PDA

View Full Version : First Division (Play offs)

Pages : [1] 2

Eire06
09/11/2005, 2:07 PM
Don't think anyone is going to knock Sligo off the top spot but who will get that second spot?
with 4 teams able to get to the play off position who will make it?

There's
Dublin on 53pts Who have to play Monaghan and Athlone
Cobh on 54ptc who have to play Dundalk and Galway
Galway on 49ptsto play Limerick and Cobh
and
Kilkenny on 49pts to play Kildare and Sligo

For Galway the have to win both matches and both Dublin and Cobh to loose both matches and Kilkenny not to win one of there’s.
Kilkenny have to win both matches and have both Dublin and Cobh to loose both matches.

Dublin look like has the easiest run with playing the two bottom of the league teams but with the total inconsistency of every team in the first division this year who knows what will happen

sligoman
09/11/2005, 2:10 PM
who knows what will happen
Dublin City will get it. They'll play Shams in the play-off and Shams will win, therefore only one team will get promoted this season, us:)

The Stars
09/11/2005, 2:43 PM
thats not what youre signature suggests sligoman

sligoman
09/11/2005, 2:44 PM
thats not what youre signature suggests sligomanI know, I wrote that signature at the end of last season so at least I'm gonna be half right;)

Eire06
09/11/2005, 2:47 PM
Dublin City will get it. They'll play Shams in the play-off and Shams will win, therefore only one team will get promoted this season, us:)

Enjoy the Premier Division while it lasts cause you'll be back down again after the season:D
I would have thought that Sligo would prefer a team to go up with ye!!

Bar Galway I'd like Cobh to get up..

sligoman
09/11/2005, 2:51 PM
I would have thought that Sligo would prefer a team to go up with ye!!It doesn't really bother me but I'd prefer to see Cobh come up and Shams to go down but I'd prefer to see Shams stay up instead of Dub City going up. Anyway, what I said above is what I think will happen not what I want to happen

Conor H
09/11/2005, 2:53 PM
Were going up...end of.:cool:

sligoman
09/11/2005, 2:54 PM
We were going up...end of.:cool:Ye were going up? So yer not anymore is that what yer saying?:confused:

Conor H
09/11/2005, 2:56 PM
Ye were going up? So yer not anymore is that what yer saying?:confused:
Edited.

finlma
09/11/2005, 2:57 PM
If it wasn't for the first half of the season we'd be going up as Champions - took a while to bed in the new manager and players.
We'll go up next season.

sligoman
09/11/2005, 2:58 PM
Edited.Oh ok then, please allow me to laugh at your edited post then,:D :D :rolleyes:.

Conor H
09/11/2005, 3:13 PM
It was "we were" instead of we're.This coming from the man..."Galway are big bullies picking on Kids":rolleyes: .

Roverstillidie
09/11/2005, 3:17 PM
yet another thread dissappears into irrelevence

sligoman
09/11/2005, 3:17 PM
yet another thread dissappears into irrelevenceNo shock there:(

crc
09/11/2005, 3:23 PM
It was "we were" instead of were.
I presume you mean we're (with an apostrophe). :rolleyes: (as a contraction of "we are")

I'd much rather Cobh in the playoff than Dublin City, and then I'd much rather see Cobh beat Shamrock Rovers than anything else (bearing in mind that Rovers can still climb out).

Worst case scenario is Waterford fall back into the playoff and get beaten by CHF.

finlma
09/11/2005, 3:25 PM
No shock there:(

You were the one to start it by correcting someone's grammar. We knew what he was trying to say.

sligoman
09/11/2005, 3:27 PM
You were the one to start it by correcting someone's grammar. We knew what he was trying to say.Actually that's not what started it, when I said that, I wasn't sure if he meant they were going to get promoted or weather he meant they could have got promoted but weren't now so dont accuse me of anything when you dont know what I'm on about;)

Schumi
09/11/2005, 3:29 PM
Sweet Jesus, nobody cares!!

Can the usually overactive mods here split and bin the rubbish please?

Eire06
09/11/2005, 3:35 PM
Come on Conor keep it on Course Son !!!! This is a thread on the Playoffs
you take note of that yourself and Sligoman too!!

I think the way the League has been going lately it could easily go to any of the four teams yes Dublin have the easiest run in on paper and they have just beat cobh 3-0.. And Galway have the hardest job having to win all their matches, dub and cobh to loose all their matches and kilkenny not to win one match! but it could happen:o

sligoman
09/11/2005, 3:38 PM
you take note of that yourself and Sligoman too!!Well if your accusing me of trolling then you may aswell look at your post, number 5, the first sentence of it could be seen as trolling, just as you see mine as trolling too.:mad:

Schumi
09/11/2005, 3:39 PM
Sweet Jesus, nobody cares!!Just to repeat for the slow witted!

sligoman
09/11/2005, 3:42 PM
Just to repeat for the slow witted!I'm just proving a point Schumi. Eire accused me of not sticking to the point so I'm just showing her she didn't either;)

EDIT: Where are all the mods in this anyway? Most of the posts in here should have been dumped long ago.

Schumi
09/11/2005, 3:45 PM
I'm just proving a point Schumi. Eire accused me of not sticking to the point so I'm just showing her she didn't either;)Don't make me quote myself again!

On the original topic (remember that!): I think I want CHF to get into the play-off for the amusement value of the Roddy factor if they're playing Rovers. The premier team will win the the play-off easily so it won't matter much who they're playing from that point of view.

Eire06
09/11/2005, 3:49 PM
Well if your accusing me of trolling then you may aswell look at your post, number 5, the first sentence of it could be seen as trolling, just as you see mine as trolling too.:mad:
I wasn't refering to trolling I was refering to you going off topic messing about with your petty squabbles.. And I don't think my post was trolling there was a smilie at the end of it to show it was ment in jest and it was on topic!!

No get back to talking about who's gona get up the the premier division next year..

I'd like to have Rovers down to us next season and can't wait for the trips up to Ballybofey..
That's if we don't go up of course :D

Everyone seems to think only one team is going up... I wouldn't be underestimating any of the four teams in the running, none of them is going to lie down and let it slip away from them too easy

sligoman
09/11/2005, 3:51 PM
Don't make me quote myself again!Quote yourself again if you want, it doesn't matter to me. You said nobody cares well I did so your wrong straight away.

Anyway, Eire hasn't denied that she was trolling so I'm ok now. I'm finished with it;)

sligoman
09/11/2005, 3:53 PM
I wasn't refering to trolling I was refering to you going off topic messing about with your petty squabbles.. And I don't think my post was trolling there was a smilie at the end of it to show it was ment in jest and it was on topic!!

No get back to talking about who's gona get up the the premier division next year..

I'd like to have Rovers down to us next season and can't wait for the trips up to Ballybofey..
That's if we don't go up of course :DOk, whatever, forget it all.

I still think it's gonna be Dublin Vs. Shams in the play-off with Shams staying up;)

feo123
09/11/2005, 4:04 PM
I think cobh will get 2 points, dublin 4 points, galway 4 points and kilkenny 1 point from the remaining games! which means i think Dublin will get it by about 1 point! then Shams will shade the play-off.

shedhead
09/11/2005, 5:24 PM
Love to see shams go down and cobh come up

Roverstillidie
09/11/2005, 5:27 PM
who are 'shams'?

we'll do waterford on friday, so if its Rovers you are referring to, dream on.

sligoman
09/11/2005, 5:30 PM
who are 'shams'?

we'll do waterford on friday, so if its Rovers you are referring to, dream on.Are you trying to turn this thread back into sh!te like it was earlier?:confused:

Galwayexile
09/11/2005, 5:36 PM
Hope Galway do it but i cant see it happening. We left it too late.Only for a few bad results we would be coasting this league.

Shamrock rovers if they finish second from bottum should be too stronge for the likes of cobh or dublin city.

joema
09/11/2005, 5:44 PM
If it wasn't for the first half of the season we'd be going up as Champions - took a while to bed in the new manager and players.
We'll go up next season.

Definitly, and we are also the only team in the division to have beaten every other team in the league. We are better off not going up this year and if we can hold onto Scully, which I think we will we,ll win it next year.

sligoman
09/11/2005, 6:07 PM
Have to say the 4-1 and 2-0 nil we beat ye we were extreamely lucky, blessed !! :rolleyes:RT, stop fcuking trolling. We're all fed up of this sh!te between Galway and Sligo, please dont start it again:mad:

Conor H
09/11/2005, 6:27 PM
RT, stop fcuking trolling. We're all fed up of this sh!te between Galway and Sligo, please dont start it again:mad:
Fair play Sligoman.Rogue Trader You had a dig twice at us yesterday and i said just leave it.You're doing the same now and even Sligoman(felllow SRFC supporter) is telling ya to stop.Any chance you get you have a go at Galway...your without doubt the worst on both sides for trying to start a row.Yere promoted now so off with yee....yee don't have to bother with us anymore.
BTW we all know yee bet us 4-1:rolleyes:
Back to the thread:If we don't go up this year we will definitely win the league next year and IMO our main rivals for the title will be....Kilkenny(if scully stays)Dundalk and Limerick.

Galwayexile
09/11/2005, 6:35 PM
wasnt talking about the sligo games, ye beat us fair and square.
I was just thinking more on the lines of monagan and kilkenny who we lost to.
Sorry!!!

sadloserkid
09/11/2005, 7:10 PM
IMO our main rivals for the title will be.... Kilkenny(if scully stays)Dundalk and Limerick.

You serious? Dundalk are a mess at the moment if the stories are to be believed and there's a worry in our camp that our soap opera existence could continue to run and run on the field even if there's another fragile hope that the off-field mishaps are about finished with for now.

As for this season, I think that Kilkenny and Galway can be more or less ruled out. Which leaves Cobh and Dublin City... I have a horrible feeling that Ramblers will hold onto it. They should lose the play-off after a gutsy effort but strange things can happen in this game...

Aaaargh, so many conflicting emotions...

Wanna see Roddy Collins dragged down into the much and hopefully suffocated by his own rage/smugness.

Wanna see Cobh blow it (apologies to Ramblers fans but old habits die hard).

Don't wanna see Robbie Shiels anywhere near the Premier Division which rules out Dublin City...

Not overly keen on Galway United either (possibly cos I've always quite liked Sligo Rovers as far as opposition go).

My heart then says Sligo to win with Kilkenny beating Shamrock Rovers in the playoff final.

My head still sees Sligo holding on but with Shamrock Rovers beating Cobh in the final. Should Waterford get dragged back into the mire though I think they'd be more beatable for a First Division side.

Battery Rover
09/11/2005, 7:17 PM
Would like to see Cobh going up.

Wont it be great though with all the money spent by some teams in the First Division this season if the league reverts to 22 next year.

Battery Rover
09/11/2005, 8:41 PM
There is no cahnce of that now come on !

Apparently it is well favoured within the league committee. An equal starting point will be needed for whatever part of the Genisis report is implemented the season after next.

sligoman
09/11/2005, 9:13 PM
Your accusing me of Trolling why ? Because i said they were not Lucky not to beat us in them games ! Such S***E Your the biggest trolling wally in here jeez so that was not you giving all on the silly Rovers Thread last night. Giving it to the Cork CIty lads. This is not the first time you have attacked one of your own !Explain please?:confused:

and what I said in the Rovers fans thread was not trolling ffs, cop on to yourself!

sligoman
09/11/2005, 9:28 PM
I have not got a warning yet and i think this set up does not deserve one !You haven't got one from this thread yet no, but you have been banned for trolling in Galway's forum before.

As far as I'm concerned you were trolling, dont care weather you accept it or not, but I'm finished with it now. If you still have a problem with it then PM me and I'll continue it there;)

Bald Student
09/11/2005, 9:38 PM
My prediction at the start of the season was for Dublin City vs Shamrock Rovers and I'm sticking to that.

Winner gets into the premier, looser gets The Rod.

Rory H
10/11/2005, 9:24 AM
so ill try to get it back

i think cobh will get it,dublin city are way too inconsistent..whichever one it is though,they will lose

galway and kilkenny:rolleyes: it actually wouldnt suprise me...this division is weird...but it wont happen lads ...sorry

i dont think ye will win it next season either...i think dundalk and kilkenny top2...ye will sack lally 3/4 way through the season and then go up the following season:D

dublinred
10/11/2005, 9:57 AM
Would like to see Cobh get it but reckon it will be Dublin City , regarding next seasons first division anyone can win it , we lost 17 games last season and ended up Champions this season Sean Connor deserves some award for this turnaround.

Conor H
10/11/2005, 12:08 PM
so ill try to get it back

i think cobh will get it,dublin city are way too inconsistent..whichever one it is though,they will lose

galway and kilkenny:rolleyes: it actually wouldnt suprise me...this division is weird...but it wont happen lads ...sorry

i dont think ye will win it next season either...i think dundalk and kilkenny top2...ye will sack lally 3/4 way through the season and then go up the following season:D
Said it before i'll say it again WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE NEXT YEAR!

sligoman
10/11/2005, 1:29 PM
1. Finn Harps,
2. Kilkenny City(if they hold onto Scully),
3. Limerick,
4. Dundalk
5. Galway United

sligoman
10/11/2005, 3:01 PM
This is funny.You've an odd sense of humour then:p

sligoman
10/11/2005, 3:12 PM
Some might say i have a Sligo sence of humour :pOh yeah, cos that was really funny alright:rolleyes:

Conor H
10/11/2005, 3:30 PM
Agreed, We need to take a risk like Sligo did and that has payed of for them.
Have to disagree KickR.I think that's a stupid approach...fair play it worked for Sligo but if they go down next year the will be in serious trouble.Us however have a more cautios approach and won't be spending any big amounts of money...proper order.If we did and failed it would be a disaster.From the names ive heard that might be on the way we will win the league next year and won't be spending any great amount of money.:) As i said ive hust heard these names that Lally was in talks with and i don't know anything defenite.

galwaygirl
10/11/2005, 4:31 PM
What do you mean that has not payed off for them ? :confused:
Ah for god sake will ya give over all this messing and try and stay on the topic the thread was started about.

Don't think anyone is going to knock Sligo off the top spot but who will get that second spot?

I know we have a very slim chance in still getting it, but i cant see it happening (i'm still praying i'll be proved wrong though:D )

I think it's goin to be Dublin City for 2nd place and can't see them beating 2nd last in the Premier, whether it be Shamrock Rovers or Waterford.

Conor H
10/11/2005, 5:29 PM
Please answer my question and refrain from the abuse please !
Oh my god....what the **** are you on!Read the post FFS!!:rolleyes: