PDA

View Full Version : Bohs, Dundalk fined for supporter misdemeanours

A face
10/11/2005, 6:51 PM
Bohs, Dundalk fined for supporter misdemeanours

eircom League clubs Bohemians and Dundalk have been handed down fines of €500 for the improper conduct of their supporters during recent games.

Bohs supporters came to the attention of the league’s Disciplinary Commission after the Gypsies’ 3-1 victory over the Students at Belfield Park on October 28th last.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=19923)

Conor H
10/11/2005, 7:01 PM
What did the Dundalk supporter do?Any Dundalk fans know?

Réiteoir
10/11/2005, 7:05 PM

Both clubs were fined for not having any "proper" fans ;)

joeraki
10/11/2005, 7:37 PM

No idea. Maybe we where just randomly picked out of a hat in Merrion Sq. :rolleyes:

What did Bohs fans do ? Surely to god you couldn't get in much bother in Belfield

pineapple stu
10/11/2005, 8:33 PM
What did Bohs fans do ? Surely to god you couldn't get in much bother in Belfield
Apparently one till roll was thrown onto the pitch. By one Bohs fan. We've been fined too for inadequate stewarding. A thoroughly vague reason if ever there was one.

ndrog
10/11/2005, 10:00 PM
Dundalk got a fine because a fan broke in to oriel park and stole the pitch,leaving nothing but a bouncy castle in its place:D

Passive
11/11/2005, 10:01 AM
The FAI's corporate box at Old Trafford must be up for renewal. That's the only possible reason why they've suddenly begun fining clubs for every single thing that happens.

Dodge
11/11/2005, 10:19 AM
They'll be banning hoodies next...

John83
11/11/2005, 11:34 AM
Apparently one till roll was thrown onto the pitch. By one Bohs fan. We've been fined too for inadequate stewarding. A thoroughly vague reason if ever there was one.
You forget Kevin, that one of the officials received "abuse". God forbid that the referee or linesman get any stick at a football match.

harpskid
11/11/2005, 1:01 PM
Wasn't the ref spat on or something? :confused:

ThatGuy
11/11/2005, 1:36 PM
If Bohs are fined for a till-roll hitting an official then that is fair enough, but how exactly were UCD fined? What could they have done about it? Have till detectors at the gate? You could throw till roll onto the pitch in any stadium and nobody could stop you.

holidaysong
11/11/2005, 1:37 PM

Throwing fireworks on the pitch as far as I know.

pineapple stu
11/11/2005, 4:19 PM
Wasn't the ref spat on or something? :confused:
At Belfield? No - there was a till roll thrown and the lineswoman was sung at.

UCD's stewarding was "inadequate", presumably in that we didn't psychically predict that the Bohs fan was about to sing the nasty song or throw the till roll. Even though the quality of our stewards is in fact an issue for the crowd we hire them off (I thikn that's how it works?), not us. I don't think there are that many stewarding companies, so it's not as if you can shop around either.

John83
11/11/2005, 4:47 PM
At Belfield? No - there was a till roll thrown and the lineswoman was sung at.

UCD's stewarding was "inadequate", presumably in that we didn't psychically predict that the Bohs fan was about to sing the nasty song or throw the till roll. Even though the quality of our stewards is in fact an issue for the crowd we hire them off (I thikn that's how it works?), not us. I don't think there are that many stewarding companies, so it's not as if you can shop around either. Careful now, PS. You wouldn't want the FAI to read something controvercial, would you?

Bald Student
11/11/2005, 5:29 PM
Careful now, PS. You wouldn't want the FAI to read something controvercial, would you?What's controversial about saying that the stewards should be trained in mind reading (and possibly mind control?) techniques? This would solve the problem and I think it's sheer unprofessionalism on the part of the clubs that this simple, if physically impossible, measure has not yet been taken.

KR's Post
12/11/2005, 11:10 AM
Bohs fans were at it again in the Carlisle the other night! Till roll, ok there fine to throw on when you score, but coins and bottles AFAIK were also thrown on in the direction of Bray players and Assitant Referee! Ass Ref was actually hit with something aswell or by someone! Bohs fans, you guys should really learn! I'll give you credit for not jumping on the pitch this time, but you's were so close you's may have been on it!! Joxer Kelly really showed how to behave by first diving and trying to con the ref(my mate TUITE) and then spitting in a Bray players face. Scum!

pete
14/11/2005, 9:05 AM
If Bohs & Dundalk are getting fines for these minor incidents what will happen Shels from last friday?

Kids ran onto the pitch during the game at 2 separate occasions & no effort made by stewards to catchb them or throw out of the ground. Standard tolka pitch invasion at the end of the match with kids laughably taunting 1500 city fans... all on live tv.

:rolleyes:

Colm
14/11/2005, 9:51 AM
If Bohs & Dundalk are getting fines for these minor incidents what will happen Shels from last friday?

Kids ran onto the pitch during the game at 2 separate occasions & no effort made by stewards to catchb them or throw out of the ground. Standard tolka pitch invasion at the end of the match with kids laughably taunting 1500 city fans... all on live tv.

:rolleyes:

I think the FAI may have done an Arsene Wenger and not seen it!

One rule for Shels.........

sfc red
14/11/2005, 11:15 AM
FFS, where do you start with Cork bitterness?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mark Breen
14/11/2005, 11:25 AM
For once this thread was actually stayin on the point (Dundalk & Bohs) up untill those idiots from cork had there say on the matter, you are all so obsessed with shels down there that you can't stay on topic, there is enough threads on shels as it is on this board, alternativly go onto the corkcityfc.ie duiscussion board i'm sure there's another 100 thread or so on us,

Get over us will ye,

Student Mullet
17/11/2005, 12:50 AM
I thought it was ironic that only a week after fining UCD for having inadequate stewarding the eL hosted the U21s' final with about three or four hundred people in attendance and only had one (yes one) security man present.

pineapple stu
17/11/2005, 12:41 PM
And those till rolls sitting right at the tunnel would tempt the most refined of fans...

John83
17/11/2005, 8:51 PM
And those till rolls sitting right at the tunnel would tempt the most refined of fans... Oh, I don't know Kev. The steward 100 yards away, down by the dugouts, might have seen you pick them up. Doubtless he had you under careful observation for the remainder of the match. Through his invisible, slightly psychic telescope.