PDA

View Full Version : The IFTA's

sligoman
06/11/2005, 12:39 AM
Such crap:D. How did Stew beat Killinaskully and The Panel to best entertainment programme?:confused:. Stew is spew compared to those two programmes:mad:

EDIT: Also, that fool from Tv3 won the personality of the year ahead of Pat Shortt and Grainne Seoige (http://www.ifta.ie/winners2005/index.htm)

Dodge
06/11/2005, 1:43 AM
Well deserved for stew.

sligoman
06/11/2005, 1:52 AM
Well deserved for stew.I fcuking hate that sh!te:mad:. It's terrible, especially compared to The Panel and Killinaskully:cool:

A face
06/11/2005, 8:42 PM
Well deserved for stew.

You are one of very few from what i've seen .... loads of people saying the some of the winners very glaringly bad choices.

Its ok one or two being wide of the mark but when there is that much that people disagree with, these awards lose the crediblity .... they definitely didn't do themselves any favours anyway.

A face
06/11/2005, 8:43 PM
And cant have a thread on this topic ..... can RTE fire Pat Kenny .... he is not worth the money ..... get rid, quick ffs !!

RTE can not afford this plank .... do something about !!

Risteard
06/11/2005, 10:02 PM
Agree with ya about Pat Shortt but tell me a little about Grainne Seoiges personality.

sligoman
06/11/2005, 11:16 PM
Agree with ya about Pat Shortt but tell me a little about Grainne Seoiges personality.I will when you tell me about that Cagney fella from Tv3's personality:p.

Personally I didn't think Seoige should get the award either but their is a lot in the country who like her that's why I was surprised that Cagney got it before her. I was sure Pat Shortt was going to win it but then I was wrong:o

Dodge
06/11/2005, 11:26 PM
IMO no news presenters should be nominated. and whenever Pat Ahortt doens't win an award, we're doing OK.

sligoman
06/11/2005, 11:28 PM
and whenever Pat Ahortt doens't win an award, we're doing OK.I agree with ya about Pat Ahortt, but Pat Shortt should definetely have won;) :p

razor
07/11/2005, 11:06 AM
I will when you tell me about that Cagney fella from Tv3's personality:p.
Sure isn't he from Cork, of course he should have won it.

Risteard
07/11/2005, 11:11 AM
I will when you tell me about that Cagney fella from Tv3's personality:p.

Don't stick out your tongue at me young man.:D
Well i think Pat Shortt deserved it too but Cagney got it for a couple of reasons
1) He's from Cork which makes him great.
2) His show Ireland Am actually lets ya see his personality more than a news programme or a sitcom.
3) He's actually good people but he mainly won because
4)TV3 actually took out ads telling people to vote for him and talked about it on his show. Sad.

Forgot
5) Didn't sell his soul to some Australian/Yanky/British/Irish news network.

Eire06
07/11/2005, 12:06 PM
I thought Aoife Ní Thuairisg should have won it!

Was shocked when Cagney got it..
Tv3 put on a big advertising campaign for him it was like he was an election candidate. It was a bit OTT in my opinion but it worked:mad:

pineapple stu
07/11/2005, 12:17 PM
How did Stew beat Killinaskully and The Panel to best entertainment programme?
Stew won something?! I've never seen such rubbish in my life! And that counts Sky One, TV3 and UTV! The perfect excuse for RTÉ never to make another "trendy" show ever...

el tk
07/11/2005, 7:58 PM
I don't know why they bother giving out international awards to international stars (as opposed to these domestic folk) when they don't show up for them. It just looks shoddy. Mischa Barton on the other hand...

Drumcondra Red
07/11/2005, 8:27 PM
Who cares?? Yer man only won best personality because of the ads, its all a load of crap really, I mean, did anyone here actually vote???

sligoman
07/11/2005, 8:29 PM
did anyone here actually vote???Pat Shortt:o.

I only did it online so it wasn't very hard;)

Macy
08/11/2005, 9:48 AM
IMO no news presenters should be nominated. and whenever Pat Ahortt doens't win an award, we're doing OK.
Has to be someone in the news/current affairs/crap daytime show as they're the only ones showing any semblence of their character. How can Pat Shortt even get nominated when he's not even himself in the (pathetic) show. Ridiculous nomination.