PDA

View Full Version : RTE in Boston???

Burny89
09/11/2005, 1:46 PM
Anybody know where in Boston or what bars show RTE, on Nantucket at the minute out by Cape Cod and need a bar to catch Derry/cork next week! anybody got anyhelp, cheers boys!!!

blutil
09/11/2005, 3:43 PM
best bet is to type the zip code in here

http://www.setanta.com/content/setanta/na/cms.nsf/systemcontent/venuefinder

and ring the pubs, the net doesnt always have the latest games they are showing especially not eL games.

dcfc_1928
09/11/2005, 5:51 PM
Most bars in the USA use Setanta for their Irish sports coverage.

I don't think there would be any bars showing RTE.

blutil
09/11/2005, 6:43 PM
Most bars in the USA use Setanta for their Irish sports coverage.

I don't think there would be any bars showing RTE.

setanta take in RTE coverage though. and they dont always tell you what they're showing, watched the Italy and France games in the US and neither were advertised to be on setanta we just had to ring around

Burny89
09/11/2005, 6:52 PM
Called a few places and they said they ain't sure, one guy said to call back on friday and he'll find out from the setanta rep! Problem with setanta is they have different packages available over here, the Irish bar on island doesn't even show International matches cause the douchbag bought the wrong package! Irish Bars on Cape Cod said they don't get the eL cause it costs about 3 grand a year and they don't have the demand for it! They said you would be able to get it in Boston, still a pain in the ass cause its about 3 hours away, considering i got an hour trip to get of this rock!
Thanks for the help, all appreciated!

Soko
09/11/2005, 7:34 PM
Head out Brighton way and some bar should have it or else try the Kinvara in Allston.

Metrostars
09/11/2005, 11:39 PM
Theres a place I went to one time in Yarmouth to watch Ireland-Swiss game for euro 2004.
I really dont think they show EL at all on Setanta over here. Go to their website and try to email them. They wont ever get back to you though, based on previous experience.

Soko
10/11/2005, 12:15 AM
Theres a place I went to one time in Yarmouth to watch Ireland-Swiss game for euro 2004.
I really dont think they show EL at all on Setanta over here. Go to their website and try to email them. They wont ever get back to you though, based on previous experience.

All the bars will show that as they have Setanta. As I said try the bars in Brighton as thats the biggest Irish area but I doubt you'll get it.

Burny89
10/11/2005, 1:34 PM
Thanks guys i'll keep working on it and hopefully i get somewhere!
actually heard that Quincy or Dorchester is the most likely options, a few guys from the island actually go up there to watch the International matches!

onenilgameover
21/09/2007, 12:53 AM
Story....I'm thinking about moving over to Boston and I'm not sure I wanna mess around trying to find pubs and sort out web sites to watch Irish Sport in the US long term. Does anyone know of any way either decoder/reciever that will allow you to get Irish Channels/Uk Channels? :)

Ozymandias
21/09/2007, 10:59 AM
Anybody know where in Boston or what bars show RTE, on Nantucket at the minute out by Cape Cod and need a bar to catch Derry/cork next week! anybody got anyhelp, cheers boys!!!

what a summer i had making sandwiches on nantucket...great spot...oh the memories..if you can't see the el matcjh I knoew you'll find something else or someone to do

GuisaSaigon
21/09/2007, 11:05 AM
Try Bad Abbots in Quincy http://www.badabbots.com/ or The Banshee in Dorchester :eek:http://www.nafcsc.com/clubs/boston.shtml . It's about 6 years since I lived there but nowhere showed LOI then. Most irish pubs only showed GAA and Celtic Games on Setanta.

DiscoPants
21/09/2007, 12:24 PM
The Kells bar in Allston should have it on. Some of the bars in Brighton usually show them, can't remember the names now.

razor
21/09/2007, 1:02 PM
Some of the bars in Brighton usually show them, can't remember the names now.Green Briar?

dcfcsteve
21/09/2007, 1:43 PM
Story....I'm thinking about moving over to Boston and I'm not sure I wanna mess around trying to find pubs and sort out web sites to watch Irish Sport in the US long term. Does anyone know of any way either decoder/reciever that will allow you to get Irish Channels/Uk Channels? :)

Take an Irish Sky card, box and dish over with you (though check first that the earth's curvature won't impede the signal).

Assuming it is physically possible to receive Sky over there, there'll be business who will install Sky for you unofficially - albeit at an inflated cost.

Battery Rover
21/09/2007, 3:18 PM
Take an Irish Sky card, box and dish over with you (though check first that the earth's curvature won't impede the signal).

Assuming it is physically possible to receive Sky over there, there'll be business who will install Sky for you unofficially - albeit at an inflated cost.

Not possible due to the satelite beams being directed at European areas along with the earths curvature not allowing sight of the satelites on the Clarke belt in the european skys.

Their might be news feeds being sent across the atlantic for the stations over there via satellite so a PC and a skystar 2 satelite card might be an option to view these and these allow viewing of MPEG 4.2.2 streams which is what a lot of feeds are shown in.

Anymore info go to the website :ball:www.alsat.co.uk:ball: and they might know something on their forum. You need to register to view the info about feeds and satellite information.

Louth4sam
22/09/2007, 12:23 PM
The Kells bar in Allston should have it on. Some of the bars in Brighton usually show them, can't remember the names now.

Don't think the kells shows matches but not sure as i was only in it in the evening time. The kinvara does though. You could try the green briar in brighton which is about 20minutes walk from the kinvara. Not sure if any of those show eircom league but all have setanta.

Burny89
23/09/2007, 1:51 PM
jesus, this got pulled from the history pages, quite coincidental that we also play Cork this week

GuisaSaigon
24/09/2007, 12:16 AM
jesus, this got pulled from the history pages, quite coincidental that we also play Cork this week
haha I never noticed first post was in 2005:D

Paddyfield
24/09/2007, 10:09 PM
Green Briar?

Ask them for a Sour Apple from their cocktail menu. It's lethal. :D

DiscoPants
30/09/2007, 3:42 PM
Ask them for a Sour Apple from their cocktail menu. It's lethal. :D

Green Briar! that's the pub I was trying to remember down in Brighton!