PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. Bohs

Roo69
11/11/2005, 12:07 PM
Bray Wanderers welcome back Brian McGovern, who missed last week's game against Derry City with a hamstring injury, and Stephen Gifford, who was suspended last week, for the game against Bohemians on Friday night at the Carlisle Grounds (kick-off 7.45pm).

David Tyrrell, who limped out of last week's game at half time with a hamstring injury, is also available for selection. The injury was not as serious as was first thought.

There was further good news on the injury front for Bray: Jody Lynch, who has missed Bray's last twelve games with a serious ankle injury, returned to training this week and although he won't play again this season it was just nice to see him back in training.

At the Carlisle Grounds in May, a goal in injury time gave Bohemians all three points after Bray had taken the lead in the game through Eamon Zayed.

At Dalymount Park in August, a disputed penalty saw Bohemians once again collect the three points.

Bohemians are the only side in the Premier Division that Bray have not so far taken any points from in 2005.

From Bray Wanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=449&Itemid=1)

superfrank
11/11/2005, 2:02 PM
Don't know what to think about this one. Should be a good laugh.

Roo69
11/11/2005, 3:27 PM
Hannigan will start tonight as well......

Seagull
11/11/2005, 5:05 PM
Hannigan will start tonight as well......
....:)

wanderette
12/11/2005, 8:02 AM
Such a sweet victory!

And the irony of it, after us being robbed in matches against them so many times, it was so nice to finally have a bit of luck on our side. One of the forst times we've had the luck this season really.

But what about Hannigan? He was a disaster! I thought he looked allright for the under 21s, and was all on for giving him a run in the firsts. Not cos I have anything against Skippy, I have more time for him than the rest of ye do, but just to give Hannigan a chnace. But he was shocking!

What was Kelly sent off for?

And off the topic, but just thinking about Tarzan - I think he should've been given a run last night, last home match this season and all that. And cos Franco was doing nothing.

KR's Post
12/11/2005, 8:36 AM
Hannigan after all the hype of getting in, had a bad game! Did save a penalty though.... Looked dodgy at times but did pull off one or two saves in the end!!! Great great win. 3-1 Really enjoyed it! Deserved it aswell... Tyrell struck two beautys and i don't like saying it but he's going back to Shels after his performances all year! Ciaran Ryans celebration was classic, coming over to us, kissing the crest, alot of passion showed there! Cheers Ryaner... Anyone read Devo's programme notes last night about websites and slating players and so fort!? Interesting!

And finally, well done Bohs fans! You guys done your club proud once again! Absolute disgrace in what happened, numorus objects thrown onto the pitch, linesman was struck with something or by someone. You guys are a disgrace. Ok i know you are going to say it was only a minority, but most of your fans over that side did seem to be involved. I felt really sorry for the lino. And another thing, why were there Bohs fans in the shed aswell? Seperated from the filth over the far side? At least the sprinklers had an easy night!:p

The Wanderer
12/11/2005, 11:48 AM
Well i disagree with you Tarzan, i thought Pat Hannigan was very brave last night, with just hostile Bohs fans and a hyped up game, i think he did extremley well for us... I thought Bray played well, took their chances, but Bohs played some lovely football. All in all was very happy with preformance and result..

Read Devo's notes in the programme, he should be more intrested in the team and their preformances rather than the forum!

KR's Post
12/11/2005, 1:27 PM
Well i disagree with you Tarzan, !

Single me out again then!!!!!!

kingp35
12/11/2005, 5:13 PM
have to say that hANNIGAN HAD A GOOD GAME IMO:p

Also the bohs fans behaviour was an absolute disgrace nd they should be everly punished for this. It isnt the first time that this has happened

Seagull
12/11/2005, 5:27 PM
Devo's little rant in the programme (€3 for that???) about people posting 'snide' messages here was fairly pitiful. Does he want nothing but yes men supporting the Wanderers? This thing about 'get involved with the club' without mentioning anything specific you could do makes me laugh. What does he want us to do? Sell programmes? Half time tickets? Build a roof for the stand? No thanks, match night is match night. Well done to himself and McGuirk though on what was a successful season, last night's game one of the highlights. The Pigsboro boys disgraced themselves yet again- they need to be housetrained.

Stevo Da Gull
12/11/2005, 8:31 PM
(jayzuz its a bit heated on here lately). What a fudgin result last night, our biggest win of the season:eek: ... and it was against the bohs:D .

Really happy for Ciarán Ryan, sound bloke and underated by some IMO. Loved his celebrations and he looked like he was loving it too. Delighted!

KK77
14/11/2005, 9:56 AM
Single me out again then!!!!!!

Sorry Tarzan have to agree with him i thought Hannigan did well all in all and as for Devo yet again he has shown he can't take criticism then he never could going as far back as his days as an LSL manager.

Roo69
14/11/2005, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=wanderette]But what about Hannigan? He was a disaster! I thought he looked allright for the under 21s, and was all on for giving him a run in the firsts. Not cos I have anything against Skippy, I have more time for him than the rest of ye do, but just to give Hannigan a chnace. But he was shocking!
[QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Tarzan1]Hannigan after all the hype of getting in, had a bad game! Did save a penalty though.... Looked dodgy at times but did pull off one or two saves in the end!!![QUOTE]

Tarzan1 / Wanderette - Are ya's bloody serious ? How could you say Hannigan had a bad game ? He made about 3 or 4 really good saves in the 2nd half as well as saving a peno in the 1st half and he was brave as fcuk all game long and made decisions that he have needed all season long from a defensive point of view. IMO Hannigan had a very impressive debut, and i'm defo not the only one who would have thought that.

On the match, 2 Wonderful free kicks by Tyrrell, Looks more and more likely that he wont be with us next season. We defo rode our luck at times but we got the bit of luck we deserved, Karma from the match in Dalymount i reckon, near the end we caught them on the break a few times and it could have been more but for poor finishing. Delighted with the win in saying all that and fair play to the lads for finshing 7th.

Bohs fans at it again, when will they ever learn ? SCUM

mchurl
14/11/2005, 11:36 AM
Bohs fans at it again, when will they ever learn ? SCUM

Totally agree but lets concentrate on what a great win it was

Grasshopper 99
14/11/2005, 11:38 AM
was not there on friday, but what a great result. Well done to all, and hopefully the ref will say something in his report about the throwing incident involving bohs fans and the assistant ref.

KR's Post
14/11/2005, 12:33 PM
was not there on friday, but what a great result. Well done to all, and hopefully the ref will say something in his report about the throwing incident involving bohs fans and the assistant ref.

It was our mate tuitey who was reffing!

KR's Post
14/11/2005, 12:38 PM
][[QUOTE=Tarzan1]Hannigan after all the hype of getting in, had a bad game! Did save a penalty though.... Looked dodgy at times but did pull off one or two saves in the end!!![QUOTE]

Tarzan1 / Wanderette - Are ya's bloody serious ? How could you say Hannigan had a bad game ? He made about 3 or 4 really good saves in the 2nd half as well as saving a peno in the 1st half and he was brave as fcuk all game long and made decisions that he have needed all season long from a defensive point of view. IMO Hannigan had a very impressive debut, and i'm defo not the only one who would have thought that.

Juat felt there were times he was very unconvincing! Some of his kicks were woeful. Was surprised by that because in the 21's game he seemed to be able to give the ball a hell of a boot! He ad an average game! Maybe a bad game was a little harsh! After all he did make a peno save along with a few other good saves! Sometimes though from crosses and corners he looked rather nervous and didn't really punch the ball well! All in all i'd say though his place is secure for next week!

Roo69
14/11/2005, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69[INDENT]][[QUOTE=Tarzan1]Hannigan after all the hype of getting in, had a bad game! Did save a penalty though.... Looked dodgy at times but did pull off one or two saves in the end!!!

Juat felt there were times he was very unconvincing! Some of his kicks were woeful. Was surprised by that because in the 21's game he seemed to be able to give the ball a hell of a boot! He ad an average game! Maybe a bad game was a little harsh! After all he did make a peno save along with a few other good saves! Sometimes though from crosses and corners he looked rather nervous and didn't really punch the ball well! All in all i'd say though his place is secure for next week!

The wind had a MAJOR part to play in both keepers kicking and coming for crosses on Friday night, Gregg was the very same, sometimes the ball was moving about 10/15 foot off where they were kicking........ He will defo start next week.

KR's Post
14/11/2005, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=tarzan1][QUOTE=Roo69[INDENT]][

The wind had a MAJOR part to play in both keepers kicking and coming for crosses on Friday night, Gregg was the very same, sometimes the ball was moving about 10/15 foot off where they were kicking........ He will defo start next week.

I knew on thursday that he was starting against Bohs! Devo brought Skippy into the Hibo for a pint afterwards! Maybe to console him!

KK77
14/11/2005, 1:01 PM
[QUOTE=tarzan1][QUOTE=Roo69[INDENT]][

Exactly

Roo69
14/11/2005, 2:08 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69][QUOTE=tarzan1]

I knew on thursday that he was starting against Bohs! Devo brought Skippy into the Hibo for a pint afterwards! Maybe to console him!

Nah Hannigan was promised that he would start a game at some point this season, suppose that we were safe that it was the best time to do it.

superfrank
14/11/2005, 3:28 PM
I thought ?Hannigan played well, however I don't think Skippy would've done any worse or any better. Apart from the penalty I remember one good save he made. Also he's good at catching the ball and his kicks are generally better. I don't think he's strides ahead of Skippy though if at all.

Back to the matter at hand 3-1!! Brilliant! It was nice to see the Bohs fans losing the head a bit but NOT nioce to see the stuff been thrown at the lino. Anytime I looked over at him he was sweeping crap off the touchline. DISGRACEFUL......AGAIN!

KK77
14/11/2005, 3:40 PM
Does he want nothing but yes men supporting the Wanderers?

That is exactly why i am glad i am only a fan of Wanderers for the last 20 years and not involved in the club because the majority if not all are yes men to Devo no one in the club would stand up to him FACT as he is a little hitler who basically controls the club and the people in it and before people start slating me i think Devo has been brilliant for the club BUT that doesn't mean he can't be criticised and also that he should be in the job til he's wheeled out.

lowflyingseagul
14/11/2005, 6:21 PM
amen to that

BrayZil
15/11/2005, 9:42 AM
I thought Hannigan did well on Friday. He commanded his area well. Although he missed a couple of punches with corners, he's a very brave and committed keeper and I would like to see a bit more of him in the future. He has a lot of potential and I personally would start him ahead of Skippy any day.

Overall a great end to the season and I'm thrilled for Ryaner. He does get a bit of stick from people! Fair Play!

As for the Bohs fans - bloody disgrace once again! I just hope that they get handed a massive fine!

superfrank
15/11/2005, 10:30 AM
It was great to see Ryaner's celebration! He almost eat the badge he was so chuffed!

Grasshopper 99
15/11/2005, 6:00 PM
It was great to see Ryaner's celebration! He almost eat the badge he was so chuffed!

Was great to see all right and by the look of it he was making his way over to the shed, until tha players nabed him

Stevo Da Gull
16/11/2005, 10:01 PM
Was great to see all right and by the look of it he was making his way over to the shed, until tha players nabed him

They did'nt show his full celebrations. He made it over to the shed in the end, you could have tied a ball and chain around him and he still would have made it over, pure raw emotion and passion! Was delighted for him, twas pure ecstacy (not the drug tut-tut:D ). :) :ball:

Grasshopper 99
17/11/2005, 5:13 PM
They did'nt show his full celebrations. He made it over to the shed in the end, you could have tied a ball and chain around him and he still would have made it over, pure raw emotion and passion! Was delighted for him, twas pure ecstacy (not the drug tut-tut:D ). :) :ball:

As was i delighted, he loves it when he scores, always trys to come over to us, he is a player who has always appricated the support.

Stevo Da Gull
10/12/2005, 3:23 PM
Does anyone know if Ryaners goal + celebration are available anywhere for download? Or even anywhere I could get the whole match on video and make a copy?

;) t'was that good:ball:

Roo69
03/01/2006, 8:23 AM
Just looking at the Bohs site there and came accross the highlights for our 3-1 win, they even show when the lino got struck by there fans, worth a watch......... http://www.bohemians.ie/Goals.htm

Its the last of the 3 highlights