PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk manager quits

eamoss
12/11/2005, 9:10 PM
Got a phone call off one of my mates who is up in Oriel to say that Jim Gannon has resigned as Dundalk manger after Dundalks 10th draw in a row.

http://orielweb.com/dundalktalk/viewtopic.php?t=3106

holidaysong
14/11/2005, 3:46 PM
Sums up our season. Hopefully we can hold onto the likes of McCarthy, Kelly and Marney!

garykelly
15/11/2005, 10:57 AM
i'd say it may have something to do with next years budget and that he prob wanted a budget to enable dundalk to compete.

ndrog
15/11/2005, 11:02 AM
Gannon already had a huge budget in relation to other managers in the first division.Fact.

holidaysong
15/11/2005, 1:15 PM
Actually he left to take over managing Stockport County ladies team which he has been flying over to do every Monday for a couple of weeks now but which we have only found out about in the last few days since he resigned. I don't even knew if others in the club knew he was at this. I think he is moving over there now. His reasons about leaving about budget issues were just a cover story for him. He had accepted this job before the resignations of Connolly and Baldwin last week. He called Dundalk FC unprofessional and him with his new job lined up all along?!? :mad:

See: www.stockportexpress.co.uk (http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/sport/football/stockportcounty/s/181/181233_gannon_jets_in_for_the_girls.html)

garykelly
15/11/2005, 1:20 PM
Gannon already had a huge budget in relation to other managers in the first division.Fact.

In relation to what managers. Doesnt count for much if his budget was as huge as say mons or kikenny. But say the budget was as high as ours then that would be a very bad return indeed.

holidaysong- That's a tad disgraceful to hear. Better off with him gone if that's the type of carry on that was happening. Best of luck for next season. hope ye get someone decent in. Pat scully ??

holidaysong
15/11/2005, 1:23 PM
holidaysong- That's a tad disgraceful to hear. Better off with him gone if that's the type of carry on that was happening. Best of luck for next season. hope ye get someone decent in. Pat scully ??

Yeah better it happens now than closer to the start of next season. I would like to see Felix Healy myself, Pat Scully wouldn't be bad either. Of course I can dream of a Brian Kerr or Pat Dolan! :D

ndrog
15/11/2005, 5:42 PM
gannons partner seemingly lives in stockport.This would obviously have some bearing about him going over there.Whats with the rumors hes going to manage home farm.

ndrog
15/11/2005, 5:45 PM
[QUOTE=garykelly]In relation to what managers. Doesnt count for much if his budget was as huge as say mons or kikenny. But say the budget was as high as ours then that would be a very bad return indeed.

His budget was in the top 2 in the first division.

drummerboy
16/11/2005, 1:36 PM
Ger McCarthy is packing in EL football after final game to concentrate on business interests.

garykelly
16/11/2005, 1:41 PM
[QUOTE=garykelly]In relation to what managers. Doesnt count for much if his budget was as huge as say mons or kikenny. But say the budget was as high as ours then that would be a very bad return indeed.

His budget was in the top 2 in the first division.

:eek: :eek:

fcuk that's a seriously poor season so.(althought if they won a few of those drawn games then who knows) hopefully dundalk will be able push on now from next season and start challenging again.

Mr_T
16/11/2005, 2:11 PM
[QUOTE=ndrog]

:eek: :eek:

fcuk that's a seriously poor season so.(althought if they won a few of those drawn games then who knows) hopefully dundalk will be able push on now from next season and start challenging again.

Article by Gerry McDermott on this.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/temp123/Argus___mcdermott.pdf

eamoss
16/11/2005, 2:40 PM
Ger McCarthy is packing in EL football after final game to concentrate on business interests.

:eek: Are you sure about this?

holidaysong
16/11/2005, 2:51 PM

Yeah, where did you hear about this?!? :eek: :confused:

drummerboy
16/11/2005, 3:19 PM

No but …

bluemovie
16/11/2005, 5:05 PM
Slightly off-topic, but how did Thomas Morgan do this year? I thought he'd be too good for the First Division, but haven't heard anything about him so I doubt he set the division alight.

holidaysong
17/11/2005, 11:15 AM
Slightly off-topic, but how did Thomas Morgan do this year? I thought he'd be too good for the First Division, but haven't heard anything about him so I doubt he set the division alight.

He wasn't that great at all to be honest. Gannon dropped him half way through the season although I think that was more to do with personal reasons..