PDA

View Full Version : City v Derry - Sold Out

michaelguineys
09/11/2005, 4:53 PM
Hope ye got yer tickets coz the game is officially SOLD OUT!!!
Does anyone know when last (if ever?) an Eircom League game was sold out more than a week before it takes place??
Gonna be some game. I cant wait.
City for the double!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pete
09/11/2005, 4:58 PM
I don't know if officially sold out yet but was announced yesterday that almost sold out.

Risteard
09/11/2005, 5:00 PM
Good to hear but i think it might mean we might be saying hello to MrTouty McTouterson.
Hopefully the cops will confiscate their tickets and just hand them to City fans like the last Derry match.:D

Risteard
09/11/2005, 5:02 PM
It is Pete.
Signs up at the Cross.
All the other outlets were sold out yesterday.
Was a big queue outside the clubshop going onto the road at 8.50 this morning.
Blockbuster stuff.

michaelguineys
09/11/2005, 5:04 PM
Cant wait!!!! I only hope that all the true fans have gotten their tickets at this stage.
Somehow i doubt it tho

pete
09/11/2005, 5:05 PM
Already hearing stories of true fans losing out.
Mine were supposed to be collected today so waiting nervously if got them.

michaelguineys
09/11/2005, 5:07 PM
I paid for mine by credit card only yesterday.
i hope to god they are there!!!

1 9 2 8
09/11/2005, 5:40 PM
How many tickets were allocated to Derry City supporters?

Galwayexile
09/11/2005, 5:43 PM
whens the match on? Hope cork do it and win the league now

Speranza
09/11/2005, 5:43 PM
We are getting approx. 500 tickets which will almost certainly be distributed among the members. I know loads of people travelling without a ticket though.

Drumcondra Red
09/11/2005, 5:56 PM
Away section will have to be kept back, a certain percentage of the overall number has to go to away fans!

p.s. I don't give a phuck, Derry will win the league, and should this not be in the Cork forum??? One rule for us, another for you corkies???

A face
09/11/2005, 6:37 PM
Thread moved into Cork section.

patsh
10/11/2005, 7:58 AM
p.s. I don't give a phuck, ???
If you don't give a "phuck", why the whinging also-ran?

ollie
10/11/2005, 8:16 AM
Already hearing stories of true fans losing out.

they've been on sale for quite a while now so they don't have any excuse.harsh but true.

jofyisgod
10/11/2005, 8:58 AM
This is amazing lads, although there are lads on the Official Forum left ticketless atm. It's gonna be insane...:D

Risteard
10/11/2005, 9:01 AM
they've been on sale for quite a while now so they don't have any excuse.harsh but true.
Well i robbed Mammys purse yesterday when i heard they were nearly gone.
I would have had an excuse : No money.
All these away trips are expensive.
To be honest, i'd say there's about a hundred tickets left over for players and staff to distribute so if you're known, ya might have a bit of luck

ollie
10/11/2005, 9:28 AM
Well i robbed Mammys purse yesterday when i heard they were nearly gone.

:eek: shame on you!

pete
10/11/2005, 10:32 AM
Mine were collected yesterday.

I still think there will be some tickets "released" on the day as ground can safely take a good bit more than official capacity.

You would think the League/FAI would be using this for promotion - i know the capacity doesn't compare with other sports but sold out signs this soon is rare in Ireland.

crc
10/11/2005, 10:39 AM
I have my ticket and I can't wait. The Cup SF was magic (even if the result was disapointing), but the 18th should be an absolute cracker. Hopefully the pitch will be in good condition 'cos both sides can play good football.

8 days away, game sold out, can't concentrate on anything else.

rayfinkle
10/11/2005, 12:22 PM
Yes, I would agree with you Pete, the eircom league, the FAI should market friday week with lots of tv, radio ads, etc., etc.

It's been along long time since a league of ireland game has been sold out over a week in advance......someone in those 2 organisations (probably not the best way to describe the above mentioned two!!) should stand up and deliver.....is this not what they want??? Yet despite their cries of competing with other codes, etc., now is the time...let's use it!

ccfcgirl
10/11/2005, 5:09 PM
Hopfully the club can print up some extra tickets .I have my ticket .Cant wait for this game .

A face
10/11/2005, 6:19 PM
Yes, I would agree with you Pete, the eircom league, the FAI should market friday week with lots of tv, radio ads, etc., etc.

It's been along long time since a league of ireland game has been sold out over a week in advance......someone in those 2 organisations (probably not the best way to describe the above mentioned two!!) should stand up and deliver.....is this not what they want??? Yet despite their cries of competing with other codes, etc., now is the time...let's use it!

Maybe we should be asking them what is planned ??

info@fai.ie

yan
10/11/2005, 6:47 PM
lads,

anyone with a spare?? i wonder if i go up to lennox with every stub from every home game and 6-7 away games i was at including shels tomorrow nite would he get me a ticket! :( :(

cant f***in believe it! was going to get it at the weekend! id swap my cup final ticket for it now!

A face
10/11/2005, 6:58 PM
lads,

anyone with a spare?? i wonder if i go up to lennox with every stub from every home game and 6-7 away games i was at including shels tomorrow nite would he get me a ticket! :( :(

cant f***in believe it! was going to get it at the weekend! id swap my cup final ticket for it now!

The only thing you can do now is be on the ball ... make sure people know you are looking for one .... and get there early on the day aswell.

Peadar
11/11/2005, 8:35 AM
Maybe we should be asking them what is planned ??

info@fai.ie

Why would you be asking the FAI about an eircom League game?

A face
12/11/2005, 2:52 PM
Why would you be asking the FAI about an eircom League game?

Posted in the wrong thread ... was on about the Cup Final.

Ooopps !!

pete
14/11/2005, 9:10 AM
Posted in the wrong thread ... was on about the Cup Final.

Ooopps !!

Thats ok just don't do it again ;)

A face
14/11/2005, 10:55 AM
Thats ok just don't do it again ;)

....... :D

yan
14/11/2005, 4:32 PM
The only thing you can do now is be on the ball ... make sure people know you are looking for one .... and get there early on the day aswell.

cheers