PDA

View Full Version : Can we get promoted now - Final push

Galwayexile
06/11/2005, 7:34 AM
If we win both our matches now and cobh and dublin drop points in theirs. Its a shame it has come down to this as we should have had this league wrapped up ages ago dropping silly points to the likes of monaghan.

What hapens if we come second do we playoff with the second last team in the premier.

On another note well done sligo for getting promoted. Hope to see ye there next season!!
Galway have been brill of late and well done to all the lads.Kildare is a hard place to get points well used to be.

Conor H
06/11/2005, 8:50 AM
Ya if we win both our games and cobh loose twice(we play them) we come second providing Dublin only get 1 point in there last 2 games.

Redzer
06/11/2005, 10:50 AM
Ya if we win both our games and cobh loose twice(we play them) we come second providing Dublin only get 1 point in there last 2 games.
:rolleyes: I'm sure it makes since, but I have such a hangover from celebrating last night that I cant make it out.
Anyways, good luck.

exiled_gufc_fan
06/11/2005, 12:01 PM
Remaining Matches:

Cobh Ramblers: Dundalk (A), Galway (H). 54 pts gd +10
Dublin City: Monaghan (A), Athlone (H). 53 pts gd +16
Galway United: Limerick (H), Cobh (A). 49 pts gd nil

Limerick can technically also make it (48 pts) but would a require a goal difference swing of +11 goals from Cobh (and even more from Dublin City).

What do the bookies have GUFC at to make the playoffs? 50-1? maybe?

Conor H
06/11/2005, 12:27 PM
On the last weekend all 1st division games will be played on Saturday night at the same time.

sligoman
06/11/2005, 12:53 PM
In fairness, I cant see Dublin only getting a point. I mean, whatever about Athlone but Monaghan are terrible and they should easily get all three there

Terry
07/11/2005, 8:01 AM
In fairness, I cant see Dublin only getting a point. I mean, whatever about Athlone but Monaghan are terrible and they should easily get all three there

The thing is dublin are woeful also, bar there last outing of coarse. At the same time it looks as if Dublin will get the play-off spot.

Well done to the lads on the fantastic run in they have had, looks like it came 1 match to late though. Hopefully the form will continue into next season along with one or two big signings and we will win the league and go back to where we belong.

hynzy
07/11/2005, 9:02 AM
Ya at this stage it probably is too late for this season, but its good to see how close we could have been seen as it has been such a bad season. You have to have high hopes for next season. 3 or 4 good signings along with the core players we already have such as mixie should give us a strong enough squad for next year. Hopefully Lally will have a busy close season.

gufct
07/11/2005, 9:48 AM
if Dundalk beat cobh then Dublin City would be in the driving seat but they would have to win both their games to finish ahead of us if we win both of ours.

Its a slight chance but if we play like we did on Saturday anything can happen and hopefully we will get a decent crowd as the lads deserve it. Outstanding on Saturday were Alan,Ronan,Forche (MOM),Russler & Eric although everyone performed well and the teamwork was excellent.

There was only 94 people at the game and this included two teams of kids that played a mini game at half time. There really has to be something done about the league before next season or a lot of teams will go to the wall.

exiled_gufc_fan
12/11/2005, 10:35 PM
Well despite our 5-2 win on Friday, tonight the outside chance became an impossibility as Dublin City won 5-1 against Monaghan.

An experimental team for next week then? Though we would finish third if we beat Ramblers.

Patrick Dunne
12/11/2005, 10:40 PM
to an experimental team -

- we need to keep our good run going
- more prizemoney (E2.5k is the difference between 3rd/5th)
- sportmanship (crumbling when there is nothing to play for is unacceptable)

There is also the small matter of annoying Cobh !

Conor H
12/11/2005, 10:41 PM
We would have to win by 4 goals.If Kilkenny beat ***** then we have to win or we'll come 5th...highest we can finish now is 4th.Not bad considering we were second last for ages.Just shows how easily we could have won it.If we had started this run 2 games earlier we would be second.I mean ***** have won one more game than us and drawn 16 or something and they're champions.Ah well we'll win it next year.:)

exiled_gufc_fan
12/11/2005, 10:58 PM
No we cant really.........we would have to win by 7 goals.

Actually we would only need to win by 4 :) Ours would improve and Cobh's deteriorate!

Conor H
12/11/2005, 10:59 PM
Actually we would only need to win by 4 :) Ours would improve and Cobh's deteriorate!
I do pass Maths.:o :D