PDA

View Full Version : First Division Champions 2005

Pages : [1] 2

Redzer
05/11/2005, 9:02 PM
Barring a complete disaster in our final two games. On tonights result between Cobh and CHF, we will be crowned champions in the Showgrounds on saturday next.
It's gonna be a hell of a party.
Well done The Bit O'Red.

Ringo
05/11/2005, 9:05 PM
well done, from all at DCHFHFHFC

deecay
05/11/2005, 9:16 PM
It feels soooooo good.
Cork, Derry, Shels, Pat, Drogs, Bohs.
WATCH OUT

Conor H
05/11/2005, 10:28 PM
:rolleyes:

sligoman
05/11/2005, 10:32 PM
:rolleyes:FFS Conor, dont be a jealous ***** all your life:mad: :p

The Stars
05/11/2005, 10:33 PM
This is surely going to be good news for all fans of Premier Division Teams.Another trip away from Dublin...even if they are pretty rare.

Conor H
05/11/2005, 10:35 PM
This is surely going to be good news for all fans of Premier Division Teams.Another trip away from Dublin...even if they are pretty rare.
Ya but pity harps are going down...twud be better if a dublin team went down.

crc
05/11/2005, 10:36 PM
Except that its at the expense of Harps, so there's not much difference.

If Cobh manage to hold off DC and beat Shamrock Rvs in the play-off, then there would be an extra non-Dublin trip.

Well done Sligo, c'mon Cobh!

sligoman
05/11/2005, 10:45 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!:) :) :). Finally, back in the Premier.

The Stars
05/11/2005, 10:47 PM
Except that its at the expense of Harps, so there's not much difference.
of course it is....not as far away and we actually have seats in our ground....and we will have a new wall and turnstiles for the Premier Division aswell.Talk about good timing.

bluemovie
05/11/2005, 11:31 PM
Congrats to Sligo. By all accounts, you've been the outstanding team in the First Division this year. Hope to be having a trip to the Showgrounds next year even if we have to stop off in Whitehall or Queenstown later this month.

And don't even think about getting Heff back....not a chance.

sligoman
05/11/2005, 11:33 PM
And don't even think about getting Heff back....not a chance.Already a done deal I'm afraid;)

:rolleyes: :D

harpskid
05/11/2005, 11:39 PM
Well done Sligo.

Just don't make the same mistake we did and ye'll be grand. Hope yous do well

sligoman
Hey how good does this feel ??????Pretty dam good considering I put a tenner on them to win it when they were 8-1:) ;)

bluemovie
Yeah it's not the being relegated I was worried about this year, it was the thought of THAT division. I'm going to **** off a lot of people here, but the thought of Athlone, Monaghan, Limerick turns my stomach.

sligoman
06/11/2005, 12:16 AM
Well i Have 50 on at 14/1 with bet 365Fecker!:mad:, wanna trade betting slips?:o :D

MrJoeSoap
06/11/2005, 12:21 AM
Congrats lads, deserved.

dfx-
06/11/2005, 1:20 AM
Of course the new boys will be welcome in the premier division..........

...but I can't help looking forward to how they react upon their first heavy defeat away to Derry or the likes.....:eek: :o :D

Stevo Da Gull
06/11/2005, 1:22 AM
Congratulations lads!

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2005, 9:10 AM
Ya but pity harps are going down...twud be better if a dublin team went down.

Teams go down on de-merit. The fact that Dublin teams are not crap enough to be automatically relegated is hardly their fault. We will try to much worse next year!:rolleyes:

Is this to do with the fact the GUFC were too sh1t to come up per chance?

P.S. Well done Sligo on winning your League.

1 9 2 8
06/11/2005, 9:14 AM
Who will be singing Redzers song next weekend:D
Seán Conner of Belfast Town.

(Air Seán South of Garryowen)
‘Twas a dreary day in noughty four, when Sean Conner came to town
O’Riordan had done his very best, to bring our Red team down,
They had no courage on the field of play; their faces wore a frown.
But, Seán said “ Do not fear for long, as I’ll turn this team around.”

He set about it straight away, he searched both near and far.
“But first I need a number 2, and that man will be Gerry Carr”
A hero from the glory days, way back in ninety four,
And now the man to lead this band, up to the “prem-e-ore.”

He had the basis of a team; he needed just some more.
So, he put his trust in young O’Hara to close tight the door.
With the captain McNamara, and Burns by his side,
Two stalwarts of Conner’s men would stop the rushing tide.

Cretaro with his skill so fine, and O’Donnell from Donegal,
O’Grady, Faz and Foley too, stand up like a brick wall.
Kupono Low one of the best, that you will ever see,
With Flannery attacking strong, with the mighty Paul Mc T.

From now we will hear the cheering sound, of the Bit O’Red
As we march behind the Rovers, with Conner at the head.
Soon we will see the glory days, up in the Showgrounds,
And the man who lead us all the way, is Sean Conner from Belfast Town.

Conor H
06/11/2005, 9:24 AM
Teams go down on de-merit. The fact that Dublin teams are not crap enough to be automatically relegated is hardly their fault. We will try to much worse next year!:rolleyes:

Is this to do with the fact the GUFC were too sh1t to come up per chance?

P.S. Well done Sligo on winning your League.
Oh cop on will ya...ffs most Dublin teams would prefer more non-Dublin teams in there league.BTW what would us been **** have anything to do with my comment.:confused:

shedite
06/11/2005, 10:24 AM
....and we will have a new wall and turnstiles for the Premier Division aswell.

Brilliantly funny :D :D

What an embarassment :rolleyes:

Da Real Rover
06/11/2005, 11:03 AM
What an embarassment :rolleyes:
Oh ya, shocking,:rolleyes:

patsh
06/11/2005, 11:16 AM
Congratulations to Sligo, a fine club and really looking forward to going back to the Showgrounds next season.

What odds DCFC relegating Rovers and exacting revenge on Shoddy? :D

(Though I really, reallly hope that Rovers stay up)

eamoss
06/11/2005, 12:13 PM
Congratulations lads, Happy too see a good side with good fans & ground go up unlike some of the Dublin teams with all of there 3 fans.

Galwayexile
06/11/2005, 12:54 PM
congrats sligo

Hopefully ye will do better than harps in the league next season. What are the chances of ye bagging kevin mchugh now as im sure he doesnt want to leave the area.

sligoman
06/11/2005, 12:56 PM
Hopefully ye will do better than harps in the league next season. What are the chances of ye bagging kevin mchugh now as im sure he doesnt want to leave the area.I'd love to get him but I'd say he'll be with Derry next season:(

Galwayexile
06/11/2005, 1:04 PM
So what players would you like to see at sligo next season

Poor Student
06/11/2005, 1:38 PM
Congratulations Sligo! Something we narrowly missed out on last season. Just don't get too carried away though. 1st Division top three last year: 1 Harps, 2. UCD, 3. Bray. What order of places do they occupy in the Premier this year however?

sligoman
06/11/2005, 3:58 PM
So what players would you like to see at sligo next seasonAlan Cawley, Keith Gilroy, Ciaran Martyn and Kevin McHugh. Realistically out of those four, I'd say Cawley is the only one we could get and we probably wouldn't even get him:(. Although I did hear we might be interested in a few Longford players so maybe he could be one(even though he's only on loan with them)

Maz
06/11/2005, 4:00 PM
Alan Cawley, Keith Gilroy, Ciaran Martyn and Kevin McHugh. Realistically out of those four, I'd say Cawley is the only one we could get and we probably wouldn't even get him:(. Although I did hear we might be interested in a few Longford players so maybe he could be one(even though he's only on loan with them)
Did I hear Sligo were interested in Alan Kirby?

sligoman
06/11/2005, 4:05 PM
Did I hear Sligo were interested in Alan Kirby?I dont know to be honest. I think Myler was mentioned but he's the only name I heard so far

The Stars
06/11/2005, 4:06 PM
you might have...I heard we are after 2 longford lads.

Maz
06/11/2005, 4:07 PM
you might have...I heard we are after 2 longford lads.
Had heard it was Sean Prunty and Alan Kirby although I cant be sure, you know these rumours play havok with people

sligoman
06/11/2005, 4:10 PM
Had heard it was Sean Prunty and Alan Kirby although I cant be sure, you know these rumours play havok with peopleAnd are they any good? and is it likey they'd leave Longford?:confused:

Maz
06/11/2005, 4:13 PM
And are they any good? and is it likey they'd leave Longford?:confused:
Both are good, some might even say great, Thats why I was surprised to hear about Sligo. Whatever about Kirby going, I dont know if Sean is.

The Stars
06/11/2005, 4:15 PM
is kirby the guy in need of a hair cut or am i thinking of someone else?

Maz
06/11/2005, 4:21 PM
is kirby the guy in need of a hair cut or am i thinking of someone else?
No poor Kirby would be in need of the hair. Id say you're thinking of Dessie Baker

sligoman
06/11/2005, 4:23 PM
There's a pic of them here (http://www.longfordtownfc.com/squad04-05_2.htm)

feo123
06/11/2005, 6:21 PM
Congrats to Sligo. By all accounts, you've been the outstanding team in the First Division this year. Hope to be having a trip to the Showgrounds next year even if we have to stop off in Whitehall or Queenstown later this month.

And don't even think about getting Heff back....not a chance.
what do ye think of Heff? has he played well for ye?:confused:

gustavo
06/11/2005, 7:42 PM
Heff was the one shining light for us last year would be great if we could get him

A face
06/11/2005, 8:06 PM
Alan Kirby is possibliy the best player for Longford, great player .... when he left Waterford, alot of people at Cork hoped hed end up leeside, but it wasn't to be !! :o :)

sligoman
06/11/2005, 8:08 PM
Alan Kirby is possibliy the best player for Longford, great player .... when he left Waterford, alot of people at Cork hoped hed end up leeside, but it wasn't to be !! :o :)What position does he play?:confused: Longford's site just says midfield.

A face
06/11/2005, 8:10 PM
What position does he play?:confused: Longford's site just says midfield.

In the middle ... hes is not a winger !!

Maz
06/11/2005, 8:11 PM
Alan Kirby is possibliy the best player for Longford, great player .... when he left Waterford, alot of people at Cork hoped hed end up leeside, but it wasn't to be !! :o :)
True but Kirbs hasnt exactly shined this season.

sligoman
06/11/2005, 8:12 PM
In the middle ... hes is not a winger !!Just what we need, slot in beside O'Grady in the centre:cool:

Red4Eva
06/11/2005, 8:12 PM
he played right midfield&made ****e of us for 25 mins in league cup game this season. looks like ollie keogh

i think SC will be aiming higher than this with his signings tho

sligoman
06/11/2005, 8:15 PM
In the middle ... hes is not a winger !!

he played right midfield&made ****e of us for 25 mins in league cup game this season. looks like ollie keoghCan some Longford fan please say what his best position is:confused:

Maz
06/11/2005, 8:19 PM
Can some Longford fan please say what his best position is:confused:

Right Midfield IMO