PDA

View Full Version : Waterford Fans

Pages : [1] 2

hoopy
11/11/2005, 9:49 PM
Just to say fair play to the Waterford fans who made the trip, without doubt the biggest non Dublin away support we've seen this season. The best side won the game as any side who tries to defend a 1-0 lead when the majority of the game is still to go deserves to lose. My only gripe is that a lot of Waterford players seem to hit the ground very easy, especially the 'tubby' left back. Anyway the table doesn't lie and either does the fact that we have a tit of a manager. Well done

thomas
11/11/2005, 9:54 PM
Just to say fair play to the Waterford fans who made the trip, without doubt the biggest non Dublin away support we've seen this season. The best side won the game as any side who tries to defend a 1-0 lead when the majority of the game is still to go deserves to lose. My only gripe is that a lot of Waterford players seem to hit the ground very easy, especially the 'tubby' left back. Anyway the table doesn't lie and either does the fact that we have a tit of a manager. Well done

It was more than Pats brought.

RĂ©iteoir
11/11/2005, 10:05 PM
Stop taking the focus away from the proper fans tonight.

This evening's supposed to be about the Shels fans at Tolka :(

Risteard
12/11/2005, 12:13 AM
Just to say fair play to the Waterford fans who made the trip, without doubt the biggest non Dublin away support we've seen this season.
Are ye serious?
Jays, thats astonishing.
Fair play.

Billy Lord
12/11/2005, 1:56 AM
Fair play to Waterford, the best team won etc. Respect too for the numbers you brought. Last night was a painful one for us Hoops, but I'm proud to say that we gave the Waterford team a round of applause as they came off the pitch. It wasn't easy to do that under the circumstances. Obviously, I hope you all die screaming but we built our own grave. We've no one to blame but ourselves for being in this predicament.

dfx-
12/11/2005, 2:02 AM
I can't see what the fuss is about the Waterford fans....I saw nothing out of the ordinary to earn more respect than usual..:confused:

Us clapping their team has nothing to do with their supporters...and I also would've thought Finn Harps and Derry brought at least the same amount..?:confused:

Celdrog
12/11/2005, 10:20 AM
Just to say fair play to the Waterford fans who made the trip, without doubt the biggest non Dublin away support we've seen this season.

Fair play to Waterford and Pat Dolan, but Hoopy I think you will find the biggest non-Dublin support in Dalymount this season was the Drogs (we aren't really a **** Dublin suburb - we are from "the country") :) :) :)

joeraki
12/11/2005, 2:22 PM
Went along as a neutral. It was a poor game all round. Rovers are dire and will probably be joining us next season in that form.

Good Atmosphere and display from Rovers fans, lst voice in 2nd half. Waterford had a decent support, around 200 or so. Quiet for most of the game. The only songs I heard them singing was that England/Rangers dambusters song !! and OLE OLE OLE OLE. If I had of closed my eys I would of thought I was in Lansdowne or Ibrox at times :rolleyes:

blutil
12/11/2005, 2:29 PM
think you'll find it was O'Rea O'Rea O'Rea for our manager

bluemovie
12/11/2005, 3:01 PM
What would a Dundalk man know about a crowd? There were 341 Blues fans apparently stuck over in the Des Kelly. From where we were we couldn't hear a thing from the Rovers fans most of the time. That song was The Great Escape as in 'we made the great escape from relegation'.

Buller
12/11/2005, 3:21 PM
From where we were we couldn't hear a thing from the Rovers fans most of the time.
Are you takin the p!ss?? We sang loudly for nearly all of the first half and the start of the second!!! Waterford only began to sing when you scored the first goal...

Mental Man
12/11/2005, 8:58 PM
In all fairness Buller, i was in the Des kelly and the lads rarely stopped singing all night,even after rovers got their only goal the lads went at it straight away and kept it up to the end.

bluemovie
12/11/2005, 9:32 PM
Are you takin the p!ss?? We sang loudly for nearly all of the first half and the start of the second!!! Waterford only began to sing when you scored the first goal...

Yes. I was taking the p*ss a bit. But to be honest, the acoustics weren't the best suited for my vocals. I knew ye were singing, but could rarely hear it. We sang all the way through. Maybe joeraki had the same problem.

Slash/ED
12/11/2005, 9:47 PM
If you and everyone around you is singing no matter how loud the others are you WONT hear them

Hence the constant "We completley outsang ye!" "Bullsh*t, ye were quiet. We outsang ye!" and so on threads on foot.ie.

bluemovie
13/11/2005, 4:06 PM
did you count the fans,

there was well over 400 blues fans if not 500.

341 was given on the Attendance thread. I presume they were using an official figure of how many were admitted to the Des Kelly. We had estimated between 300 and 400 anyway.

Sam Savic
14/11/2005, 12:15 AM
Luckily the 321 supporters in the Des Kelly could not be heard in the Jodi as Rovers don't take too kindly to racist songs being sung. It was only sung once, otherwise we would have had to do something about it.

tiktok
14/11/2005, 9:36 AM

Fair play to them!

pete
14/11/2005, 9:55 AM
No doubt Waterford have started to come out in numbers recently but wasn't long ago in mid season with club going down the drain that supporters seemed to be abandoning their club...

Schumi
14/11/2005, 11:06 AM
Luckily the 321 supporters in the Des Kelly could not be heard in the Jodi as Rovers don't take too kindly to racist songs being sung. It was only sung once, otherwise we would have had to do something about it.What was this? I didn't hear anything, although I was half way down the Jodi so I wouldn't I suppose.

sfc red
14/11/2005, 11:10 AM
And would this "something" be the same something you did to the Shels fans when we were there? Were you planning to bring your hardmen around the back to assault innocent people??

NY Hoop
14/11/2005, 11:36 AM
And would this "something" be the same something you did to the Shels fans when we were there? Were you planning to bring your hardmen around the back to assault innocent people??

At least our chairman didnt punch an opposition manager and our fans dont invade the pitch at end of every game:rolleyes:

KOH

Slash/ED
14/11/2005, 11:37 AM
At least our chairman didnt punch an opposition manager and our fans dont invade the pitch at end of every game:rolleyes:

KOH

Yeah those kids invading the pitch, that's much worse alright. Lucky you Rovers fans stick to assaulting fans outside Dalymount instead, and have the decency to walk around the long way. A credit to the league.

bigmac
14/11/2005, 11:39 AM
Can we get back to the "Waterford fans are great" subject please? With all the recent love-ins here, I was afraid we were going to miss out on one!

NY Hoop
14/11/2005, 11:46 AM
Yeah those kids invading the pitch, that's much worse alright. Lucky you Rovers fans stick to assaulting fans outside Dalymount instead, and have the decency to walk around the long way. A credit to the league.

To be honest I didnt know about that at the time but individuals have been barred as a result. I also notice how you continually ignore oily's frequent "infringements".

KOH

Colm
14/11/2005, 11:46 AM

I thought it was hilarious seeing Shels new little firm outside Tolka after the game on Friday singing and shouting at everyone and then nearly starting crying when a few City fans did so much as look in their direction!

Then the laughter continues when you think back to Ollie storming around the bar at half time as City fans sing 'Ollie Byrne is a football hooligan'.

And to round off this moment of wonderful humour you just have to picture all the Shels kids on the pitch at full time giving it loads until the City fans ran on.... all while your useless stewards stood there chatting.

What a funny club Shels are!:D

Slash/ED
14/11/2005, 11:51 AM
To be honest I didnt know about that at the time but individuals have been barred as a result. I also notice how you continually ignore oily's frequent "infringements".

KOH

I don't ignore them, I've said my peice on them many times before. The Roddy incident was a disgrace.

You banned how many people exactly after that?

I thought it was hilarious seeing Shels new little firm outside Tolka after the game on Friday singing and shouting at everyone and then nearly starting crying when a few City fans did so much as look in their direction!

Then the laughter continues when you think back to Ollie storming around the bar at half time as City fans sing 'Ollie Byrne is a football hooligan'.

And to round off this moment of wonderful humour you just have to picture all the Shels kids on the pitch at full time giving it loads until the City fans ran on.... all while your useless stewards stood there chatting.

What a funny club Shels are

We sing Ollie Byrne is a football hooligan too, and there were as many idiotic Cork kids on the pitch running halfway towards the new stand and stopping and waving their arms too. One is as bad as the other.

Of course, aren't you the fella who wouldn't even condem the Pats game incident? So getting sense out of you is a task beyond even myself. Sorry if you're not that idiot.

NY Hoop
14/11/2005, 11:54 AM
Well there are 10 barred now altogether but why isnt oily barred?

KOH

Slash/ED
14/11/2005, 11:55 AM
Well there are 10 barred now altogether but why isnt oily barred?

KOH

There was far more than 10 involved. Until you take more than a token gesture odd banning you can hardly take the moral high ground.

NY Hoop
14/11/2005, 12:52 PM
So let me get this straight? A chairman who is continually in trouble is worse than some incident that happened OUTSIDE a football ground?

In most peoples book a chairman fighting is far worse than fans' because he should lead by example. But wait he is a thug so..........

KOH

pete
14/11/2005, 2:12 PM

Colm, can you identify these people who were giving their money to the enemy? ;)

Slash/ED
14/11/2005, 2:44 PM
So let me get this straight? A chairman who is continually in trouble is worse than some incident that happened OUTSIDE a football ground?

In most peoples book a chairman fighting is far worse than fans' because he should lead by example. But wait he is a thug so..........

KOH

Who in the name of god are you arguing with? You were the one who mentioned Ollie, the only thing I said about him was his actions with Roddy were a disgrace. Do you just make up opposiate points so you can be outraged by them?

The only reason Ollie, who isn't a chairman btw, was brought up was a vintage foot.ie style tactic of completley avoiding the point someones come up with by mentioning some other unrelated incident/person and taking the moral high ground followed by one or more :rolleyes: smileys.

Colm
14/11/2005, 3:29 PM
Colm, can you identify these people who were giving their money to the enemy? ;)

They had loads of pints of stout ready for the herd of people expected to come in at half time and some of us were in there a few minutes early. Let's just say that we took great advantage of those pints when the confusion started!;)

superfrank
14/11/2005, 3:44 PM
I saw it on Sports Tonight, the crowd looked deadly. Alot of fans may slate Rovers fans but I say fair play to the ones who know how to create a proper atmosphere. The Waterford fans contributed greatly too.

Fair play to both sets.

thomas
14/11/2005, 3:44 PM
did you count the fans,

there was well over 400 blues fans if not 500.

Yes, as a matter of fact, re-checking the figures I got 321: 89 through 1 stile, 232 through the other.

bluemovie
14/11/2005, 3:50 PM
Luckily the 321 supporters in the Des Kelly could not be heard in the Jodi as Rovers don't take too kindly to racist songs being sung. It was only sung once, otherwise we would have had to do something about it.

Are you sure you didn't just mishear a song about our goalkeeper?;) Seriously though, we don't have that number of people at away games usually. There were a lot of young lads there that none of us remember seeing before. One of them even had a burberry cap. :eek: I reckon they heard about games in the 70s and thought they were out for a scrap. Idiots.

joeraki
14/11/2005, 4:11 PM
I saw it on Sports Tonight, the crowd looked deadly. Alot of fans may slate Rovers fans but I say fair play to the ones who know how to create a proper atmosphere. The Waterford fans contributed greatly too.

Fair play to both sets.

It looks well from this video on the Rovers forum

http://dl1.rapidshare.de/files/7585758/214597857/Ultras_Friday.mov

blutil
14/11/2005, 4:20 PM
It looks well from this video on the Rovers forum

http://dl1.rapidshare.de/files/7585758/214597857/Ultras_Friday.mov
does look well alright, what a waste of bog roll

Sam Savic
14/11/2005, 5:15 PM
One or two foolish shels fans misreading the situation.
There were about 50 of the Waterford fans singing a song with a racist conotation. When I said we would have to do something about it, I didn't mean do an Ollie and charge into the Waterford fans. I simply meant that I would have asked the Waterford event director to request his fans to stop. Simple. Sometimes the simple way of doing things is the best way.
As it happened, they only sang it once.
It's a pity really. Apart from the result, it was a good night for football with Waterford managing to bring large numbers and Rovers fans, even in defeat, putting on a great display.

NY Hoop
15/11/2005, 11:48 AM
Who in the name of god are you arguing with? You were the one who mentioned Ollie, the only thing I said about him was his actions with Roddy were a disgrace. Do you just make up opposiate points so you can be outraged by them?

The only reason Ollie, who isn't a chairman btw, was brought up was a vintage foot.ie style tactic of completley avoiding the point someones come up with by mentioning some other unrelated incident/person and taking the moral high ground followed by one or more :rolleyes: smileys.

Opposite points?? I already said that we dont have any control over what happens outside the ground. I brought oily up because you have a convicted criminal in charge of your club who is regularly in trouble so it is hypocritical of any shels fan to be whinging about other fans.

Vintage foot.ie style tactic? I'm not the one with thousands of posts kid...........

KOH

Roverstillidie
15/11/2005, 1:12 PM
There was far more than 10 involved. Until you take more than a token gesture odd banning you can hardly take the moral high ground.

everyone who was identified as being involved was banned. what else can we actually do?
you have a thug running around as your public face assaulting an opposition manager, official and numerous fans, lying about trouble at setanta games and attempting to remove flags and banners and thats just this season.
you have an baby firm emerging, as witnessed by Rovers, Bohs and Cork fans on this forum (and we agree on nothing), caused massive offence in Longford and invade the pitch at every opportunity. And thats just this season.
you can quite frankly **** off lecturing anyone on their behaviour. I will take being given out to by some fans on off the pitch scallywaggery at rovers, but not from shels.

ConfusedBlue
15/11/2005, 3:43 PM
Typical Rovers!!!!
Now before you go making any more idle threats,what exactly was this racist song??????????
The only one I can think of was the song in deference to our keeper Packie Holden,which had been rehashed to "I'd rather have Packie than a Dub"!!!!!!!:D

Yes, as a matter of fact, re-checking the figures I got 321: 89 through 1 stile, 232 through the other.
Thats of the ones that paid in,have the officials who would of received complimentary tickets been included in that figure?

On a seperate note fair play to those Rovers supporters who applauded our players off,its very rarely this kind of positive stuff gets reported in the EL

Roverstillidie
15/11/2005, 4:01 PM
Typical Rovers!!!!
Now before you go making any more idle threats,what exactly was this racist song??????????
The only one I can think of was the song in deference to our keeper Packie Holden,which had been rehashed to "I'd rather have Packie than a Dub"!!!!!!!:D

Thats of the ones that paid in,have the officials who would of received complimentary tickets been included in that figure?

On a seperate note fair play to those Rovers supporters who applauded our players off,its very rarely this kind of positive stuff gets reported in the EL

If Sam Savic is who I think he is, its not an 'idle threat' he is a matchday official. Offending parties would presumably have been ejected.

That song is racist, regardless of what you interpret it to mean. The rural GAA fans sing it like the rednecks they are. Lets not make a big deal out of it, something arose, a sensible approach was taken by SRFC stewards and the problem was over.

Thanks for the kind words btw.

ConfusedBlue
15/11/2005, 4:19 PM
The rural GAA fans sing it like the rednecks they are. Lets not make a big deal out of it, something arose, a sensible approach was taken by SRFC stewards and the problem was over.

Who is being racist now?

There were about 50 of the Waterford fans singing a song with a racist conotation. When I said we would have to do something about it, I didn't mean do an Ollie and charge into the Waterford fans. I simply meant that I would have asked the Waterford event director to request his fans to stop. Simple. Sometimes the simple way of doing things is the best way.

Since when do we have a Waterford United event director at an away game?In all my time travelling to away games,never once have I seen a WUFC event director in an away ground in an official capacity(as a supproter maybe but not event director)!!

ccfcgirl
15/11/2005, 4:48 PM
Fair play to Waterford for travelling in Numbers to Dalymount . I think when Pat Dolan (followed by good results)came to the club interest and fans came to the club too..

Raheny Red
15/11/2005, 5:10 PM
They should be expected to bring a crowd like this away since it is their biggest game since last years cup final.
I'm not suprised at all.

ontheballboy
15/11/2005, 5:42 PM
waterford fans were class. thought the choice of song played over the tanoy when the teams came out was funny. "I Predict A Riot". Quite appropriate for Rovers.:)

thomas
15/11/2005, 5:55 PM
Who is being racist now?

Since when do we have a Waterford United event director at an away game?In all my time travelling to away games,never once have I seen a WUFC event director in an away ground in an official capacity(as a supproter maybe but not event director)!!

I was talking to him at the game. Seemed like a good idea since he w expecting a crowd of you up and WUFC wanted everything to go smoothly. V. professional approach, mirrored by the team.

Raheny Red
15/11/2005, 6:02 PM
thought the choice of song played over the tanoy when the teams came out was funny. "I Predict A Riot". Quite appropriate for Rovers.

Yeh very funny:rolleyes: . That same song was played at half time during Rovers V Shels in Dalyer and they came around looking for a rumble after the game. They came looking for a rumble just because there were a few Shels fans in casual gear.

So yes, that song is quite appropriate for Rovers.

anto eile
15/11/2005, 6:47 PM
It was more than Pats brought.
was it more than shels brought?
i estimated 130 waterford fans made the trip. turnd out it was 330 or so

anto eile
15/11/2005, 6:55 PM
Yeh very funny:rolleyes: . That same song was played at half time during Rovers V Shels in Dalyer and they came around looking for a rumble after the game. They came looking for a rumble just because there were a few Shels fans in casual gear.

So yes, that song is quite appropriate for Rovers.
stop whingeing about the bloody song.its a good song,its popular its all over the radio and tv right now.theres nothing sinister about it being played at Rovers games,so get over it.

as for
have the officials who would of received complimentary tickets been included in that figure?
there were about 30 wufc officials who got in free according to a thread on the ultras forum. this is on top of the 321 paying fans