PDA

View Full Version : Delaney

Pages : [1] 2

hoopy
08/11/2005, 6:09 AM
To all Waterford fans out there, I'm sure it must be a great comfort to you to know that every ref in the league is doing their best for John Delaney to keep Waterford up. How many decisions have gone against Harps and Rovers in the last few matches, more importantly how many decisions have gone for Waterford? Germany hasn't a patch on this mess

razor
08/11/2005, 8:04 AM
Well Mr Pat Whelan last Friday night was doing his best for sure.
He should hang his head in shame, a disgrace to the rulebook.
I have been watching LOI for nearly 20 years and I have never seen such an incompetent display from an official.
And that as many will know is saying something.

Wiseguy
08/11/2005, 8:43 AM
I fcuking convinced that some ref's have agenda's against certain clubs in this league and that the standard is worse than schoolboy level.

dcfc_legend9
08/11/2005, 9:07 AM
the ref who done the rovers and cork match last nite should have a look at his rule book again also some awful decisions

noby
08/11/2005, 9:10 AM
To all Waterford fans out there, I'm sure it must be a great comfort to you to know that every ref in the league is doing their best for John Delaney to keep Waterford up. How many decisions have gone against Harps and Rovers in the last few matches, more importantly how many decisions have gone for Waterford? Germany hasn't a patch on this mess
As long as you're not bitter...

Passive
08/11/2005, 9:22 AM
Hugo Whoresky was the ref at Rovers v Cork last night. Unbelievable. Never seen two softer red cards in my life. Normally I wouldn't go in for this conspiracy business, but I'm getting very suspicious at this stage.

mandrake
08/11/2005, 9:27 AM
conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theres been one for years to keep you lot in the league.
now that your down with the 'small teams', your talking conspiracy!!!
its called being a crap team !!!
we've been there before and will be there again, just live with it

Dodge
08/11/2005, 9:29 AM
Yeah right like John Delaney cares about Waterford... Refs are crap. Every team at the bottom thinks they're been done out of it. They're not. The refs are crap and the good teams get lucky...

thomas
08/11/2005, 9:47 AM
Its a little dubious that harps and rovers are being ripped off at the moment and waterford are getting peno's after 24 seconds.

Could it be any more obvious.

SRFC will be lodging formal complaints. They can't really screw us any more so what odds will it make.

Its a complete disgrace that clubs are getting their fingers out for the license but the standard of refereeing is not being improved in any way.

Some clunbs might even bring over their own referee assesors if this carrys on.

Dodge
08/11/2005, 10:05 AM
Seen the penalty last night. Look fairly definite to me.

Dodge
08/11/2005, 10:38 AM
So you're saying Rovers should have had more sent off and he stopped. Cork should lodged a protest ASAP!!!

tiktok
08/11/2005, 10:39 AM
Hugo Whoresky was the ref at Rovers v Cork last night. Unbelievable. Never seen two softer red cards in my life.

Agreed. He gave you nothing.
Then again, the linesman saved your bacon on a couple of occasions.

patsh
08/11/2005, 10:44 AM
The second red was a disgrace, don't understand why he gave it at all.
His complete ignorance of how the advantage rule should be applied is what stood out for me, and the linesman on the Jodi stand side was a joke.....

ollie
08/11/2005, 10:53 AM
Hugo Whoresky was the ref at Rovers v Cork last night. Unbelievable. Never seen two softer red cards in my life.

those decisions were unreal all right.couldn't stop laughing.shocking decisions:eek:

Roo69
08/11/2005, 10:55 AM

Em we beat ya fair and square last Friday week.............

EnDai
08/11/2005, 12:02 PM
I haven't seen it, but with both sets of fans agreed on how appauling he was, I can only sympathise with those on the receiving end. Fcuk the licencing, we need competent referees!!

Dodge
08/11/2005, 12:30 PM
THats the bottom line. Its not an anti Rovers thing and its more high profile now with 2 games to go BUT the refs have been appaling all season long and every single team has suffered

noby
08/11/2005, 12:39 PM
THats the bottom line. Its not an anti Rovers thing and its more high profile now with 2 games to go BUT the refs have been appaling all season long and every single team has suffered
Exactly. The Delaney/Waterford conspiracy theory is laughable. Everyone has suffered because of bad refereeing descisions this season

Mental Man
08/11/2005, 12:42 PM
In my years following the blues up and down the country and having seen some of the most weirdest decisions made by refs and their linesmen ,i personally have been quoted at meetings with supprters clubs etc.. giving out about the standard of referreeing in this country is diabolical.
It has turned games around completely and made good games go bad but to hear the crap that was spouted on this thread about John Delaney having a so-called word in the refs ear last night to make it hard for rovers and to shag them up for our up coming game on friday night beggars beyond belief.
The facts are and i saw the highlights of the game last night on EL weekly is that the sendings off were not justified in my opinion.
I think certain people on this site would want to go off and have a word with themselves for making the most stupid statements i have seen in recent times actually its bordering on paranoia.
In all fairness and no disrespect this years rovers team must be the worst rovers team i have seen in years and after what ye went through with McGuire and Co. and with the points deduction the league would be a poor league without Shamrock Rovers in it.
I personally have good friends in the 400 club and i am often on the phone to them regularally keeping in touch and they even offered to help us a few weeks ago when things looked bad for us and even came down to waterford here to talk to a few of us as well.
I have great times for Rovers more so than Cork city, all i can say is may the best team win on friday night and lads enough of this thing about refs' being paid off or words in their ear etc.. cos it makes ye look bad.

NY Hoop
08/11/2005, 1:27 PM
Agree Mental Man. Talk of conspiracies does my head in. Complete tosh ffs. Delaney was there last night with that moron "assessor" kelly but to suggest he had any influence on the result:rolleyes:

The refs are just incompetent little hitlers who are obviously missing something in their lives. Is there any coincidence that some of them are midgets who otherwise would be just ignored?! Witness McKeon saying to us last year: "Who the fcuk are Rovers and bohs, I get free trips to Europe"!

Hope the Blues fans travel in numbers friday. We'll be in the hut beforehand.

KOH

Dick Long
08/11/2005, 1:34 PM
No one mentioned that Waterford played an hour against Cork with only 10 men and even Danny Murphy was quoted in the Daily Mirror yesterday as saying the sending off was harsh.

WeAreRovers
08/11/2005, 2:11 PM
Spot on Mental Man. Delaney has as much love for Waterford as his fellow FAI blazer Kilcoyne has for us.

As Dodge pointed out the standard of refereeing affects all of us. It's just starker at this point in the season.

KOH

Roverstillidie
08/11/2005, 3:12 PM
theres been one for years to keep you lot in the league.

yeah the FAI have done soooooo much for us over the years.
allowing milltown to be sold without saying boo, appointing satan to the head of the FAI and making him honourary life president, taking 8 points off us in an attempt to relegate us when they had no power to despite the fact that we told them about the problem in the first place.

exactly what have the FAI supposed to have done for Rovers?

or are you just spouting sh.ite for the sake of it? :rolleyes:

razor
08/11/2005, 3:12 PM
No one mentioned that Waterford played an hour against Cork with only 10 men and even Danny Murphy was quoted in the Daily Mirror yesterday as saying the sending off was harsh.Thought the second yellow was a tad harsh myself though he did come through the back of the player. After that the ref lost total control of the game.
I mean any ref that is standing 10 yards away from a keeper who bounces the ball, it sticks in the mud and watches him pick it up again and kick it out of his hands and waves play on, cannot be worthy of reffing an U12 game never mind an EL game. Its ludicrous.

noby
08/11/2005, 3:27 PM
Thought the second yellow was a tad harsh myself though he did come through the back of the player. After that the ref lost total control of the game.
I mean any ref that is standing 10 yards away from a keeper who bounces the ball, it sticks in the mud and watches him pick it up again and kick it out of his hands and waves play on, cannot be worthy of reffing an U12 game never mind an EL game. Its ludicrous.
I have to agree with you on that one. I had to laugh really.

When he eventually did book him for time wasting (which was only a matter of time), it was when the keeper was waiting for the ball to be returned to the field after it went out for a goal kick. How could that constitute time wasting by the keeper? If anything the ballboy should have been booked.

Schumi
08/11/2005, 3:48 PM
The Derry keeper did the same against us in Belfield (without the mud!) and got away with it too. The refereeing standard in the league is pathetic.

bigmac
08/11/2005, 4:12 PM
Thought the second yellow was a tad harsh myself though he did come through the back of the player. After that the ref lost total control of the game.
Yeah, the whole of the stand around me was laughing at that one. Thought Rico was going to have a seizure trying to point it out.

Partizan
08/11/2005, 4:35 PM
Hope the Blues fans travel in numbers friday. We'll be in the hut beforehand.

KOH

I reckon there could be a few hundred up there. 2 full busses travelling up (already), people driving up plus the presense of Waterford ex-pats.

Where are ye all meeting before hand?

Roverstillidie
08/11/2005, 4:41 PM
Partizan, please tell me you didnt reply to a post saying "We'll be in the hut beforehand." with the question "Where are ye all meeting before hand?"....

that would have been silly :D

see you in the hut?

Partizan
08/11/2005, 4:42 PM
Where is this 'hut'? and what is it?

Roverstillidie
08/11/2005, 4:46 PM
Where is this 'hut'? and what is it?

the hut is a public house on doyles corner. you havent been to dalymount much, have you?

Mental Man
08/11/2005, 5:40 PM
I'd say by the time we hit dublin after been caught in the customary traffic jams it will be close to match time when we hit Dalymount and will be just in time to get flags banners ready.
Instead of The Hut , how about Leo Burdocks?:D

Roverstillidie
08/11/2005, 6:12 PM
I'd say by the time we hit dublin after been caught in the customary traffic jams it will be close to match time when we hit Dalymount and will be just in time to get flags banners ready.
Instead of The Hut , how about Leo Burdocks?:D

NOOOOOOO, we give enough money to the filth already, dont help fund them even more :mad:

Partizan
08/11/2005, 6:49 PM
the hut is a public house on doyles corner. you havent been to dalymount much, have you?

Well being a fan of Waterford for 20 years and you realise that we have spent most of that languishing in the First Division, so my exposure to Dayler has been extremely limited. Was there for the '86 Cup Final and didnt go back until 2003. Bit of a 'Home' bird really.

razor
08/11/2005, 9:01 PM
Seen the penalty last night. Look fairly definite to me.Waterfords penalty? You are joking. Surely?
Watched EL Weekly, re ran the incident and Dan Murray went to challenge the Waterford cheat but pulled his leg back and there was definitely no contact.

Dodge
08/11/2005, 10:00 PM
I disagree.

Roverstillidie
08/11/2005, 10:27 PM
Well being a fan of Waterford for 20 years and you realise that we have spent most of that languishing in the First Division, so my exposure to Dayler has been extremely limited. Was there for the '86 Cup Final and didnt go back until 2003. Bit of a 'Home' bird really.

well make yourself known and we'll christen you losing your hut virginity (that sounds very sinister in hindight)

grand spot, the rovers bar in the area as they the boyezzzz rif raf tend not to smell the place up.

razor
09/11/2005, 7:44 AM
I disagree.How did I know you'd say that.
Typical, taking Dolans side again. ;)

Peadar
09/11/2005, 9:04 AM
Yeah right like John Delaney cares about Waterford...

Was thinking the same thing myself. Someone in the FAI giving a toss about an eircom League club who don't reside in Tolka??? :confused: :eek: :D

Just with regard to the Rovers red cards against City, they can both be justified. If you watched the highlights you'd see that. I'm not saying that I wanted them to be sent off, but I can see why the referee made his decision.

If I was a Rovers fan, I'd be more worried about Roddy Collins' conspiracy against the club.

Philo
09/11/2005, 9:45 AM
If I was a Rovers fan, I'd be more worried about Roddy Collins' conspiracy against the club.

Why worry? It's working out nicely for him.

NY Hoop
09/11/2005, 10:55 AM
Was thinking the same thing myself. Someone in the FAI giving a toss about an eircom League club who don't reside in Tolka??? :confused: :eek: :D

Just with regard to the Rovers red cards against City, they can both be justified. If you watched the highlights you'd see that. I'm not saying that I wanted them to be sent off, but I can see why the referee made his decision.

Let's make something clear. The FAIlure do not care about any club and that includes shels.

The 2 red cards cannot be justified. Both players were not on yellows and their challenges were more clumsy and late than vicious. Doyle should have been sent off though.

Lastly there are no conspiracies in this league, in sport, in life. People who talk about conspiracies are narrow minded, paranoid, pathetic and without a doubt need to get out more.

KOH

Peadar
09/11/2005, 10:57 AM
The 2 red cards cannot be justified. Both players were not on yellows and their challenges were more clumsy and late than vicious.

An elbow to the face and a late tackle from behind are justification for dismissal, as far as I know.

bigmac
09/11/2005, 12:12 PM
Conspiracies?? Hands up who seriously believes that the FAI is capable of organising anything that complicated? Not a chance!

mandrake
09/11/2005, 12:12 PM
'''yeah the FAI have done soooooo much for us over the years.
allowing milltown to be sold without saying boo, appointing satan to the head of the FAI and making him honourary life president, taking 8 points off us in an attempt to relegate us when they had no power to despite the fact that we told them about the problem in the first place.

or are you just spouting sh.ite for the sake of it?'''

no not spouting, the fact that you exist at all is proof of the fai, letting you away with things, youve spent money on players, mostly bad ones for years instead of concentrating on getting a ground, going round with a begging bowl, even we offered you a ground this year, you got akeeper from usa last season and got a visa for him and you had no money... basically you havent been chucked out because of the so called 'where would the league be without rovers', well its doing ok at the moment at the top without you....well your time mybe up, unfortunately finn harps are so crap you will stay up even by a play off. 8pts deduction!!!! you got let off lightly..

RĂ©iteoir
09/11/2005, 12:50 PM
An elbow to the face and a late tackle from behind are justification for dismissal, as far as I know.

Violent Conduct and Serious Foul Play if I'm not mistaken

NY Hoop
09/11/2005, 1:05 PM
no not spouting, the fact that you exist at all is proof of the fai, letting you away with things, youve spent money on players, mostly bad ones for years instead of concentrating on getting a ground, going round with a begging bowl, even we offered you a ground this year, you got akeeper from usa last season and got a visa for him and you had no money... basically you havent been chucked out because of the so called 'where would the league be without rovers', well its doing ok at the moment at the top without you....well your time mybe up, unfortunately finn harps are so crap you will stay up even by a play off. 8pts deduction!!!! you got let off lightly..

Utter nonsense. What exactly have they let us away with? We've spent money on players? Who hasn't?! Check your clubs wage bill. As has been pointed out they went out of their way to kill us back in the day.

For the umpteenth time our old incompetent board got taxpayers money for the stadium and instead put it in players pockets.

The reason we weren't chucked out is because the league would have been lopsided so we were deducted 8 points instead.

So yes you are spouting and stirring.

KOH

Roverstillidie
09/11/2005, 1:22 PM
'''yeah the FAI have done soooooo much for us over the years.

or are you just spouting sh.ite for the sake of it?'''

as NY says, we did nothing every other club in the league has done, spend money they dont have on players.
us bringing in an american player proves the FAI bend over for us? :confused:
you are on a loser here and you know it, no club in this league has as much baggage with the FAI as us, and we are still in the league due to the fans and no-one else.
we got off lightly for what? if the last board had given the FAI the correct info we would have gotten the licence with ease. we should have insisted on a full audit of all the licence applications, that would have been fun!
i wonder do you actually believe any of this guff or is this a wind up?

mandrake
09/11/2005, 1:28 PM
there's been many boards since 1986 or whenever you left glenmalure, but they all done the same thing....you cant keep blaming orignal setup...you shouldve been deducted / chucked out years ago then you would be in a better position now....anyway
neither of us will back down so......best of luck friday

Roverstillidie
09/11/2005, 1:35 PM
there's been many boards since 1986 or whenever you left glenmalure, but they all done the same thing....you cant keep blaming orignal setup...you shouldve been deducted / chucked out years ago then you would be in a better position now....anyway

thanks, but i dont understand, chucked out for what?
drogheda havent changed hands?

NY Hoop
09/11/2005, 1:36 PM

Has to be a wind up surely. If we had been chucked out years ago then we would be in a better position now?:D That's classic.

Anyway congrats on your result last night:D

KOH