PDA

View Full Version : info for saturday

Rory H
09/11/2005, 10:38 AM
info for saturday including parking etc

apparently a large bird is invading the showgrounds["a large crow is expected saturday..ha ha:D ..unlucky paraic...dont change it!!]

also stewards are asked to attend a meeting thursday at 8.30 at the showgrounds..

"sligo rovers appeal to all supporters to refrain from encroaching the pitch.To do so could have serious consequences for the club,including fines"

not going to work is it:o

more info see www.sligorovers.com

feo123
09/11/2005, 11:09 AM
"sligo rovers appeal to all supporters to refrain from encroaching the pitch.To do so could have serious consequences for the club,including fines"
Fcuk that...i'm goin on no-matter what!!:D

Redzer
09/11/2005, 11:56 AM
I hear the cup will be presented ON the pitch, with some sort of special platform for the players to stand on. That way everyone all round the ground will have a perfect view. So there wont need to be a pitch invasion.

Rory H
09/11/2005, 12:18 PM
they couldnt do it in that area in the stand..it would be too dangerous

it has to be on the pitch

sligoman
09/11/2005, 1:00 PM
also stewards are asked to attend a meeting thursday at 8.30 at the showgrounds..They must have to meet to discuss stopping a pitch invasion:eek: :D

feo123
09/11/2005, 3:53 PM
They should put the platform in front of the shed!! in front of all of us who actually create an atmosphere!!

SligoBrewer
09/11/2005, 6:55 PM
i second that motion. Fcuk those sunshines in the stand!!

showgies
10/11/2005, 8:00 AM

Sunshines in the stand ?

The shed has been practically empty up til the Cobh game.....

nephin
10/11/2005, 8:39 AM

:rolleyes: Of course only the true die hard fans are in the shed.

nephin
10/11/2005, 8:46 AM
They should put the platform in front of the shed!! in front of all of us who actually create an atmosphere!!

Where was the great atmosphere when Rovers were going though bad times? The only home game that atmosphere this year was the St Pats game and that was because everybody in the place was singing.

jstuff
10/11/2005, 12:31 PM
So let me get this straight, those in the shed are the only ones allowed to wallow in the success of sligo rovers this season, because they are the only ones that created an atmosphere. When was this then?

I would say a maximum of 5-6 games this season the shed has been vocal and I am being very generous here.

On another point.
Just because somebody sits in the stand does not make them a sunshine supporter, at any home game this season there has been approx 900-1000 in the stand. So I don't see how you can call anybody sunshine that has been at all the games this season, which will be the majority of the stand this season. And I would say the attendance in the stand has been more consistent than the shed has been all season.

I personally have had experience of both dimensions of the showgrounds this season and have watched from all positions of the ground. There is no doubt that the main stand is the best place to watch football, as there are no obstacles in the way. This does not make me any better nor worse than the next person. Every fan is equal, as they all have the passion for the rovers and this was evident in spurts during the season.

Lets not get caught up in bickering over who is the better fans and lets concentrate on the celebration.

And if I may quote an succesful ex captain.
'we'll all go back to sligo and get steam boats'

Com'n the rovers.

feo123
10/11/2005, 5:34 PM
I didn't say that the people in the stand were sunshine supporters, did I?!
i'm just saying that they should be alot more vocal than they are! I was only messin when I said put it in front of the shed as that would be stupid...it should go in front of the tunnell! I'm sure that they will do a lap of honour anyway!! Can't wait now, its gonna be class!!

1 9 2 8
10/11/2005, 5:41 PM
But most of the people who only go to Rovers big games(sunshiners) normally sit in the stand:eek:

Mayo Red
10/11/2005, 10:00 PM

That's an awful big generalisation, there are a fair amount of bodies that have been sitting regularly in the main stand since well before the days of the cantilever stand with the nice red bucket seats!

This is everyone's night so lets all enjoy the occasion, and hope that Athlone have read the script beforehand!;)

red_all_rover
11/11/2005, 9:03 AM
And if I may quote an succesful ex captain.
'we'll all go back to sligo and get steam boats'

And what about
"dis ones for de fans cos dey stuck wit us thru tick and tin" :D

gustavo
11/11/2005, 10:02 AM
Same here been sitting in the Stand for 10 years !

kkontour
11/11/2005, 12:00 PM
Also,
how often have we heard 'Move to the end of the new stand as the first part is full', a lot me thinks. I am a Jinx Ave Stand Head myself, closer to the action.:p

Patrick Dunne
11/11/2005, 12:28 PM
sligo rovers appeal to all supporters to refrain from encroaching the pitch.To do so could have serious consequences

You could get a kick up the arse from Ollie :D

Terry
11/11/2005, 2:07 PM
Ha HA :D

Ya i hear he has gone into training for this one!!!

Will he be standing inside the barriers with some sort of karate kid stance !!:D

The Stars
11/11/2005, 2:27 PM
no he is going undercover as a shed head.