PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions for Cup Final

drinkfeckarse
08/11/2005, 3:07 PM
Cork trio to miss Cup decider

November 7, 2005

Cork City are set to be without three key players for next month’s FAI Carlsberg Cup final against Drogheda United after yellow cards picked up in Friday night’s Premier Division clash with Waterford United.

Central defender Alan Bennett, left back Danny Murphy and winger Roy O’Donovan are the players likely to be ruled out of the decider through one-match bans.

The trio were booked by referee Pat Whelan in the space of just three minutes before half-time at the RSC.

Cork boss Damien Richardson told the Evening Echo: “Alan Bennett’s booking was absolutely scandalous and he’s out of the Cup final. Danny Murphy and Roy O’Donovan are out too and I find that very hard to stomach.”

read more at www.eleven-a-side.com

Didn't realise this, those 3 will be a huge loss. I've never agreed with league bookings counting against you for cup games or vice-versa etc.

joeSoap
08/11/2005, 3:09 PM
Huge loss to Cork....should even things up on the field though....

ollie
08/11/2005, 3:32 PM
city are appealing the bennett yellow card by sending in video evidence of the incident according to the echo
thought it was a very very harsh yellow myself

Hecko
09/11/2005, 9:11 AM
Benno is a huge loss - especially as Dan has looked very shaky the past few weeks IMO.

patsh
09/11/2005, 10:05 AM
This mean we are looking at a bench allmost full of u-21 players.....Looking good for Drogheda...:(

pete
09/11/2005, 12:52 PM
Bennet booking was a disgrace - he was trying to free himself as Waterford player was grabbing his jersey. Other two bookings (especially Roys) were stupid heat of the moment local derby stuff.

City can still field team like:

Devine
Horgan Coughlan Murray Woods/O'Halloran
Gamble O'Brien/O'Halloran O'Callaghan Kearney
Fenn O'Flynn

Bench: McNulty, O'Brien/O'Halloran/Woods, Behan, Lordan, Softic, K Murray & 1 more U21.

drinkfeckarse
09/11/2005, 2:47 PM
City should still have too much for them even without the suspended trio....hopefully.

rayfinkle
09/11/2005, 6:28 PM
I believe city are appealing benno's card, can anyone confirm this?

pete
10/11/2005, 9:59 AM
I believe city are appealing benno's card, can anyone confirm this?

Yes that is true - letter & video evidence sent to the FAI. The club are not appealing other suspensions though.