PDA

View Full Version : Segregation Tonight

thomas
07/11/2005, 12:53 PM
You might let anyone going up to the game know that City fans will be accomodated in the shed in Dalymount tonight.

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 12:55 PM
You might let anyone going up to the game know that City fans will be accomodated in the shed in Dalymount tonight.

says a lot about rovers really.

WeAreRovers
07/11/2005, 1:17 PM
says a lot about rovers really.

:confused:

What? The fact that we're accomodating visiting fans in their own section of the ground? Fair enough, we'll put you on the Connacht St side in the rain so. :rolleyes:

KOH

Dodge
07/11/2005, 1:24 PM
Really enjoyed our time in the Shed this year. I mean its a total fooking kip but good view of pitch and good for atmosphere

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 2:09 PM
:confused:

What? The fact that we're accomodating visiting fans in their own section of the ground? Fair enough, we'll put you on the Connacht St side in the rain so. :rolleyes:

KOH

we seemed to be fine in the stand with bohs, is it a crowd control issue or do ye really think there'll be more city fans up there this week than last?

WeAreRovers
07/11/2005, 2:13 PM
we seemed to be fine in the stand with bohs, is it a crowd control issue or do ye really think there'll be more city fans up there this week than last?

I assume it's a crowd control issue. In other words Rovers doing the right thing and actually segregating opposing fans. We can't win with some people.

KOH

Peadar
07/11/2005, 2:20 PM
In other words Rovers doing the right thing and actually segregating opposing fans.

I don't see any problem with this.
It's important to plan realistically where security is concerned.
There's no reason why there should be trouble tonight but that's no reason get complacent either.
That end of the ground is fine for the 200 odd City fans who'll be there.
A bit of shelter at least.

Troy.McClure
07/11/2005, 4:10 PM
Will there actually be that many City fans there tonight? Surely just the exiles and a few diehards/hacks?

exile
07/11/2005, 4:14 PM
Will there actually be that many City fans there tonight? Surely just the exiles and a few diehards/hacks?

theres a bus from cork and apperently its turned to something like lord of the flies on it :eek: :D

Conor H
07/11/2005, 4:21 PM
is this game on tv..no?:confused:

patsh
08/11/2005, 7:51 AM
City fans were in the stand tonight, not an ounce of trouble and a great night had by all.
Fair play to the Rovers fans, they were veryquite for much of the game, but they sang their hearts out for the last ten minutes or so.
City fans gave them a great round of applause, and there was a little mutual love-in for a few seconds!:D
After what must have been a fairly demoralising evening, Rovers defiance and their pride in their club was magnificent to see.
I really, really hope Rovers don't go down, they would be a major loss to our league.

Dodge
08/11/2005, 8:48 AM
If they go relegated they'd still be in the league patsh...

Not sure for how long but still.

Hecko
08/11/2005, 8:51 AM
Any one else think the "It's just like watching Carlisle" chant wsa oen of our best for a while...;)

patsh
08/11/2005, 10:39 AM
If they go relegated they'd still be in the league patsh...

Not sure for how long but still.
Fair enough, I should have specified the Premier division....

patsh
08/11/2005, 10:39 AM
Any one else think the "It's just like watching Carlisle" chant wsa oen of our best for a while...;)
That was excellent alright...:D

redgav
08/11/2005, 11:37 AM

Funniest chant in ages - since the last rovers game with "don't get injured" chant

pete
09/11/2005, 11:17 AM
theres a bus from cork and apperently its turned to something like lord of the flies on it :eek: :D

4 legs bad 2 legs good.... :D