PDA

View Full Version : Pfai Nominees For Player Of The Year 2005

A face
10/11/2005, 1:56 PM
Awards Nominees Announced

The nominees and the Teams of the Season for the PFAI Awards were announced today in Dublin. Shelbourne striker Jason Byrne is going for a hat-trick of wins as he is once again nominated in the Premier Division category. All winners will be announced at the Awards Banquet on Sunday 27th November in the Burlington Hotel, Dublin. Tickets are available from the PFAI office at 01 8743732.

PFAI ANNOUNCE NOMINEES FOR PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2005

Today the Professional Footballers’ Association of Ireland announced the nominees for the PFAI Awards for season 2005. The four categories are Players’ Player of the Year, Young Player of the Year, First Division Player of the Year and for the first time the PFAI will also announce the Referee of the Year as voted for by the eircom League players.

Read more at www.pfai.ie (http://www.pfai.ie/index.php?mod=one&id=14555&PHPSESSID=0b9653db418923dfc2765dfdf9786db1)

ThatGuy
10/11/2005, 2:05 PM
I'd say that O'Callaghan is making space on his mantlepiece as we speak.

Block G Raptor
10/11/2005, 3:37 PM
Can't believe Joxer Kelly is not even nominated for YPOTY:eek: :eek:
scandalous!!!!;)

Conor H
10/11/2005, 3:41 PM
Gough and Kelly for best Ref's.:eek: :mad:

Vitruvian Man
10/11/2005, 4:20 PM
I certainly wouldn't be arguing for any Bohs players to make the team of the season but I can't believe that JP Kelly hasn't been nominated for Young Player of the Year.

Best break-out talent in the league this year and Ireland U19 captain too. Surely he's worth getting on the list even if McCourt would be favourite to win the award.

Slash/ED
10/11/2005, 4:54 PM
How on earth is Hoolahan not mentioned? And it's not bias, comparing him to Jason Byrne alone who is on that list and Hoolahan has had, BY FAR, the better season and has been Shels best player all year by a distance.

Troy.McClure
10/11/2005, 5:04 PM
You know as well as I do that the top scorer is ALWAYS going to be on the shortlist at least, even if they all go in off his bum while he's picking his nose, they'll put him down anyway.

The Stars
10/11/2005, 6:09 PM
Duddy for best ref.

razor
10/11/2005, 8:03 PM
Roy O'Donovan deserves a place in the young player, even ahead of Kearney in my opinion.
Hoggie must be wondering what more can he do, ever present in the best defence in the country. Is Heary a shoe in for right back every year?

ThatGuy
10/11/2005, 9:05 PM
in my biased opinion John-Paul Kelly is the best young player I have seen in the Eircom League and is a fool to be playing here.

pete
11/11/2005, 10:08 AM
in my biased opinion John-Paul Kelly is the best young player I have seen in the Eircom League and is a fool to be playing here.

He is very hit & miss, great one week & then gets sent off for stupidity the other week.

Strange that McDonnell is in PFAI player of the year nominees but not in managers team of the year.

John83
11/11/2005, 10:11 AM
Strange that McDonnell is in PFAI player of the year nominees but not in managers team of the year. *Cough* PFAI committee
Stuart Byrne (Shelbourne)

Tom Conway (PFAI)
Clive Delaney (Derry City)
Fran Gavin (PFAI)
Colin Hawkins (Shelbourne)
Stuart Holt (Bray Wanderers)
Aidan Lynch (Dublin City)
Tony McDonnell (UCD)
Stephen McGuinness (Dundalk)
Tony O’Connor (ex- Bohemian FC )
Terry Palmer (Bohemian FC)
Trevor Vaughan (Dublin City)

*cough*

Not that Tony doesn't deserve it (he can be a real one-man team at times for UCD), but I imagine he's more likely to get a nod from guys he knows. :) Palmer, Lynch and Delaney are all ex-UCD too.

pete
11/11/2005, 10:47 AM
Interestingly when the PFAI produce their pre season freebie mag with i think the Star or Mirror they always put in PFAI committee members in the probable lineouts even if means putting a defender in as forward...

:eek:

Peadar
11/11/2005, 10:58 AM
PFAI committee

Interesting the way that commitee is predominantly Dublin based.

John83
11/11/2005, 11:31 AM
Interesting the way that commitee is predominantly Dublin based.
Yeah, it's shocking, expecially when you consider that there are no Dublin clubs in the league at all. :rolleyes:

In my experience, committees tend to draw the most members from near where they hold their meetings. I'll hazard a guess here that the PFAI committee meet in Dublin. Of couse, that's probably a shock to you too, because everyone knows it's easier for everyone to get to Cork.