PDA

View Full Version : Calendar

pete
19/06/2001, 3:03 PM
Been messing around (in a good way) with the calendar & its fairly good. Is there anyway you could have say a link @ the top of the main page for "todays event" or "upcoming events"? Maybe not stuff like birthdays but things like UEFA draws (just added) etc....

Could also be used for match result updates but you've probably something else planned for that?

dahamsta
19/06/2001, 4:27 PM
Been messing around (in a good way) with the calendar & its fairly good. Is there anyway you could have say a link @ the top of the main page for "todays event" or "upcoming events"? Maybe not stuff like birthdays but things like UEFA draws (just added) etc.... Could also be used for match result updates but you've probably something else planned for that?

There's a few features on the forums I'm not sure to do with at the moment, but I do know that they'll be changed drastically in the coming months. For example, the forum membership will be used across the entire site, and so will the groups system. I think the Calender will probably disappear, to be replaced with my own cusom-built calender, which will include all that you mentioned above.

Most stuff will be automatically generated anyway. For example, upcoming games will just be pulled from the fixtures list, which will be stored in the database. Results will probably be handled by Neil if he's still up for it, who'll just enter the results into the database; which will then generate leage tables and the like. Match reports will be added by anyone who wants to, and linked automatically to recent games, as will reports in the popular press.

It should all start to take shape soon, as I'm nearly done with the core code for the site. The code is modular, so all I'll have to do when I have something new is just drop it into a modules directory, and it'll start working immediately. I'll be releasing the first module in the next couple of days, news aggregation, followed by the fixtures, and then the articles and features database.

After that I'll be adding the results code, then the match reports code, and then the club, player and staff databases. We'll probably have another meeting sometime to go over the schedule.

adam

pete
19/06/2001, 4:44 PM
Yeah match reports could be fairly kool with possibly a "man of the match" type vote (for those at the game) or maybe a "rate the report"?

Looking forward to the results (nasty pun!!) of the auto generated tables etc... ;)

Neil
21/06/2001, 5:54 AM
Results will probably be handled by Neil if he's still up for it

Yep, Still up for it!