PDA

View Full Version : Shels Vs Cork on Friday

Buile Shuibhne
09/11/2005, 8:35 AM
We're getting a lot of enquiries about tickets / prices for Friday's match:

We don't use tickets - simply pay cash on entry at the stiles.

Adults: €15
Students €10
OAPs / Children €6

Colm
09/11/2005, 9:34 AM

Are you not obliged to produce tickets under UEFA licensing?

Peadar
09/11/2005, 9:55 AM

You'll get a ticket at the turnstile, like at Rovers on Monday, and Bohs the week before.

redgav
09/11/2005, 9:55 AM

ahh now Colm , you know those rules don't apply to THEM - those rules are for the rest of the country only

Tickets not being produced can be filed in the same folder as Nutsy and Bosco ignoring touchline bans and The author of this thread taking pictures of referee's official reports

redgav
09/11/2005, 10:00 AM
You'll get a ticket at the turnstile, like at Rovers on Monday, and Bohs the week before.

I got a ticket/ voucher at Rovers when I paid

kingcolers
09/11/2005, 10:02 AM
there's no fear of this being a sell-out is there?

patsh
09/11/2005, 10:03 AM

Adults: €15
Students €10
OAPs / Children €6
Of course you don't use tickets.....:rolleyes:

If I ask for a receipt, as I am entitled under law to do, will the people at the turnstiles be able to furnish me with one quickly, and not tell me to f*** off?

patsh
09/11/2005, 10:03 AM
there's no fear of this being a sell-out is there?
Not unless we bring 10,000 up.:p

Buile Shuibhne
09/11/2005, 10:31 AM
We meet UEFA Licence regs in that we have metered stiles. The meters on the stiles in Dalymount don't work - hence they have to issue tickets

redgav
09/11/2005, 10:59 AM
We meet UEFA Licence regs in that we have metered stiles. The meters on the stiles in Dalymount don't work - hence they have to issue tickets

these the same meters that record photo like images of referrees reports

patsh
09/11/2005, 11:26 AM
Tripe.

Do $hels have the facility to furnish me with the receipt I am legally entitled to?

Buile Shuibhne
09/11/2005, 12:40 PM
these the same meters that record photo like images of referrees reports

It was the match observers report issued to the club and I scanned it.

patsh
09/11/2005, 12:42 PM
It was the match observers report issued to the club and I scanned it.
And also censored what ever parts of it that suited you.

Do $hels have the facility to furnish me with the receipt I am legally entitled to?

Buile Shuibhne
09/11/2005, 12:43 PM
Tripe.

No

You're not entitled to one.

Take it up with the league if it bothers you that much

Hecko
09/11/2005, 12:48 PM
Fintan - If I was you I wouln't bother getting into all this!!!

Colm
09/11/2005, 12:49 PM
No

I'm almost certain that you have to provide any paying customer with a reciept (a ticket stub suffices) for any purchase anywhere if they so request it.

How about 2000 City fans request a reciept on Friday!;) :D

patsh
09/11/2005, 1:06 PM
No

As a matter of FACT, I am entitled to a receipt.
Seems like $hels don't feel they have to obey any laws, do they?

Buile Shuibhne
09/11/2005, 1:08 PM
Fine - let them stand outside arguing, while the match kicks-off if that's what they want.

This is a side issue, of little importance, compared to what's at stake on the pitch and in others games over the next 2 weekends.

I started this thread in respose to lots of enquiries we received about arrangements for next Friday's game.

The info is there now - Goodbye - see yiz on Friday.

patsh
09/11/2005, 1:30 PM
Fine - let them stand outside arguing, while the match kicks-off if that's what they want.

This is a side issue, of little importance, compared to what's at stake on the pitch and in others games over the next 2 weekends.

I started this thread in respose to lots of enquiries we received about arrangements for next Friday's game.

The info is there now - Goodbye - see yiz on Friday.
The game is of little importance to us, the Derry game is the one that matters.

Shelbourne Football Club should be able to provide a receipt/ticket/voucher to any paying punter who hands over their cash. It's a simple, straightforward requirement that EVERY business in the country must comply with.
But as usual, run away when you can't deal with a genuine query.
That's the $hels way, isn't it?

razor
09/11/2005, 1:33 PM
Receipts make unnecessary litter. Paper getting thrown about the place.
Although these (if we get them) might be worth framing.

pete
09/11/2005, 3:09 PM
Shels don't issue receipts as people would be using to get refunds for their Champions League 2005-2006 season games. :D

Besides State or UEFA Licencing tax laws don't apply to Shels either. Why do the FAI bail out Shels but not Rovers or Bohs?

Peadar
09/11/2005, 3:13 PM
Why do the FAI bail out Shels but not Rovers or Bohs?

Not a discussion for the Cork City forum nor is it something that City fans need to concern themselves with.

daveh
09/11/2005, 3:45 PM
Lads why has this thread turned into a discussion about receipts at tolka park?

Who gives a f**k!!!We could win the title on friday night so why arent we talkin about the actual match!!

Peadar
09/11/2005, 3:53 PM
We could win the title on friday night...

No we can't!
It's not possible.
There needs to be a negative result for Derry on Saturday following a positive result for us on Friday.

We can get a step close, but we can't win it.

Risteard
09/11/2005, 4:32 PM
Students €10
Thank you very much.

rayfinkle
09/11/2005, 6:24 PM
Following what could be a momentous night on friday, is the derry v. pats game on tv on sat, does anybody know?

derrymac
09/11/2005, 7:34 PM
Saturday November 12 RTÉ TWO 5pm kick off
Eircom League LIVE
Derry City v St Patrick's Athletic
Live from Brandywell, Derry will be looking for all three points as they chase their first league title since 1997.
Presented by George Hamilton with Felix Healy and Roddy Collins.
Commentators: Darragh Maloney and Pat Morley.

patsh
09/11/2005, 8:10 PM
Lads why has this thread turned into a discussion about receipts at tolka park?

Who gives a f**k!!!We could win the title on friday night so why arent we talkin about the actual match!!
This thread was about admission to Tolka on Friday night. $hels, AFAIK, are the only club in the league who take cash and issue NO record in the form of a receipt, ticket or voucher. Oily's biscuit tin is famous, no paper record of the transaction, so how do I know what is done with my money? Is it being used to evade tax in some way?
Thats IMPORTANT to me, as I am a citizen who is fully compliant with the laws of this state.

Cassidy comes on here giving out some old guff, but whan asked a straight question, about something which is my legal right as a consumer, he runs off to hide again. No wonder he can't get elected, with that kind of attitude.

redgav
09/11/2005, 9:30 PM
No wonder he can't get elected, with that kind of attitude.

:D haha class

pete
10/11/2005, 10:00 AM
Thats IMPORTANT to me, as I am a citizen who is fully compliant with the laws of this state.

Can you show us your tax compliant cert Pat? ;)

Hecko
10/11/2005, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=patsh]Thats IMPORTANT to me, as I am a citizen who is fully compliant with the laws of this state. QUOTE]

You should get out and live a little Patsh:D

A face
10/11/2005, 10:54 AM
Is it being used to evade tax in some way?

In Italy, you can actually get fines of 100,000 grand and/or they can shut down your business if you dont give a receipt. Have ot admit ... not giving one ... or at least refusing to give one when actually asked does sound a bit dodgy to be fair, as if they is something to hide.

Risteard
10/11/2005, 11:10 AM
Thought Patsh was talking crap for a while there but that turnstile ticker or whatever sounds very dodgy to me.
Perfect opportunity for the perfect suspect to be getting up to tricks, claiming low attendance etc. . .

But besides that lets concentrate on the match.
Could be the last match for ten years where we're not champions.;)

patsh
10/11/2005, 11:31 AM
Can you show us your tax compliant cert Pat? ;)
As a matter of fact, I can.
Can Oily show us a cert to verify that he/$hels are fully tax compliant I wonder?....:p

EnDai
10/11/2005, 12:03 PM
claiming low attendance etc. . .

You lot'd be the first to claim lies if we said we had more than 2000. Now we're faking the low attendances? Quality! ;) :)

A face
10/11/2005, 12:29 PM
Could be the last match for ten years where we're not champions.;)

It could very well be !!