PDA

View Full Version : Ranieri, Venables, Graham, Hiddink approached

Noelys Guitar
12/11/2005, 12:06 PM
According to McDermot in the Indo. If this is the case then Hiddink is the outstanding choice but I fancy the Aussies to qualify this time because of Hiddink!

thejollyrodger
12/11/2005, 12:24 PM
if they can get hiddink then it would be fantastic. worst of that lot has to be the tinker man :D

CollegeTillIDie
12/11/2005, 2:30 PM
Hiddink will leave the Aussies at the end of the 2006 WC Campaign at whatever stage it ends.

brine3
12/11/2005, 3:39 PM
ranieri, venables, graham? the FAI are a bunch of idiots

I'm sure hiddink would be a good choice but if we were successful under him I'd have to put up with the Dutch press being smug about how Hiddink brought tactical awareness and skill to the drunken Irish and I'm not sure I could take that.

Fergie's Son
12/11/2005, 4:11 PM
I could pretty much anything if it meant that we qualified!

geysir
12/11/2005, 7:26 PM
That Indo piece did not say that Hiddink has been sounded out. Though the journalist states emphatically that Venables, O Neill and Graham have been approached directly or indirectly. There is not even the mention of an elusive source.
How would that gobsh!te Mc Dermot know anything? He is too lazy to even come up with an article so he copies some of what the Examiner has printed in a full article on the day before. He copies a few lines of it and adds on his "facts". The Examiner article explains a bit better the process.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/pport/web/Full_Story/did-sgGzEv4DT4V4csgTbBP-2fa91M.asp

thejollyrodger
12/11/2005, 7:29 PM
mc dermott needs a proper hiding after the muck he wrote about kerr. He hasnt a clue about football and most of the stuff he writes is pathetic lies.

The only source he has is the internet the fĂșcking fool.

Thunderblaster
12/11/2005, 8:37 PM
And I'm sure that the FAI would have approached managers of the quality of....Alan Ball, Pat Dolan or Roddy Collins!:rolleyes:

Noelys Guitar
12/11/2005, 9:14 PM
Just watched the Aussies and it was a pretty poor game. The silken skills of Scott Chipperfield at full back. The commentator stated that Hiddink is getting 850,000 euros approx for the 2 matches win or lose so he is way out of the FAI's pocket.

Green Tribe
13/11/2005, 1:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4433174.stm

Shut up Gary!!!!!!!!! :mad: :rolleyes:

OwlsFan
15/11/2005, 1:21 PM
ranieri, venables, graham? the FAI are a bunch of idiots.

:rolleyes: Let the newspaper man write whatever names come into his head and blame the FAI. :rolleyes:

Let's wait and see who's Officially offered the job and keep our ammunition dry until then.

My choice: John Aldridge with a good footballing assistant.

Stuttgart88
16/11/2005, 8:59 AM
Hiddink will leave the Aussies at the end of the 2006 WC Campaign at whatever stage it ends.

Australia 1 up at half-time in the second leg, so 1-1 on aggregate. www.livescore.com has updates.

Come on Uruguay!

shakermaker1982
16/11/2005, 10:49 AM
That's Hiddink out of the running now.......

zinedineontour
17/11/2005, 5:50 PM
That's Hiddink out of the running now.......

why ? We dont need another manager really till sept next year .. if we knew hiddink would join us after the world cup we could install his assistant to look after the side in the run up till then ..

Hither green
18/11/2005, 10:07 AM
why ? We dont need another manager really till sept next year .. if we knew hiddink would join us after the world cup we could install his assistant to look after the side in the run up till then ..

They surely can't wait that long and as most of the other front runners are out of work what's taking them so long? Does anyone reckon they may have been waiting for the Aussie result before making a decision or maybe they're waiting for O'Leary to be sacked?