CHAMPIONAS,CHAMPIONAS,oh way oh way oh way,

The Stars
12/11/2005, 10:15 PM
Sh!t match but you gotta love the atmosphere.....Mexican Wave and all.

feo123
12/11/2005, 11:23 PM
We Are Premier League, Said We Are Premier League.
We Are Premier League, Said We Are Premier League.
Championes Championes O Way O Way O Way
Championes Championes O Way O Way O Way

LondonRover
13/11/2005, 12:55 AM
Ello!
Ello!
Rovers are back!
Rovers are back!

Celebrations are going to go on late into the morning here in London town....I'm ****ing battered - just in - only just begun!!:p

'AVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

sligoman
13/11/2005, 3:28 AM
I'm just back from McGrath's now. What a fecking night. Gareth Gorman singing rebel songs, priceless:D :D

Ringo
13/11/2005, 4:55 AM
remember our win, last game of the season. Nothing compares to the feeling's you have inside when the team you've been following wins the league., magic.:) Enjoy it.

Rory H
13/11/2005, 11:12 AM
I'm just back from McGrath's now. What a fecking night. Gareth Gorman singing rebel songs, priceless:D :D

all those months of you know what every saturday finally gets a reward:D

The Stars
13/11/2005, 11:15 AM
gorman for player of the year.....

Rory H
13/11/2005, 11:17 AM
no philly!

ill never forget that emotional hug

sligoman
13/11/2005, 2:37 PM
no philly!

ill never forget that emotional hugDid ya get to kiss Sean Connor like ya wanted to?:confused: :D

feo123
13/11/2005, 4:07 PM
I got McTiernan's boot when he came into the shed after everyone but the shed had left.....but i then lost it!! he sprinted down and jumped over the barriers....threw his socks, boots, and shorts at us!! legend! only him and the gaffer came to us though!

Maynard
13/11/2005, 6:01 PM
Have been away for the last while, working and living in a non-PC friendly enviornment, so have missed the chat on what has turned out to be an exciting period in the league.

Consequently I'd just quickly like to say congratulations to Sligo Rovers on achieveing promotion. The most consistently good and effective side that played in the division.

Ironically we were probably the only team not to be beaten by you over the 4 games, but our poor form against "lesser" teams cost us dear. Some of your fans when I travelled to the Showgrounds were absolute obscene morons, but I had the feeling then (as I do now) that they were only glory merchants who probably couldn't name 3 players on either side.

Anyhoo that aside, enjoy your moment in the sun, yis deserve it.

The Stars
13/11/2005, 7:00 PM
cheers Maynard...
Not gonna lie to you I dont want to see Dublin get up this season,due to your poor support.However,as ye grow as a club in the coming seasons and attract new support then your welcome to join us in the Premier.

redrov2005
13/11/2005, 7:52 PM
Terrif stuff. It's just great to be back in the Premier Divisions. A new bunch of legends !!!

feo123
13/11/2005, 8:03 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing dublin city coming up...with all due respect to them, we probably will be much better them next year and they could well finish below us.

mvjpmcl
13/11/2005, 8:14 PM
Well done lads! Congratulations on being First Division Champions 2005. Good to have you back. All the best next season.

feo123
13/11/2005, 8:18 PM
Well done lads! Congratulations on being First Division Champions 2005. Good to have you back. All the best next season.
cheers, hope ye get whats needed next week in turners! lookin forward to 1 or 2 trips to the brandywell next season!:)

mvjpmcl
13/11/2005, 8:26 PM
Aye thanks for the good wishes and hope we do but even at that Kenny has done us the world of good. Anyway looking forward to the competitive games next season although have enjoyed the friendly games the past few seasons.

Looking forward to a non ending of Sligo v Derry league matches. Again it's good to have you back, well done.

Ash
14/11/2005, 8:23 AM
Well done SRFC.

Fair play to the lads in the Shed who tried a bit of singing.
As for the rest of the ground, you could hear a pin drop.
6 of us outsang the rest of the ground!

SRFC Head
14/11/2005, 8:44 AM
Fair play to the athlone boys, i was down beside you's for the first half...Glad yee read the script.

T*ts f*nny and porter !!! Good songs, didn't really outsing us though, the 2nd half I didn't hear yee once from the other side of the ground.

sligoman
14/11/2005, 8:49 AM
I was in the blue stand and I didn't hear them sing once, and no, their is nothing wrong with my hearing;):D

gustavo
14/11/2005, 8:54 AM
was in the main stand and didnt hear athlone fans all game!
ended up in McGraths with alll the players around me and Sean Connor getting me to drink out of the Cup . but did i bring a camera oh no!

sligoman
14/11/2005, 8:56 AM
ended up in McGraths with alll the players around me and Sean Connor getting me to drink out of the Cup . but did i bring a camera oh no!Jaysus Gus, I might have seen ya in there so:D, how did you manage to get in?:confused:

gustavo
14/11/2005, 9:00 AM
was downstairs. a lot of the players seemed to be there. i was just there with people that were graduating . best bit was Raf up on seats singing some rovers chants which i can remember due to my inebriated state.

sligoman
14/11/2005, 9:03 AM
was downstairs. a lot of the players seemed to be there. i was just there with people that were graduating . best bit was Raf up on seats singing some rovers chants which i can remember due to my inebriated state.Ah rite, the players were going up and down the stairs all night. Could you hear McT singing "Come out you black and tans" from downstairs?:confused: :D

Mayo Red
14/11/2005, 8:14 PM
Well done SRFC.

Fair play to the lads in the Shed who tried a bit of singing.
As for the rest of the ground, you could hear a pin drop.
6 of us outsang the rest of the ground!

Cheers, fantastic night, thought the atmosphere was naturally one of the best all season, the whole ground was chanting "Da Rovers" at times and doing Mexican waves. The bottom part of the main stand were doing a fair bit of singing aswell, couldn't really hear the Athlone fans from the main stand in fairness!

feo123
14/11/2005, 8:20 PM
The shed was class.....never stopped singin! but there was a load of young sunshiners in it and they crammed it up! it was like a can of f*****g sardines in there! In fairness to the athlone fans, i couldnt hear them but i could se about 7 or 8 of them jumpin up and down for the whole game! well done!!!

roversforever
15/11/2005, 9:18 AM
The shed was class.....never stopped singin! but there was a load of young sunshiners in it and they crammed it up! it was like a can of f*****g sardines in there! In fairness to the athlone fans, i couldnt hear them but i could se about 7 or 8 of them jumpin up and down for the whole game! well done!!!
those sunshiners were everywhere,not just the shed.

feo123
16/11/2005, 8:35 PM
Yeah I know...they sort of ruined it in a certain way....because the shed was so packed we were all nearly fallin over eachother

Red4Eva
17/11/2005, 3:56 PM
shed was kinda annoyin due to all da sunshiners during the game but after the match it was the real shedheads so it was better

1 9 2 8
17/11/2005, 5:06 PM
Yeah the Shed was over full with all the sun shiners one young lad fainted with the heat :mad: But he was back in the middle of it after 15 minutes

feo123
17/11/2005, 7:55 PM
It was class after the match in the shed! I have it recorded on my phone too...sounds class!!

SligoBrewer
20/11/2005, 8:05 PM
I'm just back from McGrath's now.

I thought it was a private party.:confused: :confused: :confused:

sligoman
20/11/2005, 8:12 PM
I thought it was a private party.:confused: :confused:Twas;).

SligoBrewer
20/11/2005, 8:13 PM
It was class after the match in the shed! I have it recorded on my phone too...sounds class!!

I did that too! great having 'SRFC Sligo Rovers' on yer phone!
After the match was class alright in the shed but during it(the match) i was crammed! Especially when your up against those barriers at the near side of it!:mad: Hope the atmosphere is retained for next season!

SligoBrewer
20/11/2005, 8:14 PM
Twas;).

Twill Be great when the new generation of rovers are old enough to(legally) drink in suck afore mentioned establishments!:D :D

Rory H
21/11/2005, 2:58 PM
i have a class sound recording from the mons game

we are singing champions with the badhron and drum in full affect...then mc t scores to make it 3-0 and we chant easy for 15 seconds:D

good times:)

sligoman
21/11/2005, 4:08 PM
ne one else think that Red4Eva is a bit of a 'think-he-knows-it-all' ?? he's probably a fukcin sunshine himself da GIMPEh, what brought this on?:confused:.

feo123
21/11/2005, 9:24 PM
i have a class sound recording from the mons game
we are singing champions with the badhron and drum in full affect...then mc t scores to make it 3-0 and we chant easy for 15 seconds:D
good times:)
Yeah, i have a video of a bit of that game on my phone...singin champions...then flannery missed a header from about 6 yards!:)