PDA

View Full Version : Fire Damage at Lansdowne

sligoman
11/11/2005, 10:43 PM
7,000 seats in the North stand are gone for tomorrows rugby game due to a gas leak at Lansdowne:eek:. Just announced on the Late Late show. People with seats in that area are been urged not to travel.

sligoman
11/11/2005, 10:47 PM
It's 7,500 seats and it's still not out yet. The fire services are still working on it but they have got it under control

sligoman
12/11/2005, 11:46 AM
The North Terrace at Lansdowne Road will be closed today for the meeting of Ireland and New Zealand after a small fire broke out on the terrace yesterday

The IRFU has requested that holders of tickets for the North Terrace not turn up as they will not be able to gain access to the grounds.

In a statement the IRFU said they 'regret the North Terrace closure and the disappointment and inconvenience caused and assures patrons holding tickets for that area that notices will be issued as soon as possible regarding
procedures for a full ticket price refund.'

From Aertel

thejollyrodger
12/11/2005, 12:30 PM
what a joke that stadium is.. the french really ripped the **** out of it when they played there last year. I cant wait till its flattened and we move to Croker.

finlma
14/11/2005, 10:23 AM
It's 7,500 seats and it's still not out yet.

Its no seats - its a terrace. Pat the plank has obviously never been to Lansdowne calling it the north stand. I was up there on Saturday - it was safe enough for plenty of stewards to stand on the terrace with an unobstructed view.

Macy
14/11/2005, 10:37 AM
Its no seats - its a terrace. Pat the plank has obviously never been to Lansdowne calling it the north stand. I was up there on Saturday - it was safe enough for plenty of stewards to stand on the terrace with an unobstructed view.
It wasn't because of the safety of the terrace, it was perserve the scene of the fire afaik. It'll be open for the Oz match.

sligoman
14/11/2005, 10:45 AM
Its no seats - its a terrace.I'm just saying what was said;)

finlma
14/11/2005, 11:19 AM
I'm just saying what was said;)

I know - Pat is some fool for one fool. ;)