PDA

View Full Version : Next seasons fixtures?

Cosmo
10/11/2005, 8:36 AM
What way does it work?

If you play a team away twice this season, do you play them twice at home next season? (and vice vearsa).

Or is it just the luck of the draw?

Mark Breen
10/11/2005, 9:52 AM
That used to be the way they did it, but it was never in the same order

You just never know with the FAI though, sure they don't even know the structure of the league for next year yet (i don't think)

mypost
10/11/2005, 5:19 PM
If you play a team away twice this season, do you play them twice at home next season? (and vice vearsa).

Or is it just the luck of the draw?

Both.

Assuming that we stick with the current, (and successful) fixture set-up, about 2/3rds of this season's fixtures will be reversed, but not in the same order. However, a fixture list cannot be compiled until the licence issues have been sorted, so it is really all about the luck of the draw.

NY Hoop
11/11/2005, 10:21 AM
Fixtures will be reversed next season. That's what you get for having this stupid system. An example would be having 2 away games in a row:rolleyes:

KOH

thomas
11/11/2005, 10:48 AM
The make up of the division will only be known when club licenses are finished. If teams entitled to play in the premier division don't get a premier of Uefa license they wont be allowed in the premier division.

NY Hoop
11/11/2005, 10:50 AM
Look at last year. Believe when I see it:rolleyes:

KOH

shedite
11/11/2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah it's a rubbish systems alright. Imagine the difference this season if we had to go to Derry a second time rather than playing them at home :eek:

garykelly
11/11/2005, 11:46 AM
The make up of the division will only be known when club licenses are finished. If teams entitled to play in the premier division don't get a premier of Uefa license they wont be allowed in the premier division.

As if they'll exclude anyone from the league becuase of licensing. it's only something they have to be seen to do. dont enforce it really. :rolleyes:

mypost
11/11/2005, 12:12 PM
Look at last year.

The fixtures this year or the set-up used, bear no relation to last year's in any way.

An example would be having 2 away games in a row

Well if we go down, we will have to play teams 4 times next season, with the 2 away games against everyone. You'll be happy then. :rolleyes:

As if they'll exclude anyone from the league becuase of licensing.

The point made was that, there can be no fixture list until the licences have been granted.

NY Hoop
11/11/2005, 1:22 PM
The fixtures this year or the set-up used, bear no relation to last year's in any way.

Well if we go down, we will have to play teams 4 times next season, with the 2 away games against everyone. You'll be happy then. :rolleyes:

The point made was that, there can be no fixture list until the licences have been granted.

I was referring to the licensing by responding to thomas' post. Try to keep up. I'll be happy with relegation?:rolleyes:

The current system is stupid.

Try reading my last post and for further reference garykelly's.

KOH