. Not what I'd call an even spread.

sligoman
13/11/2005, 11:28 PM
Two out of three moderators of the EL section are from Cork. Not what I'd call an even spread.There's only two mods in the EL section, both are Cork City fans;)

dcfcsteve
13/11/2005, 11:50 PM

That's not bitter, that's just common sense..... :D

A face
13/11/2005, 11:56 PM
Two out of three moderators of the EL section are from Cork. Not what I'd call an even spread.

I was refering to the whole board.

Marked Man ..... you raised that is point and you are totally entitled to.
Can i ask why you think in this particular it is biased towards Cork people ??

Block G Raptor
14/11/2005, 9:26 AM
fear not derek do th ebusiness against rovers and we'll all love dcfc forever.......ur destiny awaits

Marked Man
14/11/2005, 12:52 PM
I was refering to the whole board.

Marked Man ..... you raised that is point and you are totally entitled to.
Can i ask why you think in this particular it is biased towards Cork people ??

Not bias, but oversensitivity to the slagging of Cork. For example, there were two threads binned and locked last week, which slagged of remarks by Cork fans to the effect that they were one of the only real sets of fans in the league. One of those threads--which I actually thought was sort of funny--had its title changed to "unfunny rubbish." Add that to the question that started this thread (why can't you say c'a'w'k on this forum), and it seemed to me that someone with mod powers can't take a joke.

Dodge
14/11/2005, 1:53 PM
Admin is From Cork, all super mods from Cork, all mods of the el forum are from Cork.

blutil
14/11/2005, 2:30 PM
:eek:

****ie
wahuuurford
shams
$hels

pete
14/11/2005, 2:31 PM
Admin is From Cork...

Nothing stopping you from setting up Inchicore.ie

Dodge
14/11/2005, 2:35 PM
Nothing stopping you from setting up Inchicore.ie
We have. We've juist banned all Corkies from even seeing it. Hugely popular with everyone else....

A face
14/11/2005, 3:34 PM
We have. We've juist banned all Corkies from even seeing it. Hugely popular with everyone else....

.......... :D

Still have to say though .... for all the bias out there, how come no one ever complains about it, but whenever the opportunity arises people are straight in with it. Its like .... and i'll admit i could be wrong here .... its like people pull out that card when they are losing a debate or whatever. I mean, if there was bias, why wouldn't you complain about it at the time, and not drag it up weeks later, conveniently !!

bigmac
14/11/2005, 3:50 PM
.......... :D

Still have to say though .... for all the bias out there, how come no one ever complains about it, but whenever the opportunity arises people are straight in with it. Its like .... and i'll admit i could be wrong here .... its like people pull out that card when they are losing a debate or whatever. I mean, if there was bias, why wouldn't you complain about it at the time, and not drag it up weeks later, conveniently !!

i brought it up and asked a question about why a thread was locked and moved with it's title changed and got no answer.
I don't mind the mods being Cork fans, but I think that some of the stuff that has been pulled or locked has been much less inflammatory than other stuff that has been allowed to continue. For my money, anything offensive should be deleted but, there have been instances (eg the unfunny rubbish thread) where action was taken needlessly.

Check out this thread (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=30496) for an over the top response. (not Cork bias, but needless censorship) Is there any wonder people don't complain when we're threatened with a ban if we do?

A face
14/11/2005, 4:04 PM
i brought it up and asked a question about why a thread was locked and moved with it's title changed and got no answer.

Can you post up that thread ?

I don't mind the mods being Cork fans, but I think that some of the stuff that has been pulled or locked has been much less inflammatory than other stuff that has been allowed to continue.

Any thread that i have locked, and i'd say 99% of the time its because someone asks for it. To my knowledge, there have been two threads lock here in months and both were reopened again.

For my money, anything offensive should be deleted but, there have been instances (eg the unfunny rubbish thread) where action was taken needlessly.

Will you post that up ? ..... to be honest, i just p!ssed off when people start throwing comments about and are nowhere to be seen when they are actually proved wrong. Personally ... i'd have more time for people who make a decent argument for their point. Just throwing it out there and leggin' it just aint worth the pixels .... and its the same people all the time !!

Check out this thread (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=30496) for an over the top response. (not Cork bias, but needless censorship) Is there any wonder people don't complain when we're threatened with a ban if we do?

No being funny now like but ... BD knows adam is a mod .... and then posts that .... come off the stage .... "ban me ... please ban, please" !!

bigmac
14/11/2005, 4:39 PM
Can you post up that thread ?

Here. (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=31131)

Thread was moved from the league section to "Rubbish". Title was changed to "unfunny rubbish" and the thread was locked. I assume this one and the previous one (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=30496) are the two you're talking about?

On the other point, we all know the mods, does that mean we're not allowed to disagree or slag them off? There are plenty of threads that disappear way off topic or where people get personal, but yet the two threads that were locked (one a serious attempt to discuss on-field violence) were done so because they irritated a mod, not because they were in any way offensive.

RedX
14/11/2005, 5:26 PM

So so sad...as always..:rolleyes:

Dodge...did it ever cross your mind that us so called "Corkies" would not be interested in a St Pats forum??..i mean why would we want to read the forum of a small little club?..;)

A face
14/11/2005, 9:14 PM
Here. (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=31131)

bigmac, you'll see yourself i actually posted in that and Colm soon after ... it was fine until people started giving out about it and reffering to it in other threads. I dont know if you remember but there were about five threads all cross-referencing each other at that time. This one probably should have been binned/merged at the time but it wasn't as people were getting shirty in all the other threads so we left it .... i was PMing Vitruvian Man after that and all was cool.

Thread was moved from the league section to "Rubbish". Title was changed to "unfunny rubbish" and the thread was locked. I assume this one and the previous one (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=30496) are the two you're talking about?

No ... that wasn't one of them. I actually cant remember now, it was discussed in the mods forum, and they were reopened and the issues were resolved. We weren't sitting on our árses like !! :p

Just on that thread above, as i said ..... BohDiddley knew Adam was a mod and, imo opinion pushed the boat out. I wont comment on it but i will ask .... What you you do ?? ...... in all fairness, a bit of common sense wouldn't go astray at times.

On the other point, we all know the mods, does that mean we're not allowed to disagree or slag them off?

bigmac .... work away fella .... but be warned, i'll give as good as i get !! :D
Seriously ... if its within reason and not p!ssing people off, then its fine imo.

And again ..... if you have a problem, say it ..... if there is something i have said thats out of order then get it off your chest. A quick PM would sort it out !!

There are plenty of threads that disappear way off topic or where people get personal, but yet the two threads that were locked (one a serious attempt to discuss on-field violence) were done so because they irritated a mod, not because they were in any way offensive.

Going off topic is fine.
Locked because they p!ssed off a mod .... NO .... there was a discussion in the mods section. Myself and Colm's opinion were to leave them open, i had then closed them because people were screaming about them in other threads and a few in that thread aswell.

When we took another look, it boiled down to people giving out about mods/corkies in the thread .... and there actually wasn't anything there from corkies, barr one or two comments TOTALLY unrelated to the reason people were giving out about. In short ..... when opened, people giving out, when closed people were giving out, when opened again ..... people were ... wait for it ...... giving out !!

Lads .... at that point i give up .... there is actually no winning, but alot of people being irresponsible. I dunno what to say being honest.

Dodge
14/11/2005, 9:41 PM
So so sad...as always..:rolleyes:

Dodge...did it ever cross your mind that us so called "Corkies" would not be interested in a St Pats forum??..i mean why would we want to read the forum of a small little club?..;)
Its between you and Peadar for the "totally missing the point" post of the month at the minute...