PDA

View Full Version : Galway United Vs Limerick Fc

GalwayFrancis
09/11/2005, 9:21 PM
How many of ye are coming up on friday. there should a good attendance, im hearing that alot of fair-weather fans are going. should be good - i predict a win by two goals to galway... any views?

fc hammer
10/11/2005, 7:38 AM
Should be at least three of us going to the game.. One nil to the blues !

Lim till i die
10/11/2005, 8:42 AM
Shouldn't quite be a Galway 500 :p

Myself, Gael and I believe SLK are travelling to watch our by now traditional Terryland stuffing :o

sadloserkid
10/11/2005, 12:12 PM
I am unlikely to make the kick off though as I have to get a bus after work. In fact I'm quite likely to miss most of the first half... at best :eek: I'll probably arrive just in time to see the third goal fly in! :p

Conor H
10/11/2005, 12:14 PM
Ya should be a good crowd alright....pity yee won't match the 500 yee brought last time:D .
4-1 Galway.

sadloserkid
10/11/2005, 12:15 PM
pity yee won't match the 500 yee brought last time:D .
4-1 Galway.

Let's hope that you manage 500 yourselves this time! ;)

Conor H
11/11/2005, 10:29 PM
4-1 Galway.
Wasn't too far off!!:D :D

gael353
12/11/2005, 1:28 PM
It was a total shambles which saw us slip further down the table and we have now conceaded the second most goals in the division.

Noel Mooney was injured and should not have started. His kickouts were poor cos of this and stayed static for several shots rating 4/10
Eoin Keating got burned so many times it wasnt true 3/10
Paul Tobin (copy paste Eoin Keating) 3/10
Brian Buckley, did well against Lavine but had too much to do 4/10
Paul Finnucane, Again too much to do, no pace 5/10 cos the galway fans rate him highly
Liam Costello. Did well but was always going to be subtituted as he was only there to be the sacraficial lamb. 4/10
Tommy Barrett took some time to settle but then imposed himself well. Tactical subs made by galway rendered him useless 4/10. That word again..Tactic!
John McGrath played well just like Barrett but again overrun in midfield could have done with some help but as we had only one sub :rolleyes: 4/10
Brian Donnellen. Ran like an asthmatic ant heading home with some rather heavy shopping nice guy brian could have seen red for a punch...again. 2/10
Chris Jones, give the boy his credit given a chance he scores two fine goals. No service in the second half 5/10
Paul Rose did well in the opening half hour but being injured (why was he playing) should have been subtituted early in second half. 5/10
Sub used Anthony Wolfe..Why like? What was the point? limited defender playing on the right wing? Our left side donnellen/Tobin being totally nuked and he does the obvious. 2/10 did he actually touch the ball in the 35 mins he was on?

Other individuals who were kind enough to make the trip to fill a place known as our subs bench were the fit,sub keeper John Healy, Star under 21 striker/winger Dave Ryan, Star under 21 midfied mystro Ger Bourke and under 21 center half Tomas Clarke. Anyone else at the game with a view to our "tactics" :rolleyes: feel free to comment.

sadloserkid
13/11/2005, 12:51 PM
I still can't understand why Limerick (not your faults) let McCarthy and Fyffe (one of my all time favourite goalkeepers) leave ye, I hope things get better at Limerick soon, and they sort out there chairman or w/e, btw was that Paul Rose on loan from St.Pats?

Derek McCarthy was a huge loss to us this year. He was our leading scorer when he was sent to Waterford. From midfield. He didn't often get 90 minutes either. Noel O'Connor dropped the ball there and allowed personal issues to get in the way of what was best for Limerick.

Jimmy Fyffe was more complicated. Also one of my favourite keepers, when Fyffe's head was in the right place he was better than any keeper currently playing in thgis division. Bar none. Regardless of rights and wrongs and questions like how commited was he to playing I don't think that the club tried hard enough to keep him. I wonder if he suffered for being last years captain and considered a Kerley man? Noel Mooney, after a woeful first few games, has proven himself to be a good keeper overall for us this season but I still feel that an in form Jimmy Fyffe would have made a difference for us this year. The club are much less culpable on this one though.

And Paul Rose is now a Limerick player AFAIK? He did come from St.Pats though.

HuRya
15/11/2005, 8:54 AM
It was a total shambles which saw us slip further down the table and we have now conceaded the second most goals in the division.

Noel Mooney was injured and should not have started. His kickouts were poor cos of this and stayed static for several shots rating 4/10
Eoin Keating got burned so many times it wasnt true 3/10
Paul Tobin (copy paste Eoin Keating) 3/10
Brian Buckley, did well against Lavine but had too much to do 4/10
Paul Finnucane, Again too much to do, no pace 5/10 cos the galway fans rate him highly
Liam Costello. Did well but was always going to be subtituted as he was only there to be the sacraficial lamb. 4/10
Tommy Barrett took some time to settle but then imposed himself well. Tactical subs made by galway rendered him useless 4/10. That word again..Tactic!
John McGrath played well just like Barrett but again overrun in midfield could have done with some help but as we had only one sub :rolleyes: 4/10
Brian Donnellen. Ran like an asthmatic ant heading home with some rather heavy shopping nice guy brian could have seen red for a punch...again. 2/10
Chris Jones, give the boy his credit given a chance he scores two fine goals. No service in the second half 5/10
Paul Rose did well in the opening half hour but being injured (why was he playing) should have been subtituted early in second half. 5/10
Sub used Anthony Wolfe..Why like? What was the point? limited defender playing on the right wing? Our left side donnellen/Tobin being totally nuked and he does the obvious. 2/10 did he actually touch the ball in the 35 mins he was on?

Other individuals who were kind enough to make the trip to fill a place known as our subs bench were the fit,sub keeper John Healy, Star under 21 striker/winger Dave Ryan, Star under 21 midfied mystro Ger Bourke and under 21 center half Tomas Clarke. Anyone else at the game with a view to our "tactics" :rolleyes: feel free to comment.

all Limerick's players were also fined a week's wages for their second half display

declan hide
15/11/2005, 9:50 AM
i'd fine NOC a seasons wages in that case.

Lim till i die
17/11/2005, 7:58 AM
i'd fine NOC a seasons wages in that case.

:eek: :D