PDA

View Full Version : Fitzpatrick joinging Drogs

wintz
09/11/2005, 9:52 PM
The Linfield manager tonight spoke about his failed attempt to sign Glen Fitzpatrick, money wasn't the problem more so the travelling. Drogheda is his new home.

Not sure how Drogheda can confirm this as I didn't think he could of spoken to them before his contract expired? unless Shels allowed him to.

Disappointed from a Linfield aspect...

Mr A
09/11/2005, 10:07 PM
Players can talk to any other club in the last 6 months of their contract, I'd guess he must be out of contract this year.

wintz
09/11/2005, 10:30 PM
Players can talk to any other club in the last 6 months of their contract, I'd guess he must be out of contract this year.
I thought the 6 months only worked for clubs outside the players current clubs country. I may be wrong

Student Mullet
09/11/2005, 10:39 PM
I thought the 6 months only worked for clubs outside the players current clubs country. I may be wrongIt would be ironic for Shels to raise and complaints though.

EnDai
09/11/2005, 10:39 PM
I thought the 6 months only worked for clubs outside the players current clubs country. I may be wrong
Without wanting to get into politics etc, if that rule you state is true, then Linfield would have been playing in a different organisations league and ergo the rule would apply?

And, IIRC, in the final 3 months you are free to talk to any clubs.

MrJoeSoap
09/11/2005, 10:44 PM
Hope he gets a few minutes on Friday if this is the case, Shels fans have a lot of time for the guy.

Mr A
09/11/2005, 10:57 PM
As far as I know you can talk to any club in those last 6 months, although it rarely happens that soon.

garykelly
10/11/2005, 8:29 AM
As far as I know you can talk to any club in those last 6 months, although it rarely happens that soon.

Yeah this is the rule. When your contract has 6 months left on it you can talk to any club you want. regardless of what country they are from.

drummerboy
10/11/2005, 8:33 AM
I really think Glen got a raw deal from Shels in the last season or so. He was magnificent in the title winning season, being the perfrect foil for Jason Byrne and weighting in with plenty of goals. Who will ever forget his two goals in Lansdowne against Lille.

Mark Breen
10/11/2005, 9:56 AM
The rule is if he is over 23 he can talk to any club in any league either after xmas or if its a summer league then its 6 months,

If he is under 23 then he can talk to any club outside his country but none in the same country as him

NI is a diff. country to teh rep. of Ireland, but it wouldn't have made a diff because he is 23 or 24

pete
10/11/2005, 11:15 AM
If he is under 23 then he can talk to any club outside his country but none in the same country as him

So Shels can't talk to certain City winger then?

EnDai
10/11/2005, 12:07 PM
The rule is if he is over 23 he can talk to any club in any league either after xmas or if its a summer league then its 6 months,

NI is a diff. country to teh rep. of Ireland, but it wouldn't have made a diff because he is 23 or 24
Isn't it that you can't talk to them IF you've been offered a new contract by your current club? IF you haven't been offered a new contract you can talk?

EnDai
10/11/2005, 12:07 PM
Speculation from down south is all that is.

Slash/ED
10/11/2005, 4:57 PM

Hopefully not.

Disappointed but expected to see him go really. Even if Drogheda weren't allowed talk to him Shels wouldn't stand in his way and let him talk to them anyway I'm sure.

wintz
10/11/2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah this is the rule. When your contract has 6 months left on it you can talk to any club you want. regardless of what country they are from.
cheers for that...

diamond
11/11/2005, 12:34 PM
shels might have a soft spot for him but drogs i spoken to not too amused. is he the type of striker who will get you 20+ goals in a season? already too many strikers at clib who dont score goals. top scorer not in double figures.(i think)
never been impressed when i've seen him
can anyone give me his record over last 3 seasons?

EnDai
11/11/2005, 1:21 PM
He'll create 20+ goals a season, but need someone else to finish them off, tho he can put them away nicely too.