PDA

View Full Version : Sacked Kerr aims for job abroad

robbie_B
11/11/2005, 6:06 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4413884.stm

thejollyrodger
11/11/2005, 6:53 PM
I was wondering about what kerr would do.. Does anyone think Anderlecht has his name written all over it ?? I think he would be loved there, he is a technocrat after all and belgium loves that kind of manager.

Best of luck to him where ever he goes.

gustavo
11/11/2005, 7:02 PM
He'll probably go for some English job

macdermesser
11/11/2005, 7:29 PM
He'll probably go for some English job

or maybe Glasgow Rangers :D

Superhoops
11/11/2005, 11:01 PM
or maybe Glasgow Rangers :D
Not as daft as you think!!

Marked Man
13/11/2005, 1:34 PM
Not as daft as you think!!

Yeah, bound to be a big hit with the Rangers supporter that. You can just hear the announcer at the first match.

And now, introducing your new manager, former Republic of Ireland manager, Brian Kerr.

Dawn_Run
14/11/2005, 3:56 PM
Kerr wasnt sacked - you'd think they'd know that :mad:

thejollyrodger
14/11/2005, 4:19 PM
turning out to be a bit of a 'keano walked out' urban story doesnt it.

OwlsFan
14/11/2005, 4:52 PM
----------------------------

"I was very, very hurt. I had worked for nine years in lots of roles for the assocation (Football Association of Ireland), for the one employer and as a full-time employee.

"So to be dispatched, cut off, more or less overnight was quite hurtful and disappointing.

"But that was their entitlement and that was the decision of the wise men of the association."

Kerr said that his former FAI employers have kept their distance since not renewing his contract last month.

"Of course you feel you are owed a little bit more of an explanation or an understanding of the logic but people don't have to do that if they don't want to.

"That's fine by me, I'll move on but it wouldn't be how I would have done my job."
-----------------------------
So what are you supposed to do with someone after you don't renew their contract? Ask them out for dinner and pretend it hasn't happened. Offer them a lesser role in the organisation and be told where to stick it.

Difficult position for everyone. I hope the FAI wrote him a letter thanking him for his past contributions - I know that was said publicly - and wishing him all the best for the future but like when you dump someone in a relationship, you don't keep in contact.

eirebhoy
14/11/2005, 7:07 PM
So what are you supposed to do with someone after you don't renew their contract? Ask them out for dinner and pretend it hasn't happened. Offer them a lesser role in the organisation and be told where to stick it.
Call him into the office and tell him to his face, not just phone up his agent a few minutes before he was going to find out his fate on Setanta.

gustavo
15/11/2005, 12:04 AM
----------------------------
but like when you dump someone in a relationship, you don't keep in contact.
What if you were friends with them for 9 years previously:)

Reality Bites
15/11/2005, 8:13 AM
Ya but when all said and done Brian, face it you weren't good enough, tactically one dimensional, and a complete failure in terms of motivation, against Cyprus away we were a mess, and against the swiss when we should have been at our best we were just plain clueless...

OwlsFan
15/11/2005, 8:51 AM
Call him into the office and tell him to his face, not just phone up his agent a few minutes before he was going to find out his fate on Setanta.

Agreed but I have to admit I've broken up relationships via the phone rather than having the courage to say it face to face :o The end result is the same either way though.

paul_oshea
15/11/2005, 9:47 AM
Ya but when all said and done Brian, face it you weren't good enough, tactically one dimensional, and a complete failure in terms of motivation, against Cyprus away we were a mess, and against the swiss when we should have been at our best we were just plain clueless...

very good point, i think he can hope at best to be an assistant, thats all.

mchurl
15/11/2005, 10:06 AM
let him take over from mr. mourinho at chelsea:p