PDA

View Full Version : Will Cork blow it all?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cosmo
07/11/2005, 8:31 AM
Results over the weekend have put Derry in the driving seat

2 tough away matches this week - Rover fighting for their lives (cork should win though but expect it to take alot out of them) and then shels away on friday (who i think will beat cork).

Derry to beat Pats on saturday.

If the above happens all derry have to do is get a draw down there on the last day of the season.

I know its in drogs interests for cork to win the league, but I can honestly see Rico blow it AGAIN :( !!!

They'll be on some downer of they do on cup final day, missing at least 3 first timers too.

Cork could end up trophyless this season (despite the great season they've had!!).

I just wonder if they have the bottle ;)

tiktok
07/11/2005, 8:39 AM
I just wonder if they have the bottle ;)

It's a valid question to be fair, but I think we do.
The real question is do we have the goalscorer.

I think we'll beat rovers tonight, I know that they're fighting for their lives, but we should have enough to get past them. If someone offered me a 1-0 now, I'd snap their hand off. We have to step up tonight though.

Shels have been playing well, but their last defeat was against derry, the defeat before was against us. They've been brushing sides aside all season, but the fact remains that they've consistently failed to deliver against the top two.

I expect it to be a very tough game, but having seen them recently, they need an awful lot of chances to score the goals they're getting, I can't see us allowing them the same opportunities that Bray e.g. did. It'll be tight, but I'd imagine we'd still be favourites to win.

I expect it to go to the last day anyway, but don't be so confident that Derry will have it easy against Pat's next Friday.

Roo69
07/11/2005, 8:40 AM
Hopefully they do blow it ! I'd be only to happy to see Derry (or even Shels :eek: ) beat them to the title.

The game in hand means nothing, Derry have the points on the board which is the most important thing at this stage of the season. Cork are defo stuttering at present and with 2 tough away matches coming up and then the big one Vs Derry i can't see them winning it.

Cork will probably beat Rovers but they need the points themself so it will be a very hard fought match, Shels will beat Cork but yet again it will be a very tough match.

sfc red
07/11/2005, 8:52 AM
ONCE AGAIN, Shels cannot win the title

Roo69
07/11/2005, 8:56 AM
ONCE AGAIN, Shels cannot win the title

I'd still prefer them to win it over Cork thou ;)

patsh
07/11/2005, 9:01 AM
I'd still prefer them to win it over Cork thou ;)
Thanks, good to see the bitterness of petty little Devlin and his sheep in Bray shining through as usual!;)

Roo69
07/11/2005, 9:16 AM
Thanks, good to see the bitterness of petty little Devlin and his sheep in Bray shining through as usual!;)

Bitter ? Not at all, i just don't like Cork, just the same way you probably don't like Shels or Waterford

Wiseguy
07/11/2005, 9:31 AM
I don't think Cork will bottle it but it ain't gonna be easy.Rovers are so unpredictable nothing is certain in that match.Shels would love to get one over on Cork but i don't think they will so Cork to win the league.
On a side note it's good to Patsh at his old best again,anything he dosen't agree with gives him to right to insult you.

patsh
07/11/2005, 9:37 AM
I don't think Cork will bottle it but it ain't gonna be easy.Rovers are so unpredictable nothing is certain in that match.Shels would love to get one over on Cork but i don't think they will so Cork to win the league.
On a side note it's good to Patsh at his old best again,anything he dosen't agree with gives him to right to insult you.
Ahh, the little Longforder can't handle someone elses opinion of an opposing manager and his acolytes...anything the little Longforder doesn't agree with, he has his little dig, but thats not surprising coming for the mid-table medicrity club.

City might end up with nothing this season, but at least I don't have to wake up every morning and realise I am a Longford/Bray fan....

patsh
07/11/2005, 9:39 AM
Bitter ? Not at all, i just don't like Cork, just the same way you probably don't like Shels or Waterford
I actually quite like $hels, just don't really like their secratary or some of his sidekicks.
I also have nothing against Waterford, except for their sh*tehole of a ground.

The Sheliban
07/11/2005, 9:43 AM
Well, Shels need Derry to win the League and Cork to win the Cup to get a UEFA Spot, so that's an extra incentive, if one were needed.
Our problem all season has been our results against the top two, which has been abysmal.
Yes, we're needing a lot of chances to score our goals at the moment, but the number of chances we're creating is phenomenal. And don't forget we're top scorers too.
Still very much up in the air.

tiktok
07/11/2005, 9:46 AM
Yes, we're needing a lot of chances to score our goals at the moment, but the number of chances we're creating is phenomenal.

Which is where you've fallen down against us anyway, even with recent lapses, we still have the meanest defence in the league, i can't see you creating much chances against us, you'll need to take the few you get to beat us.

Honestly though, it has draw written all over it

patsh
07/11/2005, 9:51 AM
Well, Shels need Derry to win the League and Cork to win the Cup to get a UEFA Spot, so that's an extra incentive, if one were needed.
Our problem all season has been our results against the top two, which has been abysmal.
Yes, we're needing a lot of chances to score our goals at the moment, but the number of chances we're creating is phenomenal. And don't forget we're top scorers too.
Still very much up in the air.
A sensible contribution.
$hels need to beat us, Rovers need to win.
SPA are safe and have nothing to play for, so Derry have one really tough game left to win the league.
Fenlon, through accident or otherwise, seems to have found his best side, who are playing outstandingly at the moment.
So City have a much tougher run-in than Derry, and we don't have a striker.
It's not a question of City blowing it, its down to the excellent form of Derry and the fact that both sides have been very evenly matched in a very tight league race, where it will probably come down to the last match of the season in a winner take all scenario.
It is just as fair to ask will Derry blow it, but in truth, nobody is blowing the league, one side will just be edged out by the better team.
Whoever that turns out to be.

ccfcgirl
07/11/2005, 9:57 AM
Hopfully Cork City will beat Shamrock Rovers tonight .(They will) .We can aford a slip up against Shels ...............Hopfully Pats will beat Derry.

Colm
07/11/2005, 9:59 AM
The way I look at it is that it's ours to throw away now, the same as it has been most of the season.
A win tonight and we're back in the driving seat. We've been the best team all season, we deserve to win it so it will be a devestating blow to us all if we don't win it now.

btw, it's nice to see the small club's jealousy shining through again. Devlin, Matthews et al have the bitter small mindedness well drilled into ye.

Wiseguy
07/11/2005, 9:59 AM
Ahh, the little Longforder can't handle someone elses opinion of an opposing manager and his acolytes...anything the little Longforder doesn't agree with, he has his little dig, but thats not surprising coming for the mid-table medicrity club.

City might end up with nothing this season, but at least I don't have to wake up every morning and realise I am a Longford/Bray fan....

I'm 6,2" and 17st. so i'm no little Longforder but that's like some previous staements you have made on this forum, uniformed and with no basis.
I couldn't give a toss what you call anyone but it seems to be a common reaction you have once someone says anything about cork.

Colm
07/11/2005, 10:03 AM
I'm 6,2" and 17st. so i'm no little Longforder.

:D :D

Somehow I don't think he was commenting on your physical size more your clubs stature and attitude!

Roo69
07/11/2005, 10:04 AM
Cork Loosing at Home to St. Pats and having to come from behind twice and not being able to take advantage of a 10 man Waterford has nothing to do with Derry's superb run of form.

But seriously, just because i want another team to win the title than Cork, im small minded ? how does that work ? Ya see thats the reason why i don't like Cork, there fcuking fans ! they always have to be right, everyone always has to agree with them. Get a grip lads will ya ! i would prefer Derry to win the title because they play a very nice brand of football, there players do not think they are above everyone, ya dont see them mouthing off in interviews or papers like a certian Mr. O'Callaghan, and for the main reason is that there fans are 2nd to none.

Oh Yeah and i fcuking HATE Stephen Kenny !

Peadar
07/11/2005, 10:05 AM
At least we're in a position to blow it.
How many other clubs can say that!
Last season we were hoping that Shels blew it so we've definitely made progress this year.

Tonights result will tell a lot.

drinkfeckarse
07/11/2005, 10:11 AM
Hope City don't bottle it but I've a feeling in me water that they will :(

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 10:22 AM
we wont be blowing it... we're going into our hardest run of games so its not like we should have it easy. winning the league isnt easy.

KK77
07/11/2005, 10:23 AM
Cork Loosing at Home to St. Pats and having to come from behind twice and not being able to take advantage of a 10 man Waterford has nothing to do with Derry's superb run of form.

But seriously, just because i want another team to win the title than Cork, im small minded ? how does that work ? Ya see thats the reason why i don't like Cork, there fcuking fans ! they always have to be right, everyone always has to agree with them. Get a grip lads will ya ! i would prefer Derry to win the title because they play a very nice brand of football, there players do not think they are above everyone, ya dont see them mouthing off in interviews or papers like a certian Mr. O'Callaghan, and for the main reason is that there fans are 2nd to none.

Oh Yeah and i fcuking HATE Stephen Kenny !

Why do you hate Stephen Kenny??

Peadar
07/11/2005, 10:26 AM
Will Pat Dolan take the blame if we do blow it?
He seems to want the credit if we win it anyway. :rolleyes:

Roo69
07/11/2005, 10:27 AM
Why do you hate Stephen Kenny??

Why dont you ever respond to the topic posted ?

patsh
07/11/2005, 10:35 AM
I'm 6,2" and 17st. so i'm no little Longforder but that's like some previous staements you have made on this forum, uniformed and with no basis.
I couldn't give a toss what you call anyone but it seems to be a common reaction you have once someone says anything about cork.
:D
"A common reaction you have once someone says anything about cork" :D
This from the club who can't handle it when ANYONE states the FACTS about Longford's ultra defensive and negative tactics under Hoofer Matthews?
:D

patsh
07/11/2005, 10:36 AM
temper, temper pattie baby. Ha, Ha. You see, I called it right again. Three months ago I gave you a detailed analysis of how you choked last season. I also predicted you would choke this season. All you could do was insult and abuse.

Will the chokers make across the finish line ?? Oh this could be the death of ye !!

Youse better have the pampers and the kleenex handy for the cross
Welcome back Cop On.
My previous post has already been proven correct...:D :D :D

Wiseguy
07/11/2005, 10:39 AM
Will Pat Dolan take the blame if we do blow it?
He seems to want the credit if we win it anyway. :rolleyes:

If fairness it is Dolan's team and i do think that Cork would be in the same position if they had kept him onboard.Rico was lucky as he had a great group of players to work with who were well drilled and prepared to launch an attack on winning the league.Should Cork lose the league it will be a big fcuk up and although some may laugh and ridicule Cork's failure ( i for one won't ) it should not be missed how good Derry have been this season and those who mock will only take away from Derry's achievement.

Macy
07/11/2005, 10:42 AM
Welcome back Cop On.
My previous post has already been proven correct...
Of course Cop On fell for it. Doesn't mean wiseguy was wrong - any attack on Cork is deemed as a right to attack the poster by you. You proved wiseguy right, Cop on proved you right, will the pair of you grow up as it's really 6 of one, half a dozen of another and bloody boring at this stage :rolleyes:

Macy
07/11/2005, 10:42 AM
Welcome back Cop On.
My previous post has already been proven correct...
Of course Cop On fell for it. Doesn't mean wiseguy was wrong - any attack on Cork is deemed as a right to attack the poster by you. You proved wiseguy right, Cop on proved you right, will the pair of you grow up as it's really 6 of one, half a dozen of another and bloody boring at this stage :rolleyes:

patsh
07/11/2005, 10:49 AM
Yes sir, Mr. Macy Sir.
Nice to know that the guardian of sense, fairness and all knowledge is still around.
A thread about City and the 3 Longford lads have to get their cut in...eh sorry, opinion, because Longford fans only give opinions, City fans attack posters.
Well done.

Macy
07/11/2005, 10:50 AM
Yes sir, Mr. Macy Sir.
Nice to know that the guardian of sense, fairness and all knowledge is still around.
A thread about City and the 3 Longford lads have to get their cut in...eh sorry, opinion, because Longford fans only give opinions, City fans attack posters.
Well done.
A thread started by a Drog in el general. How dare Longford fans comment. :rolleyes:

Peadar
07/11/2005, 10:50 AM
Of course Cop On fell for it...

Of course Cop On fell for it...

Your point was so valid and important that you had to post it twice? :rolleyes:

patsh
07/11/2005, 10:53 AM
A thread started by a Drog in el general. How dare Longford fans comment. :rolleyes:
Almost as shocking as a City fan expressing an opinon or making a comment.
What IS foot.ie coming too?:eek:

KK77
07/11/2005, 11:22 AM
Why dont you ever respond to the topic posted ?

Did you not say you hated Stephen Kenny in your post?

Roo69
07/11/2005, 11:38 AM
Did you not say you hated Stephen Kenny in your post?

I did indeed, but you always seem to pick up on things that i post rather than answering the orignal question. Think it goes back to that Liverpool thread a while back. I reckon you hate me almost as much as i hate Kenny :eek: and sure you know why i hate kenny, ive mentioned it in threads that you replied to before.

KK77
07/11/2005, 11:41 AM
I did indeed, but you always seem to pick up on things that i post rather than answering the orignal question. Think it goes back to that Liverpool thread a while back. I reckon you hate me almost as much as i hate Kenny :eek: and sure you know why i hate kenny, ive mentioned it in threads that you replied to before.

I just asked why you hated Stephen Kenny.

Roverstillidie
07/11/2005, 11:45 AM
i would prefer to see derry win the league because i despise corkies, but one thing is for sure from a neutral/barstooler/ad for the league: lets hope it goes to the last game of the season. that would be HUGE!!!

id say cork are unamused to have to trapse up to dalyer on a monday to face a ****ed off and cornered rovers side!!
probably get 3 points but will be run ragged.

Peadar
07/11/2005, 11:48 AM
i would prefer to see derry win the league because i despise corkies...

I love the balanced and well thought out opinion on this board.
"Will Cork blow it all?"
Yes, because I hate Cork people.
Classic stuff! :D

ThatGuy
07/11/2005, 11:48 AM
Corkies and their delusions of grandeur. The funny little monkey men always crack me up.

mypost
07/11/2005, 11:55 AM
I think we'll beat rovers tonight, I know that they're fighting for their lives, but we should have enough to get past them. If someone offered me a 1-0 now, I'd snap their hand off. We have to step up tonight though.

Well, you thought you'd beat Pats at home and didn't, you thought you'd beat Waterford away and didn't, so what's to suggest you'll automatically beat us?? :confused: We are in the same boat as Pats and Waterford were, scrapping to beat the drop, so now you have to come up here and win, to keep your title hopes alive.

If we weren't second-bottom by default, you would have an easy ride, as our players wouldn't give a toss. But we need the points as much as yous, it's going to be a wet night, and knowing our disciplinary record, the tackles will be flying in! If we don't concede early, and if yous don't have the stomach for the battle out there, we could well nick it 1-0, keep us up, and hand Derry the title.

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 11:58 AM
Well, you thought you'd beat Pats at home and didn't, you thought you'd beat Waterford away and didn't, so what's to suggest you'll automatically beat us?? :confused: We are in the same boat as Pats and Waterford were, scrapping to beat the drop, so now you have to come up here and win, to keep your title hopes alive.
look he is here again!
where did he say we'd beat you automatically. he said we need to step it up.

we could well nick it 1-0, keep us up
the question is, will you be in the premier next season now that you have no A license?

Peadar
07/11/2005, 12:00 PM
we could well nick it 1-0, keep us up, and hand Derry the title.

I know that you're probably educated to the most basic level, without any understanding of simple maths, but a win for Shambolic Rovers tonight wont hand Derry the title. :rolleyes:

daniel
07/11/2005, 12:00 PM
Alrite lad's lot of posts on here and alot of crap realli....one thing i cant remember who posted it but was from a Cork fan saying Cork where the best team in the league this season....Consitently they haven't been as good as Derry this year and statistics PROVE that!!

Another thing is that when Derry or Cork do win the league neither of them will have thrown it away, both teams will have surpassed the amount of points ever gained in the EL's history....Derry on Friday night broke the points record which was held by shels at 68 points, it now stands at 69 points... this shows how close the league has been this year and how GOOD both teams have been.As a Derry fan i obviously hope we win it, if we don't hey theres always next year as this season has been a major success already!! But also id like to see it happen for two other reasons 1. the one person who deserves a winners medal this year is Stephen Kenny what he has done in the last year is absolutley phenomenal and the 2nd. Derry City Fans are not only the best but i believe the most loyal fans in this country, as we have witnessed in the past few years.

Here's to a great end to the season!!

hoops1
07/11/2005, 12:02 PM
Ah mypost thats the spirit not the defeatist attitude of some!
I refer to my thread a few months back that Rico is a bottler
and that its momentum at this state that will decide
And Rico just doesnt win league titles
Now he would much Rather lose it this week than the last day
of the season he couldnt go through that pain again
his lucky hat was nicked what more proof do you need
Rovers are septic but will still win and
Shels will all have hard ones knowing that they could cost Cork the title

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 12:04 PM
saying Cork where the best team in the league this season....Consitently they haven't been as good as Derry this year and statistics PROVE that!!

statisticly we've more points per game played, and tonight, statisticly we'll have more points. so how could you be more consistant?

daniel
07/11/2005, 12:05 PM
Nice try but try again, how about consistency over hmmmmm....... lets say the last 30 games??

Peadar
07/11/2005, 12:08 PM
Consitently they haven't been as good as Derry this year and statistics PROVE that!!

What statistic is that daniel?

Here are the most important and only applicable statistics.

Derry City 31 21 6 4 54 23 69
Cork City 30 20 7 3 49 18 67

If we win tonight, that will change to something like this...

Cork City 31 21 7 3 50 18 70
Derry City 31 21 6 4 54 23 69

How does that make you does that make us not as good as you?

By the way, everyone thinks their own fans are great.
Self praise is no praise.

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 12:10 PM
i'll correct myself: we have the same number of average points in this league, with the chance of bettering it tonight. now if you want to start throwing in conditions, what if we include cup games?

daniel
07/11/2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah no bother lad's include cup games but don't leave out league cup games :D

GavinZac
07/11/2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah no bother lad's include cup games but don't leave out league cup games :D

did our kids play in that this year? was that between the Setanta and the UEFA cups, yeah?