PDA

View Full Version : Cork Look Set For Title

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 8:41 PM
Much better title in my opinion.
If Cork city extend their marvelous record in dublin on friday night, it'll be down to Derry to beat Pats or risk throwing their chances away.

Any pressure that was on Cork tonight just shifted onto derry. For them to beat us, they need a result at the Cross for the first time this season. All this talk of Rico being a bottler, City starting to lose it, its all irrelevant. It comes down to: Who do you think will win at turner's cross? Cork City or Derry City?

Also tonights result confirms that Shelbourne have nothing to play for, what a disasterous season its been for them. Lets hope the "big" club have enough team spirit, loyal supporters and cash backing to stop the inevitable slide back to mediocrity.

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 8:41 PM
oh and to the derry fans

we lost the title last year because we got no joy from shels in tolka
THE SAME WILL HAPPEN TO YOU!
isnt it horrible
that feeling
that horrible horrible feeling
when you realise
you're going to go
AAAALLLL
the way down to cork
hoping
just hoping
that maybe
just maybe
you'll get a win
AND YOU DONT
AND YOU'LL WATCH US CELEBRATE
'COS THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED :D

Ringy
07/11/2005, 8:45 PM
Much better title in my opinion.
If Cork city extend their marvelous record in dublin on friday night, it'll be down to Derry to beat Pats or risk throwing their chances away.

Any pressure that was on Cork tonight just shifted onto derry. For them to beat us, they need a result at the Cross for the first time this season. All this talk of Rico being a bottler, City starting to lose it, its all irrelevant. It comes down to: Who do you think will win at turner's cross? Cork City or Derry City?

Also tonights result confirms that Shelbourne have nothing to play for, what a disasterous season its been for them. Lets hope the "big" club have enough team spirit, loyal supporters and cash backing to stop the inevitable slide back to mediocrity.

Have to agree with ya there shels werent good to have a chance of winning the league at the final game.They simple can't reach the standards of city and Derry.

Speranza
07/11/2005, 8:56 PM
I was waiting for this, beat Rovers and I knew that the Cork fans would be on here shouting their mouths off.

If Cork do win the league then I and the other city fans will stay in the cross til you get awarded the trophy and applaud your team and it won't be a waste. We aren't bandwagoners, we have always travelled well and stuck with our team even through the bad time so the journey won't be a waste. We aren't fickle which is more than I can say for Cork fans when readin their messageboard.

As I said before I am glad that it us ourselves and Cork fighting it out and may the best team win!

See you on the 18th

Conor H
07/11/2005, 8:58 PM
How are yee "set" for the title.Yee have Derry and Shelbourne to play......and i can't see yee getting 6 out of 6 points.

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 8:59 PM
I was waiting for this, beat Rovers and I knew that the Cork fans would be on here shouting their mouths off.

If Cork do win the league then I and the other city fans will stay in the cross til you get awarded the trophy and applaud your team and it won't be a waste. We aren't bandwagoners, we have always travelled well and stuck with our team even through the bad time so the journey won't be a waste. We aren't fickle which is more than I can say for Cork fans when readin their messageboard.

As I said before I am glad that it us ourselves and Cork fighting it out and may the best team win!

See you on the 18th

just proud of our team, lad. seriously, we love you too, and we havent forgotten singing "we ****ing hate shelbourne" with you last season, but is been so long. its been so close so many ****ing times... i dont know who you think are fickle but if you come to the cross and we win it, you'll see true emotion and passion. its been an excellent league campaign, thanks for making it interesting and lets hope the best team do win :D

blutil
07/11/2005, 8:59 PM
i think cork would be better going into the game needing a win. the defence against the blues was very suspect and holding out for a draw against derry last day of the season will not be easy, even though i dont think that the game could possibly be scoreless.

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 9:00 PM
How are yee "set" for the title.Yee have Derry and Shelbourne to play......and i can't see yee getting 6 out of 6 points.

we dont need 6 out of 6

3 will do

Ringy
07/11/2005, 9:02 PM

I think the title heading had a bit of Cork humour in it. Its not our fault that the rest of the country are so dull.

Anyway your right I cant see us getting 6 points either but 4 will do win 3 of them coming against Derry

razor
07/11/2005, 9:12 PM
Great win for the lads tonight. Showed great bottle to go and get the 3 points tonight. Well done lads.
Tonight is history and we must push on and beat Shels on Friday night, it would put immense pressure on Derry.

sfc red
08/11/2005, 12:04 AM
While Shels have had a poor season, our points tally would probably have been good enough if it weren't for incredible consistency by Cork and Derry. Fair play lads, you deserve your success this year but I'm sure we'll be right back in it next season

Roverstillidie
08/11/2005, 2:37 AM
christ, 1st goal against the run of play, second a gift from a meltdown in the rovers defence and then hugo goes ape**** and starts flashing the cards. 3 points, but hard won.
can the cork fans comment on the ref? whatever about the first red which was just controversial, beach's sending off was hilarious.
im not one of those rovers fans to talk about conspiracies, but thats 2 in 1 week....

mypost
08/11/2005, 4:24 AM
hugo goes ape**** and starts flashing the cards. whatever about the first red which was just controversial, beach's sending off was hilarious. im not one of those rovers fans to talk about conspiracies, but thats 2 in 1 week....

It gets worse, it's 3 in a weekend! :mad:

Since when were refs issued with directives to send off our team/squad for a laugh?? :confused: Its not very f'in' funny.

razor
08/11/2005, 8:06 AM
2nd red was a joke, saw it on the telly last night, purely accidental.

Wiseguy
08/11/2005, 8:41 AM
It looked a bit harsh alright.Things don't seem to be going Rovers way at the moment but i still think they are to good to go down.

Hecko
08/11/2005, 8:47 AM
City played teh much better football tonight and deserved our win, but I have to agree about teh sendings off. the first one was a very late tackle but usually yellow woudl have been given. the second one was a joke. He did catch Colin with an arm but it was reckless play at worst. Fair dues to the Rovers fans for singing at the final whistle.

IF City can win on Friday, all the pressure we've had the past few months all switches to Derry and we might see what they're made of then...

lofty9
08/11/2005, 9:00 AM
No pressure on Derry at all. Last match of the season at the Brandywell - we are all going there to enjoy it, savour the atmosphere and celebrate a fantastic season and send the team off to Cork wishing them well. There will be a carnival atmosphere and the fans are not demanding the title unlike the Cork City fans.

My only concern is if it comes down to the Cork match I would rather see Derry having to win at the X. Only having to get a point could have an effect on the mentality of the teams style of play. This team cannot play for a draw and is set up for winning each game.

dcfc_legend9
08/11/2005, 9:05 AM
as it has been said already all the pressure is on cork as derry werent expected to do as well as they are it will be a bonus if derry do win the league but if we dont im glad it is going to cork

Passive
08/11/2005, 9:27 AM
Respect to Cork City last night. Super team and worthy champions. Supporters came in numbers and sang throughout. I think the only time Cork stopped singing for the entire match was to listen to our 'show of strength' at the end. Both sets of supporters applauded each other out of the ground, which shows a healthy respect hidden beneath our rivalry.

As for Rico - a true gent and I'll be delighted to see him finally get his hands on the title.

Krstic
08/11/2005, 9:32 AM
As for Rico - a true gent and I'll be delighted to see him finally get his hands on the title.

Kiss of Death:eek:

dcfcsteve
08/11/2005, 9:36 AM
Also tonights result confirms that Shelbourne have nothing to play for, what a disasterous season its been for them.

Errr - no it doesn't..... :rolleyes:

If Derry lose their next 2 games and Shels win theirs, Shels get 2nd spot and we go 3rd. How is that "nothing to play for".....?? :confused:

dcfcsteve
08/11/2005, 9:38 AM
we dont need 6 out of 6

3 will do

Only if your 3 points are all againt Derry. A danegrous way of thinking, GZ, but would certainly make for a great last game....

Eire06
08/11/2005, 9:46 AM
A win against Shels and a draw with Derry will do it for Cork!
won't it?
I can see Shels putting up a strong resistance but Cork winning 1-0, Georgie knocking in the only goal..
That will be all the Dublin teams (in Premier division) beaten by Cork this season..
Last game of the season in Cork should be great..

I think the League is Corks this year:o

Ruairi
08/11/2005, 9:50 AM
but if we dont im glad it is going to cork

cheers, i'm sure the vast majority of us feel the same way bout ye.

should be magic on the last day of the season and win or lose i'm sure both sets of fans will have a jar together afterwards..

dcfcsteve
08/11/2005, 10:00 AM
I think the League cup is Corks this year:o

Hands off the League Cup - that's our already...... ! :D

Eire06
08/11/2005, 10:04 AM
Hands off the League Cup - that's our already...... ! :D

:rolleyes: League title :o

GavinZac
08/11/2005, 10:16 AM
Only if your 3 points are all againt Derry. A danegrous way of thinking, GZ, but would certainly make for a great last game....

certainly. no matter who wins the title i'll be proud of our team and your team too. fair dues to derry,any other season we'd have the title wrapped up already. you've always been my 2nd team, and hopefully the league will reflect that :p :D

tiktok
08/11/2005, 10:45 AM
A few things....

The League is far from won Gav.
Shels have a huge amount to play for, it's called the UEFA Cup.
We were the better team by a considerable distance last night, the 1st was not against the run of play.
Ref was a joke, red cards were ridiculous.
The second especially should be rescinded, it was an accident ffs.
If we beat Shels, which we could, there will be pressure on Derry Saturday, since were they to lose, they'd lose the league there.
It wasn't a great win, it was a professional performance against a poor team.
Fair play to the Rovers fans at the end, it's easy to sing when things are going well, it must have been hard last night.

...I THINK that whichever team wins the League this season will do it with a record number of points, which is a great compliment to both Cork and Derry.

GavinZac
08/11/2005, 10:51 AM
A few things....
The League is far from won Gav.

i know, but i had to counter-balance "Will Cork Blow it" with something confident! :)

Shels have a huge amount to play for, it's called the UEFA Cup. i suppose i have to give them that.

...I THINK that whichever team wins the League this season will do it with a record number of points, which is a great compliment to both Cork and Derry.
we will set the record (we already have) :)

patsh
08/11/2005, 10:53 AM
christ, 1st goal against the run of play, second a gift from a meltdown in the rovers defence and then hugo goes ape**** and starts flashing the cards. 3 points, but hard won.
can the cork fans comment on the ref? whatever about the first red which was just controversial, beach's sending off was hilarious.
im not one of those rovers fans to talk about conspiracies, but thats 2 in 1 week....
1. "against the run of play" ???
You were havng a good spell, but City were ALWAYS on top.
2. Both goals came from exquisite skill from Fenn.
3. The second red was a disgrace, it was hardly a yellow even.
4. I hope you manage to stay up, your fans and players are a credit to the club, it's a pity about your manager.

patsh
08/11/2005, 10:55 AM
Jay$i$ listening to Rico on the radio this morning, he didn't think it was great. Adequate I think he said. He claims he gave the players a bollockin' for not 'pushing on' and scoring 4/5 goals ??
Probably did, we could certainly have scored more goals if we kept going for it, but we just played out the last 20 minutes or so with keep ball.
Players taking it easy for the games ahead?

Eire06
08/11/2005, 10:57 AM
Jay$i$ listening to Rico on the radio this morning, he didn't think it was great. Adequate I think he said. He claims he gave the players a bollockin' for not 'pushing on' and scoring 4/5 goals ??

He's upset cause someone stole his lucky hat and won't give it back:rolleyes:

EnDai
08/11/2005, 11:55 AM
Shelbourne 0:1 Cork
Derry 1:0 Pats
Cork 0:1 Derry

Shelbourne 1:1 Cork
Derry 1:0 Pats
Cork 1:1 Derry

Assuming a run of results similar to those, our league champions will not be from Munster.

Its too close to call, and I sincerely hope Derry do it. 1) Because it benefits Shels 2) I'd love to see certain people whinging about being the best yadayadayada, depsite the fact we've been listening to it for too long with no reason as to why ;)

If Cork draw with Shels and Derry, and Derry beat Pats, Derry win. Tbh, I wonder what the odds on that are, it seems like a good bet! :)