PDA

View Full Version : Trust Travel: Kilkenny Saturday 9th Nov 05

garykelly
09/11/2005, 1:42 PM
Following a meeting of the supporters trust last night, it has been decided to try and get numbers to run a bus to Kilkenny.

This bus will need to be an overnight bus, as all trust members are unavailable to return to Sligo on the same night. The bus has to have a person on it in charge of the group as no bus company or driver will take responsibilty for passengers.

The cost would be €25. Departure time is 11am sharp from The Showgrounds. So if anyone is interested in the bus to Kilkenny, bearing in mind this would be an overnight excursion, then you can email info@thebitored.org , PM me or contact 086-1700687.

If someone volunteers to help run the bus, then the bus could return to Sligo after the match.

Everyone must sort out their own accomodation.
If there was enough numbers to run a full bus there and back the same night, then we'll do our best to ensure a bus goes.

sligoman
09/11/2005, 2:00 PM
So if it is overnight, has the trust sorted out accomodation(if so, how much:confused: ) or is it up to everyone to sort themselves out?:confused:

garykelly
09/11/2005, 2:13 PM
everyone would have to sort themselves out really. It would be a logistical nightmare for the trust to book accomodation for everyone.

sligoman
09/11/2005, 2:15 PM
everyone would have to sort themselves out really. It would be a logistical nightmare for the trust to book accomodation for everyone.Ok, fair enough. I'll try and go and get someone else to go too;)

Bravo
09/11/2005, 3:21 PM
when is the game on? I heard its Sunday.

sligoman
09/11/2005, 3:25 PM
when is the game on? I heard its Sunday.It's Saturday the 19th afaik

Conor H
09/11/2005, 3:25 PM
No all games are meant to be played at the same time...all on the Saturday.All premier games are on the Friday.

feo123
09/11/2005, 3:47 PM
11 is a bit early dont ya think.....its 4 hours to kilkenny and we'd be there at about 3! IMO it should leave at about 1 o'clock! then its just fine timing to arrive between 5 and 6. any chance of it being changed

sligoman
09/11/2005, 3:55 PM
11 is a bit early dont ya think.....its 4 hours to kilkenny and we'd be there at about 3! IMO it should leave at about 1 o'clock! then its just fine timing to arrive between 5 and 6. any chance of it being changedWith all the pis$ stops and possible wrong turns on the way we need to leave as early as possible:D. 11 is fine.

feo123
09/11/2005, 3:58 PM
ah its still too early! 1 O'oclock would be perfect. 4 hours there, put an extra 1/2 hour on to that for stops...4 1/2 hours....there at half 5....perfect!!

Rory H
09/11/2005, 4:52 PM
we'll get you cans feo,dont worry:)

pm gary re poster when its ready

im up for it and will post details of accomidation after a bit of research

feo123
14/11/2005, 8:25 PM
Is the bus still going? did ye get many names so far? I'd definately go but i have a cup match at 11 , and i cant decide whether to play or go on the bus! I'm tryin to arrange alternative transport but i'm struggling at present!

garykelly
15/11/2005, 10:52 PM
Due to a lack of interest in the bus, a bus wont run for the kilkenny game. seems alot of people are making their own way down. some as early as friday.

Next season, we hope to run alot more buses than this year to games. Most away games in the Prem will be on Friday nights. I hope everyone who travelled this season found it a useful service and enjoyed the trips, although at times patience was required ;)

cheers.