PDA

View Full Version : Three mobile phone company

drummerboy
10/11/2005, 8:45 AM
Thinking of upgrading my phone which is O2. Just seen an ad in free newspaper advertising the new mobile phone provider “three”. Has anyone used these, what is the service like, reception – coverage ect. Can you carry over your old 086 number with you. Any advice much appreciated.

ollie
10/11/2005, 9:43 AM
i remember hearing somewhere(mite have been in this forum) that they were rubbish in the UK but haven't heard anything yet about 3 in Ireland.

drummerboy
10/11/2005, 9:48 AM
Logged on to their website www.three.ie It seems ok. Basic €25 monthly package and you can keep own number but just worried about the coverage, reception ect. thanks

pete
10/11/2005, 10:51 AM
i remember hearing somewhere(mite have been in this forum) that they were rubbish in the UK but haven't heard anything yet about 3 in Ireland.

I've hear their coverage & handsets are sh!te in the UK - they keep bring prices down to attract business. Their prices seem competitive here but not much use if phone doesn't work. I think 95% of the their coverage is non-3G too.

Drumcondra Red
10/11/2005, 6:36 PM
Fella in work got one, says its fine in Dublin, no problem at all, problem is he lives in Naas, where the aul' coverage aint that great!!! Good plans though, he went for the highest one and gets 600 free minutes a month :eek: Nice Nokia handset too!

Green Tribe
10/11/2005, 11:20 PM
my flatmate over herehas one, sh1t cheap, but craaap. really bad signal even in glasgow city sometimes, signal comes and goes. their customer service is based in glasgow too and i know someone who went to work there, said they constantly get complaints....