PDA

View Full Version : Sorry

KR's Post
12/11/2005, 9:15 AM
Listen lads...:( Real sorry to see you guys going down! One of the greatest set of supporters in the league. Just a pity the team weren't as good as you's! Next week when we come up i plan to give you the greatest respect, and you deserve it. In no way will we slag the Harps supporters/players for being relegated! We've been there before and we know what it's like to be slagged off! Might even join you's for a pint Before and After the game and get an auld sing song going if you's are up for it! Once again real sorry to see you's go!

Best of luck next year, i'm sure you'll make a swift return to the Premier Divison. See ya Friday!:(

harpskid
12/11/2005, 10:47 AM
Cheers Tarzan.

Yous are more than welcome to call into Junction before and after the match. A few of us are planning to head there for the night after the match so you can join us.

We'll be back

KR's Post
12/11/2005, 10:53 AM
Cheers Tarzan.

Yous are more than welcome to call into Junction before and after the match. A few of us are planning to head there for the night after the match so you can join us.

We'll be back

Ye we might head there!!! Depends on the bus arrangements. Can't see us bringing many up for a friday game and last game of the season but we'll see!

AND..... Of course you'll be back!:)

Rovers1
12/11/2005, 3:35 PM
Unlucky Harps,im so dissapointed that therell be no Rovers/Harps games again next season,oh well,ye can have Rossiter back and please keep him this time,best of luck next year!

feo123
12/11/2005, 4:14 PM
lads, have to say I dont like ye, but im dissapointed there will be no north-west derby next season (barring the biggest miracle ever)
from what i seen on eircom league weekly this season, yere defence was an absolute shambles! unlucky boys!

Rory H
12/11/2005, 5:12 PM
pity..it really is

id much rather have ye than dublin city..or ucd...or shams really

Grasshopper 99
14/11/2005, 11:51 AM
Ye we might head there!!! Depends on the bus arrangements. Can't see us bringing many up for a friday game and last game of the season but we'll see!

AND..... Of course you'll be back!:)

As far as i know, the bus is staying up in ballyboffy for about an hour after the game, but not slagging them about getting relegated, your having a joke, im going to enjoy it. Got enough off it of other clubs when we go down, so screw them.

KR's Post
16/11/2005, 12:17 PM
but not slagging them about getting relegated, your having a joke, im going to enjoy it. Got enough off it of other clubs when we go down, so screw them.

If it was Rovers or Pats then fair enough, but not Harps. I won't be joining in anyway!

Grasshopper 99
17/11/2005, 5:39 PM
Yeah right Tarz, a few drinks in you and you wont be able to stop slagging them, even if we are losing.

Mr A
17/11/2005, 11:12 PM
That's if there's anybody at the match to slag. We're relegated already and the title decider is on TV, I'd say the crowd will hit a real record low.

fbtn
18/11/2005, 1:21 PM
Make sure you do it nice and loud in the Junction afterwards.

We love a bit of banter about being relegated in there :D

KR's Post
19/11/2005, 8:43 AM
That's if there's anybody at the match to slag. We're relegated already and the title decider is on TV, I'd say the crowd will hit a real record low.

I think it did hit a record low...No more than 300 there and 30 from Bray. But fair play to the Harps singing fans that did turn up and sing!!! That's what you call loyalty. A great set of fans, pity you didn't get the crowd you deserved last night. Always liked going to BallyBoffey, i'm going to miss it. Good crack singing with ya's, even if it was only 2 songs!! I finally got a Harps scarf after an hour of trying! Good talking to ya lads, Harpskid, any chance of a few lessons on the drums?? Best of luck next year!

monzo
19/11/2005, 9:36 PM
The match was a try-out for the younger members of the squad so not too fussed about the result.

Though young Seydak did OK - considering he was marking a MASSIVE right winger. Fintan Bonner was clsoely marked most of the night, so didn't do much at all. Gazza Crossan seemed annomious to me, Gethins seemed to doing all the work on the right. Impressed with Wizzy in the middle, his determination in his play, as well as vocal, is a huge factor why he'll be an important part in the future teams. Once again Conor Gethins played well - his determination and persistance was all on show again last night, scored a nice goal too. Didn't see much of McGee due to my sight and location, but what's his best position? Cullen was a bit arragont to knock that Fox fellow over, but dunno why the ref gave a penalty, ball was out of play when the incident occured and AFAIK you can't give a penalty at off the ball incidents. Ref works in Donegal too, I think.

Funston scored another screamer, but the most irritating thing is that there was no freakin' camera to get it! Must echo Mr A's programme notes a few weeks back - TV3 or the clubs should always have a camera at the ground. Here's how he scored it for the exiles who won't be able to see it unfortunately - received the ball in the centre of the park, charged down the middle, was approached by a Bray player, took the ball a bit too much to the right, yet a powerful swerving strike on his right foot left the ball in the back of the onion bag. Admittedly though, the keeper got a hand to it and maybe should have prevented it, but since the strike was so powerful the keeper couldn't direct it out. Great goal none the less. Too bad his great goals are few and far between.

Well done to the singing crew, judging by the loudness of them, there was a lot there. Fair play. Lots of McHugh songs (nice banner too!) but you could see he was frustrated at how the match was panning out. Cullen got a chant too, deservedly so for his performances this season.

Bray brought a good contingent too - about 40/50 of them up. The group in the shed were very vocal - fair play on coming up.

Here's my match report - sorry for the lack of Bray players :o

The final game of the season for both sides and had little to play for except pride. This cold Saturday night brought a six goal fest but despite the score-line most of the match was drab. Since Harps' fate was decided the previous week when they lost to Drogheda, condemning them to the First Division, and the fact that the title was being fought over in Turners Cross, a very little crowd of about 300 attended.

Harps fielded a young side with Eamon Seydak, Fintan Bonner, Darragh McGee and Gary Crossan in the starting eleven. Brays much muscular players put on pressure for much of the match but the young Harps side didn't shame themselves as they didn't play at all that bad, scoring two great goals and having their fair share of the possession. Bray opened the scoring on 13 minutes when Colm Tresson poked the ball into the net following a David Tyrell corner. On 31 minutes Bray doubled their lead from a Wayne Byrne penalty. Fox charged down Gavin Cullen's attempted clearence, and after the ball went out of ball Cullen knocked Fox to the ground. Referee Hugo Whorisky booked Cullen and controversially awarded a penalty. Byrne sent Cullen the wrong way and Harps' small band of loyal supporters sensed that their hugely disappointing season would end in yet another defeat. However, the Harps kept on attacking and nearly grabbed a goal back but the Bray keeper was equal to Conor Gethins' shot, when one-on-one. Before half-time Gethins notched his second goal of the campaign from a nice finish far out.

Tresson got his second goal of the match right after the interval had commenced, and then Fox made it certain that Bray would run out winners with his goal on 56 minutes. Mickey Funston replied instantly however, charging through the middle before unleashing a swerving shot from twenty yards out. Harps to their credit seeked some more goals and exerted piles of pressure on the Bray rear-guard. A free-kick from a promising position was wasted by Gethins while Paddy McGrenaghan had his shot superbly tipped over the bar. On the right, persistance paid off for Gethins as he stole the ball off a Bray defender but his shot lacked power to really trouble Hannigan. Chris Breen was introduced and was a lively threat with his pace and guile, coming close on a few occassions but to no result. The game eventually finished and the final score was 4-2 to Wanderers. On the night the notable performers for Harps were Wizzy McGowan, Shane Bradley and Conor Gethins. Next season Harps head back to the doldrums of the First Division while Bray will continue their trade in the hallowed Premier Division.

KR's Post
21/11/2005, 12:57 PM
Bray brought a good contingent too - about 40/50 of them up. The group in the shed were very vocal - fair play on coming up.

Where were you standing? We were fairly vocal alright. Even sang a few Harps song! Had a fabulous night! I love ballybofey...

monzo
21/11/2005, 5:18 PM
1st half at the gantry end (opposite the shed) just to the right of the tower thingy.

2nd half was in the town end.

What harps songs did yis sing? :D

harpskid
21/11/2005, 7:09 PM
What harps songs did yis sing? :D

They came up to us and started singing with us....bit gay if you ask me :p

joey B
22/11/2005, 9:10 AM

:D :p

KR's Post
23/11/2005, 3:26 PM

Now Now.... Don't be bitter!!! See ya in a year!:eek: :p

Mr A
23/11/2005, 6:18 PM
See you in a few months if this 22 team league (brilliant idea BTW) comes to fruition!

Hulsey
24/11/2005, 12:24 PM
Know its a bit late, but real dissapointed to see Harps go down:( . Really enjoyed my trip up to your gaff last friday, crackin' bunch of supporters:) . Hopefully see you in the cup final again next year:p .