PDA

View Full Version : Blues Consider Thursdays

Neil
07/05/2002, 1:13 PM
Waterford United are considering switching their home matches for the coming season from the traditional Friday night time to Thursday nights.

The Blues played 2 games last season on Thursday against Kilkenny City and Drogheda United, neither of which appeared to affect the attendance either positively or negatively. Should the Blues decide on this couse of action, they would join a growing number of clubs including Dundalk, Derry City and UCD who all played home games on Thursday nights last season.

[BTID (http://www.angelfire.com/blues/btid/)] - United fanzine

Éanna
07/05/2002, 2:26 PM
oh for fcuks sake. Thursdays! I think it looks crazy- you can't go on the beer and away fans can't travel. This shouldn't be allowed by the FAI.

Schumi
07/05/2002, 2:42 PM
Thursdays are a terrible night to play, whether you're home or away. The rush up to Dundalk and the scabbing of lifts home was a pain last year and the home games were $hit too.

A face
07/05/2002, 4:40 PM
no change in the two games that they played last year was because there probably was only a handful at any of the games Fridays included. But by having the games on Thursday is only ensuring that it stays that way. I agree .... the FAI should step in.

Also ...... Can someone tell me, what do the club have to gain by having the game on Thursdays, I know there is no change but what exactly is the advantage of having the games on a Thursday. If there is a sound reason then maybe i might change my opinion but until then it is stupid. What do players think of this aswell, it is hard enough butting in the hours as it is, i mean most clubs might train on a thurs and then players would be OK for work on a Friday and have the weekend for the game, instead of trying to cram it in on a Thursday night.