PDA

View Full Version : Is this some kind of a record?

The Sheliban
06/11/2005, 7:41 PM
Eleven league games ago, Shels were in third place in the League. Since then, we've gone on a fantastic run that's seen us win ten games out of eleven, gain thirty points out of a possible thirty three, and guess what? We're still in third place.
Testament to the consistency of the top two I suppose.

Buller
06/11/2005, 8:11 PM
Yeah, you were just very unlucky you found the right starting 11 and some form too late!

Risteard
08/11/2005, 2:24 PM
So what exactly is the settled 11 that ye have?

Slash/ED
08/11/2005, 5:18 PM
We've mainly been playing with

Byrne O'Neill

Hoolahan Crawford Ndo Ryan

Cahill Rogers Hawkins Heary

Delaney

Though that was with Crowe out at the start of the run so lost his place, and Reynolds, Stuey Byrne and Steve Williams out, all who might replace Crawford for the first two players and obviously Delaney for Williams.

EDIT - sorry, should have been O'Neill, not Crowe.

The Sheliban
08/11/2005, 5:40 PM
The settled back four has really helped. Injuries and suspensions early on in the season cost us defensively.

Risteard
08/11/2005, 10:35 PM
Thats a very strong team save for Crawford.
Could never understand why Ndo didn't get his game. Definately the most physically strong player in the league and fairly nifty too.
How's Ollie doing left back?
the *****.

Slash/ED
08/11/2005, 11:50 PM
Very well, suprisingly good defencively and obviously supports the attacks well. I'd still like someone to come in there, but he's done very well and played there quite a few times now.

Agree about Ndo, a truly quality player.

Drumcondra Red
09/11/2005, 7:43 PM
Cahill's really come into his own in that left back position! Ndo, genius!

sfc red
10/11/2005, 3:31 PM
Crawford has been a major reason for our success lately imo

Anto McC
12/11/2005, 8:48 PM
Personally i think the reason for our success recently has been the fact we've played really poor teams on that winning streak.
Some might say thats me looking at the glass as half empty but the fact of the matter is that glass contains 2 better teams than us this season,Cork and Derry

Slash/ED
12/11/2005, 8:50 PM
I think we've played every team in the league during that run and only lost once. If we were able to beat the really poor teams all season we'd win the league without needing anything from Cork and Derry. League wins are built on beating those teams. During the two in a row seasons Bohs had a better record against us than we did against them

lofty9
21/11/2005, 11:56 AM
Did this run not coincide with the playing of O'Neill up front with Byrne? No coincidence then that the only defeat in this period was in the Brandywell when O'Neil was injured.

finlma
21/11/2005, 12:18 PM
Its pretty impressive but not a record. We won 11 from 12 this season too albeit in the First.

Slash/ED
21/11/2005, 4:44 PM
Did this run not coincide with the playing of O'Neill up front with Byrne? No coincidence then that the only defeat in this period was in the Brandywell when O'Neil was injured.

It did, but Crowe played a big part as well netting 6 goals in those 12 games (I think that was his record, open to correction) despite not starting large amounts of the matches, he started a few and often came off the bench and did very well for us. Both O'Neill and Crowe played very well during the run.