PDA

View Full Version : Damien Duff to Join Manche$t€r Unit€d

Pablo
08/05/2002, 12:57 PM
Damien Duff could be on his way to Manchester United as early as next week, according to reports.

It is understood the Irish winger is on the verge of a move to Old Trafford - with Dwight Yorke linking up with former strike partner Andy Cole at Rovers in part exchange.

United are ready to offer Blackburn the Trinidad international and £6 million to land Duff, who recently turned down a new four-year contract at Ewood Park.

Pablo
08/05/2002, 12:58 PM
that is a bit unexpected isnt it? could be bad for him though as surely he'll only be a squad player?

Éanna
08/05/2002, 1:19 PM
crazy decision for him if he goes, he'll never knock giggs out of the team. His only hope of regular football is if Ferguson continues playing giggs behind van nistelrooy and uses duff as a winger, but I doubt that.

joe
08/05/2002, 1:54 PM
or he could play one of them on the wing and the other up front - both giggs and duff have played both positions quite a bit this season

pete
08/05/2002, 2:18 PM
Sounds like a bargain for the merchandisers as Yorke be worth at most 5million & he a complete waster so the scottish one be keen to offload.

IMO be good move for Duff as considering how many games they play he get a good few games as the squad rotates. Duff be good option to play behind that Rudd chap too.

I think Duff happy at Blackburn so he may not even want to go?

Pablo
08/05/2002, 2:23 PM
i ask the question.....who would any sane minded individual pick?

Éanna
09/05/2002, 12:15 PM
He scored a cracking goal for Blackburn last night- 2 really quick one-twos and a neat finish. Hopefully he can keep that form up for the wrold cup.

Pablo
09/05/2002, 2:05 PM
That was some goal alright. a late contender for goal of the season they describeb it as. he is on fire at just the right time for us!