PDA

View Full Version : Mahon looks to keep players

pineapple stu
11/11/2005, 12:21 PM
From the Mirror...

UCD boss Peter (!) Mahon hopes to hold on to his entire squad for next season.

College normally lose their best players at the end of each campaign but Mahon is confident that he can hold on to Stephen Hurley, Gary Dicker and keeper Darren Quigley.

Mahon said "I hope all the squad stay and I expect them to. The fact is that an extra year will do them no harm. They know they will get a lot of action here with us, whereas if they went to another club, they may struggle to get into the first team.

"There are one or two cases of players around who have left us but who haven't got first team football at other clubs. I'll be reminding our lads of that fact."

Poor Student
11/11/2005, 12:51 PM
"There are one or two cases of players around who have left us but who haven't got first team football at other clubs. I'll be reminding our lads of that fact."

Love that line. Get Willie J. Doyle to give a talk.:D

John83
11/11/2005, 1:36 PM
Love that line. Get Willie J. Doyle to give a talk.:D Good to see that tag sticking to him. I think we'll keep most of the players anyway, except squad players who aren't cutting the mustard. Mahon's Sliced Mustard Inc. should see a good increase in productivity next year. ;):o

CollegeTillIDie
12/11/2005, 7:34 AM
And in other news Alan Cawley is not being kept at the end of this season by Shelbourne.... :D