PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Army Boycott Berties Boozer

redgav
12/11/2005, 12:28 AM
Am absoloutly disgusted by the attitue of the scumbag publicans in jackeen land - Dirty fcukin cnuts the lot of em , and I have the misfortune to live there

Tonite, city fans absoloutly packed out Fagans before the game ,there was thousands spent inthe bar ,it was crammed to the rafters ,and not a bit of trouble .Just city fans enjoying themselves and singing City songs

After the game Fagans had ALL THEIR DOORS LOCKED ,and SHUTTERS PULLED DOWN- they refused to leave people into the bars,and when I went to a bouncer and asked him why ( I know him cos I WAS a regular there ) he told me they didn't ant City fans in the bar .

We all went next door to Kennedys where there was no hassle getting a beer ,and relaxing after the game -

WHY should we all meet there in the Future ???they've treated us all like shower of pr!cks
As long as I live ,I will never set foot in that sh!thole again -Why should Cork city fans ,who caused no trouble , spent thousands in a pub get treated so disgracefully???

Any body else as pi$$ed off as I am with the way they treted us ????

Kennedys is the new bar I , and quite lot of other well fed up city fans will be going to from now on

gav

p.s ( the heading was peaders idea :D )

Peadar
12/11/2005, 11:03 AM
p.s ( the heading was peaders idea :D )

Cheers for the credit. ;)

I'm never going back into that place again.
Who do they think they are!?

Bertie was probably inside buying Bass for his Catholic Bishop buddies.

I'm just grateful that the FAI Cup final isn't in Tolka.
At least the bars near Lansdowne know how to treat football supporters.

Didn't exile say something about someone getting dodgy grub in Fagans?
It's on my blacklist now, that's for sure.

Anyone else up for an all out Boycott on Fagans?

KR's Post
12/11/2005, 11:14 AM
Fagans? Where's that anyway?

coislaoi
12/11/2005, 12:39 PM
Fagans? Where's that anyway?
It's the nearest pub to Tolka (on the corner of Botanic Avenue and Drumcondra Road).

coislaoi
12/11/2005, 12:43 PM
Absolutely. Fcuk them anyway. We have been going in there for years and then they treat us like ****e last night. A very short-sighted decision by Fagans management.

Anyway Kennedys is just as nice and the bar staff are friendlier;) and the drink is better.:D The food is good too.

razor
12/11/2005, 2:51 PM
Didn't go near Fagans before the game it was out the door by the time we arrived so we went into Kennedys before the game and had a couple of nice quiet pints.
If they don't need the business f**k em

A face
12/11/2005, 2:58 PM

Yeah ... chalk it down.

leesider
12/11/2005, 6:48 PM
that was disgrace alright after all the money that was spent there before the match!! Doyles in Phibsborough weren't allowing in City fans after the bank holiday match either.............but think there was a nincident before the match in that case!

RedX
12/11/2005, 6:56 PM
Cheers for the credit. ;)

Bertie was probably inside buying Bass for his Catholic Bishop buddies.

True for you about Bertie..he showed what side of the fence he stands on this week..and it was not for the innocent victims of abuse..:mad:

I will make sure i will bring this thread back into play for the next time we visit Tolka..they do not deserve Cork City fans money...

Slash/ED
12/11/2005, 6:58 PM
No shortage of other pubs near the ground, I never go into Fagans myself. Seems to be a bit of a stupid move on their part.

thejollyrodger
12/11/2005, 7:23 PM
Fagans is a dirt hole.

FĂșck 'em lads, dont give the ba$turds a cent in future ;)

daveh
13/11/2005, 3:41 PM
Doyles in Phibsborough weren't allowing in City fans after the bank holiday match either.............but think there was a nincident before the match in that case!

I was in Doyles after the bohs game with a good few city fans,no hastle getin in there

harry crumb
13/11/2005, 3:46 PM
I asked the barman today why we werent allowed in on Friday and he said that it was already full up with City fans after the match and that they had to lock the doors.

I find that hard to believe.

coislaoi
13/11/2005, 4:59 PM
I asked the barman today why we werent allowed in on Friday and he said that it was already full up with City fans after the match and that they had to lock the doors.

I find that hard to believe.

You are right not to believe it because it's simply not true. They locked the doors after the game. We were one of the first group of City fans out of the ground. They told us to come back in an hour when most of the fans had gone home. Fcuk them anyway, it's not as if we don't have a choice. We can go to either Kennedys or the Cat and Cage.

A face
13/11/2005, 8:28 PM
Jebus ... i'd rather no excuse than a lame one !!

Boycott ... the only thing to do !!
Just make sure everyone on buses know this before going up and all the exiles get the word around.

redgav
13/11/2005, 9:34 PM
Just to be clear on this , yes there were a few people in there ,I know Hecko an one or two others got in the back door but that may hve been cos they wern't in colours
I'm a regular there ,and I know the bouncer - I asked him why he wasn't letting me in and he told me that they had closed the pub for a hour cos they didn't want the pub getting crowded with city fans
F*ck em,I'll be going to Kennedy's pre game from now on- its cheaper ,they put EL games on the TV and don't have that spanner with his self proclaimed celebraty status to look at

Hecko
14/11/2005, 9:22 AM
Yeah - I got in the back door (probably 'cos I had a classsy looking overcoat over my city shirt! :D ) There was a fair few city fans inside, most without colours. The place was mostly empty, especially the fornt bar, which makes me think that they might have been expecting a certain "celebrity" bass drinker alright:rolleyes:

pete
14/11/2005, 9:51 AM
If this happened to travellers they would be in court bringing the publican up for discrimination.

I can understand a pub stopping intoxicated or inappropriately dressed people but a blanket ban is not on.

Did have a bit of Delhi Belly last time in Fagans but didn't think much of until now. Must have been the BSE burger.

Dricky
14/11/2005, 10:18 AM
If this happened to travellers they would be in court bringing the publican up for discrimination.

I can understand a pub stopping intoxicated or inappropriately dressed people but a blanket ban is not on.

Did have a bit of Delhi Belly last time in Fagans but didn't think much of until now. Must have been the BSE burger.

Had no hassles getting in round the side, Fenlon took his abuse well..... but it was fairly devoid of City Fans.

feo123
18/11/2005, 10:57 PM
the cat&cage or somethin like that up the road was decent a few years back...is it still there??

NY Hoop
22/11/2005, 3:09 PM
Yeah C&C is still there. Good spot too.

In fairness Fagans have been shutting their doors after games for a few years now...........

KOH

pete
22/11/2005, 3:29 PM
In fairness Fagans have been shutting their doors after games for a few years now...........

Only for Rovers fans though... ;)

Dricky
22/11/2005, 3:50 PM
Yeah - I got in the back door (probably 'cos I had a classsy looking overcoat over my city shirt! :D ) There was a fair few city fans inside, most without colours. The place was mostly empty, especially the fornt bar, which makes me think that they might have been expecting a certain "celebrity" bass drinker alright:rolleyes:

Ah Now Hecko it was the smell off that classy coat cleared the area.