PDA

View Full Version : Under 21 Final

Breifne
10/11/2005, 4:26 PM
Just to let you all know the Under-21 league Final takes place next tuesday evening in Tolka Park at 7:45pm.

So thats

Shelbourne V U.C.D.
Tolka Park, Tuesday 15th November, 7:45pm

barry 7
14/11/2005, 6:01 PM
Just to let you all know the Under-21 league Final takes place next tuesday evening in Tolka Park at 7:45pm.

So thats

Shelbourne V U.C.D.
Tolka Park, Tuesday 15th November, 7:45pm
Who are the match officials

HarpoJoyce
14/11/2005, 8:22 PM
Who are the match officials

I'm not sure, but I believe that the Doc will be watching over everybody at the ground.

The FAI gave Cork City more credit than they deserved by stating that it took extra time for UCD to beat them in the quarters.

http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=324773&Title=Shelbourne+ready+for+UCD+clash+in+Under+21+L eague+final&lid=Main+News&sub=Shelbourne+ready+for+UCD+clash+in+Under+21+Lea gue+final&navlid=&sublid=

littlebray
15/11/2005, 11:42 AM
Referee: Richie Winter

Assistants: Mark Douglas, Hilda McDermott

Fourth Official: Damien Kilpatrick

sligoman
15/11/2005, 11:41 PM
Hilda McDermottAh feck!:mad: :D.
-----------------------------------------------------
First half goals from Conan Byrne and Ronan Finn ensured UCD retained the
eircom League Under-21 title at Tolka Park.

Byrne latched on to Brian Gannon's pass to turn well and fire home the opener after six minutes.

Finn added a superb second on 24 minutes, playing a sublime one-two with Byrne before drilling the ball home.

Shels defender Daniel Ennis headed home Brian King's corner to pull a goal back on 74 minutes, but UCD, whose Seamus Long hit the bar in stoppage-time, were worthy winners.

Shelbourne 1-2 UCD--------RES
Ennis 74--------Byrne 6
----------------Finn 24

CollegeTillIDie
16/11/2005, 8:11 AM
Shelbourne's Brian King... son of Noel guys....

Dr. Tony O'Neill Trophy Under 21 League winners 2005!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIE-ENDS!
We won it last year and in the old format in 1997/98 and came second in 1999/2000. Not bad for a club that some people believe shouldn't be in the EL.

drummerboy
16/11/2005, 10:08 AM
Pete Mahon has unearthed a real gem in Ronan Finn. He made his debut against longford as a sub last weekend, but still only 17 he is going to have a great career. Scored a great goal last night.

Mark Breen
16/11/2005, 10:50 AM
Fair play UCD you deserved it from what i've been told,

One thing of note: most if not all U.C.D's players are on scholarship's so they may as well be full time,

Poor Student
16/11/2005, 1:47 PM
Pete Mahon has unearthed a real gem in Ronan Finn. He made his debut against longford as a sub last weekend, but still only 17 he is going to have a great career. Scored a great goal last night.

He looks like he has potential alright. Might be ideal replacement for Gary Dicker if he moves on.

drummerboy
16/11/2005, 2:12 PM
His 2 brothers played for Drums against UCD in the FAI cup last season. He used to train regularly with Drums, when only 15, and used to mesmerise his older siblings. Hopes he goes all the way.

Troy.McClure
16/11/2005, 3:05 PM
I was massively impressed with Finn last night. Fully deserved his MOTM award and got a great goal. He should be a star in the future if he keeps it up.

Schumi
16/11/2005, 3:30 PM
Pete Mahon has unearthed a real gem in Ronan Finn.Definitely. Had a great game and a lovely goal. He did well against Bohs in the semi too.

HuRya
16/11/2005, 4:30 PM
congrats to UCD- it would have been an injustice if they had't won it.. have been the best team in the competition for the last couple of years.. cork, however, were always changing their side for each game to accomodate Rico in the EL. we'll see if that was worth it come Friday night!

Roo69
17/11/2005, 3:17 PM
congrats to UCD- it would have been an injustice if they had't won it.. have been the best team in the competition for the last couple of years.. cork, however, were always changing their side for each game to accomodate Rico in the EL. we'll see if that was worth it come Friday night!

South Dublin Section is by far the tougest section in the U21's. UCD, Bray and Pats are 3 of the top 21 sides in the country. Well UCD winning the League and with us winning the cup kinda proves my point.