PDA

View Full Version : eL managers teams of the year

pete
10/11/2005, 2:57 PM
PFAI (http://www.pfai.ie/index.php?mod=one&id=14555&PHPSESSID=0b9653db418923dfc2765dfdf9786db1)

Premier Team of the Season
Michael Devine (Cork City)
Owen Heary (Shelbourne)
Peter Hutton (Derry City)
Dan Murray (Cork City)
Danny Murphy (Cork City)
Joe Gamble (Cork City)
George O’Callaghan (Cork City)
Pat McCourt (Derry City)
Liam Kearney (Cork City)
Jason Byrne (Shelbourne)
Mark Farren (Derry City)

First Division Team of the Season
John O’Hara (Sligo Rovers)
Ger O’Brien (Kildare County)
Michael McNamara (Sligo Rovers)
Aidan Price (Kilkenny City)
Kupono Low (Sligo Rovers)
Robbie Collins (Dublin City)
Tommy Barrett (Limerick)
Fahrudin (Faz) Kuduzovic (Sligo Rovers)
Conor O’Grady (Sligo Rovers)
Kieran O’Reilly (Cobh Ramblers)
Ger McCarthy (Dundalk)

Hard to argue with Premier division team.

bambi
10/11/2005, 3:11 PM
Gareth McGlynn can count himself unlucky imo. I think he's better than Kearney and has been for the season.

pete
10/11/2005, 3:13 PM
Gareth McGlynn can count himself unlucky imo. I think he's better than Kearney and has been for the season.

I think Kearney is lucky as his performances haven't been great in last month. I'd say his european performances got him votes.

sfc red
10/11/2005, 3:15 PM
No Ndo or Hoolahan??? :confused:

Dodge
10/11/2005, 3:22 PM
No Ndo or Hoolahan??? :confused:
Only teams challenging for honours ever get nominated bar one or two outstanding players (and a lack of alternatives). Ndo didn't even start Shels season...

Oh and John Frosis better than Murphy and has performed consistently brilliant for both Waterford and ourselves. But Murphy was always going to get the nod.

Conor H
10/11/2005, 3:26 PM
Can't believe Mixie didn't get a sniff.
Ya that's bull!

sligoman
10/11/2005, 3:28 PM
First Division Team of the Season
John O’Hara (Sligo Rovers)
Ger O’Brien (Kildare County)
Michael McNamara (Sligo Rovers)
Aidan Price (Kilkenny City)
Kupono Low (Sligo Rovers)
Robbie Collins (Dublin City)
Tommy Barrett (Limerick)
Fahrudin (Faz) Kuduzovic (Sligo Rovers)
Conor O’Grady (Sligo Rovers)
Kieran O’Reilly (Cobh Ramblers)
Ger McCarthy (Dundalk)

Hard to argue with Premier division team.Cant really argue with the First Division team either:D. Although, I dont know about Ger O'Brien in it:confused:

Block G Raptor
10/11/2005, 3:32 PM
thought Joxer kelly and the Gaffer might have been in the running

Jaime
10/11/2005, 3:37 PM
thought Joxer kelly and the Gaffer might have been in the running

Kelly has only provided moments of class rather than solid consistent performances.
Farrelly? :eek: The less said about him since his injury, the better. :rolleyes:

Block G Raptor
10/11/2005, 4:17 PM
dont know jaime its deffo been farrelly's best season so far for us
he has shown some real class
as for joxer he has been consistantly determined (and on that point so has dessie byrne how could i forget he's looked like he'd die for the shirt all season ) any way back to joxer everytime he gets the ball he tries to create and more often than not he delivers quality and top that off with some real moments of magic and i I think you've got a deffo star player

Troy.McClure
10/11/2005, 5:09 PM
Kinda surprised that Hoolihan got in there to be honest. He was injured for a good bit & hasnt been at his best really (usually he's one of the best players in the league, but not this season IMO). I cant understand why Horgan isnt in there, he's quiet and consistant in a Dennis Irwin sort of way.

Rory H
10/11/2005, 5:16 PM
Cant really argue with the First Division team either:D. Although, I dont know about Ger O'Brien in it:confused:

raf?you fool

sligoman
10/11/2005, 5:59 PM
raf?you foolThanks:D. I know Raf should be in it but I'm just happy with having five players in it, that's all;)

A face
10/11/2005, 6:49 PM
It would have been interesting to see who is on the bench aswell !!

Slash/ED
10/11/2005, 10:49 PM
Ger McCarthy (Dundalk)

Good God, an indictment on the quality of the first division if ever there was.

Lim till i die
11/11/2005, 7:50 AM

Thought he was a bit of a strange one myself ourselves in the form of Robbie Kelleher and Sligo both had better strikers. Overall though, yes the First Division was largely muck this year :o

holidaysong
11/11/2005, 1:29 PM

Ger McCarthy is the second highest goalscorer in the First Division this season with 12 goals and he has been great for us. I hope to god we can keep him for next season.

bigmac
11/11/2005, 2:15 PM
Oh and John Frost is better than Murphy and has performed consistently brilliant for both Waterford and ourselves. But Murphy was always going to get the nod.

Frosty was muck for a lot of the season with us, just looked uninterested. Needed a kick up the arse and the transfer gave him that. Quality player though.

Roo69
11/11/2005, 3:00 PM
If Zayed had of stayed with us for the season i reckon he would have been in with a real shout

Speranza
11/11/2005, 5:37 PM
Obviously every fan will shout for their own team but barry Molloy should have walked onto that team.

Killian brennan is a much more consistant preformer than Pat McCourt

Risteard
12/11/2005, 12:08 AM
I though this was the pfai awards.

Dodge
12/11/2005, 12:33 AM
Frosty was muck for a lot of the season with us, just looked uninterested. Needed a kick up the arse and the transfer gave him that. Quality player though.
Obviously only basing it on the little bits I seen of him there... Thats the problem wth these things really... Good fun though

sullanefc
12/11/2005, 12:20 PM
I would have had Neal Horgan in there a lot quicker than Danny Murphy. I know they play on opposite sides. But Danny gives the ball away too much. Devine and Gamble were certainties. These two will be contending for the Cork City player of the season for sure!!

patsh
12/11/2005, 12:49 PM
If Zayed had of stayed with us for the season i reckon he would have been in with a real shout His ambitions lie in the Norwegian second division...:rolleyes: :D