PDA

View Full Version : Harps v UCD live commentary online

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 6:49 PM
http://www.oceanfm.ie/ Of interest to a few clubs. Harps are beating UCD 1-0. McHugh.

sligoman
05/11/2005, 6:52 PM
Come on the Harps!:)

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 6:53 PM
How come oceanfm are allowed to cover eL games and Newstalk are not?:confused:

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 6:56 PM
Yes 1-1. Tony Mac!:D

sligoman
05/11/2005, 6:59 PM
The commentators on that are sh!te. He was in the middle of talking about some Sligo Rovers fan that was in Finn Park watching the match and then UCD score,:D, he didn't give the build up to it or anything, just talking and then goes "oh and UCD have scored". That's fcuking cat:rolleyes:

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 7:00 PM
The commentators on that are sh!te. He was in the middle of talking about some Sligo Rovers fan that was in Finn Park watching the match and then UCD score,:D, he didn't give the build up to it or anything, just talking and then goes "oh and UCD have scored". That's fcuking cat:rolleyes:

I know. I almost didn't realise we had scored. You'd swear the goal had come from nowhere.:confused:

sligoman
05/11/2005, 7:03 PM
I know. I almost didn't realise we had scored. You'd swear the goal had come from nowhere.:confused:They're always like that. Ocean FM have always bad commentators, it's the same for our matches too:o :mad:. But then, it's better than nothing

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 7:11 PM
They're always like that. Ocean FM have always bad commentators, it's the same for our matches too:o :mad:. But then, it's better than nothing

They'll be handy for away games against you next year.;)

sligoman
05/11/2005, 7:12 PM
They'll be handy for away games against you next year.;)You mean you wont be travelling to the Showgies?:confused: Shame on you:p

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 7:18 PM
You mean you wont be travelling to the Showgies?:confused: Shame on you:p

Depends on whether I can. The lads speak very highly of the Sligo away trip. God, this is awfully boring. I'm just listening to hear the word goal, I'm taking nothing else in. What an awful duo. The analyst could do with a course of testosterone to fix that voice.:eek:

Schumi
05/11/2005, 7:26 PM
Can't get this to work :( Presume it's down to my poxy web connection. The Harps forum doesn't seem to have its usual updates thread either. :rolleyes: I knew I should have gone to the game!

sligoman
05/11/2005, 7:29 PM
Can't get this to work :( Presume it's down to my poxy web connection.Your not missing much:D . I dont think the commentators actually know much about the match either:rolleyes:

Schumi
05/11/2005, 7:40 PM
I dont think the commentators actually know much about the match either:rolleyes:Still more than I do (unless they don't know our line-up!).

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 7:41 PM
Can't get this to work :( Presume it's down to my poxy web connection. The Harps forum doesn't seem to have its usual updates thread either. :rolleyes: I knew I should have gone to the game!

As Sligoman said, it's crap, you're not missing much. I'll keep you posted on scores.

Here's our lineup:

Quigley, Mahon, O'Donnell, Kenna, Shorthall, McDonnell, Hurley, Dicker, McWalter, Martin, Dupuy.

Subs: Gallagher, Gannon, Willie Doyle, Alan McNally, Harte.

Gannon seems to be on the field from what I hear. Possibly for Hurley as he passed a late fitness test and I don't hear him anymore.

Schumi
05/11/2005, 7:52 PM
Here's our lineup:

Quigley, Mahon, O'Donnell, Kenna, Shorthall, McDonnell, Hurley, Dicker, McWalter, Martin, Dupuy.

Subs: Gallagher, Gannon, Willie Doyle, Alan McNally, Harte.
I got that from my trusty correspondant in the ground (along with both goals so far). If he's anything like me with updates though, I'll find out about a goal 10 mins after it happens at some point though.

sligoman
05/11/2005, 7:53 PM
Harps scored but it was disallowed:eek:

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 7:53 PM
Harps had it in the net but the ref ruled it out.

Schumi
05/11/2005, 8:04 PM
How's the game going? Are we putting them under any pressure?

sligoman
05/11/2005, 8:05 PM
How's the game going? Are we putting them under any pressure?McHugh just hit a great chance wide there but ye have been looking more like scoring than Harps in this half so far

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 8:11 PM
How's the game going? Are we putting them under any pressure?

We're under heavy pressure for the last while.

sligoman
05/11/2005, 8:27 PM
Penalty to UCD:(

EDIT: Goal, 2-1 to UCD. Robbie Martin

The Stars
05/11/2005, 8:29 PM
Cheerio HARPS.

sligoman
05/11/2005, 8:30 PM
Cheerio HARPS.Afraid so, 87th minute:(

Schumi
05/11/2005, 8:30 PM
Yes!!! We're safe if it stays like this! :D

Gannon replaced Hurley earlier and Willie Doyle is on for Damo now. 4 mins to go.

manic da hoop
05/11/2005, 8:31 PM
Get in there!:D

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 8:32 PM
The bloody computer I was using died as we were about to take the peno! We scored. Thank God! Who is top scorer now? Is it still Padge or joint with Martin and Tony Mac?

HarpoJoyce
05/11/2005, 8:35 PM
Robbie Martin scores a second peno against Finn Harps this season.
1-2 UCD . They love us.

dfx-
05/11/2005, 8:35 PM
I suppose I'll take that.....;)

sligoman
05/11/2005, 8:36 PM
Game over, 2-1 final score:(

sligoman
05/11/2005, 8:37 PM
I suppose I'll take that.....;)Yeah, yer brave enough to post here now ya fecker:mad: :p

Schumi
05/11/2005, 8:37 PM
Get in there!:D
Wow, there's pessimism! I'd have thought you'd be looking to catch us rather than escape from Harps.

2-1 FT. :D :D

Poor Student
05/11/2005, 8:38 PM
Robbie Martin scores a second peno against Finn Harps this season.
1-2 UCD . They love us.

Final score. We're on 32 points. 6 ahead of Rovers who've played 1 game less and 4 ahead of Waterford. Level with Pat's and 1 behind Bray. We could finish anywhere from 7th to 11th. We now cannot be relegated straight and playoff position is looking less likely.

dfx-
05/11/2005, 8:40 PM
Yeah, yer brave enough to post here now ya fecker:mad:

Hehehe..:p

Schumi, now we can play our last few games with less pressure and we can look upward rather than checking over shoulder as much.....:)

Schumi
05/11/2005, 8:46 PM
Final score. We're on 32 points. 6 ahead of Rovers who've played 1 game less and 4 ahead of Waterford. Level with Pat's and 1 behind Bray. We could finish anywhere from 7th to 11th. We now cannot be relegated straight and playoff position is looking less likely.
*Takes deep breath*
The only way we can end up in the play-off is if Rovers beat Cork and us, we lose to Longford, Waterford beat whoever they have on the last day and Rovers don't beat Waterford. Any deviation from that and we're fine.

HarpoJoyce
05/11/2005, 8:50 PM
It's just..... how can we make it up to Finn Harps.

Is there anything UCD can do now 'til the end of the season to help Harps avoid the straight drop?

dfx-
05/11/2005, 8:55 PM
Nope nothing UCD can do now..they've gone and ruined Finn Harps' season..how nasty of you.......;) :D

Red4Eva
05/11/2005, 8:57 PM
fcuk ye anyway harps. wud have loved a premier derby. hopefully we'll learn from yer mistakes this season. enjoy station road, golden island park&all da other sh*tholes

The Stars
05/11/2005, 10:36 PM
we will have a Premier derby next year....in Derry.CHAMPIONAS....

Speranza
06/11/2005, 12:17 AM
I feel strange about Harps going down. When I was in Waterford two seasons ago I would have been disconselate had we gone down. On the other hand I have no respect for the club and really believe that Sligo will offer more to the premier (even though their attendances are clearly exagerated). This was always going to happen despite some claims that they could get into Europe :eek: by delusionary bogmen.

Will miss the classic derbies and no offence but Sligo just isn't a derby to me. I have no reason to hate SRFC.

sligoman
06/11/2005, 12:20 AM
(even though their attendances are clearly exagerated):rolleyes:,What are you on about?:confused:. Have you been to any Sligo Rovers game this season? If not, then what are you on about?

I have no reason to hate SRFC.Plenty of time for that yet;). Ah no, Derry wont be a derby for me either, sure I like ye and I want ye to win the league too.

Speranza
06/11/2005, 1:21 AM
Haven't been to any of the matches but I don't believe that a First division club would pull in those numbers.

Glad to see you come up, good ground, good support and good history, more than can be said for some...

sligoman
06/11/2005, 1:30 AM
Haven't been to any of the matches but I don't believe that a First division club would pull in those numbers.So, just out of interest, what would you say is the average crowd we're getting at the moment?:confused:

Glad to see you come up, good ground, good support and good history, more than can be said for some...Name and shame them please:D

CollegeTillIDie
06/11/2005, 8:56 AM
fcuk ye anyway harps. wud have loved a premier derby. hopefully we'll learn from yer mistakes this season. enjoy station road, golden island park&all da other sh*tholes
Don't be like that you have lots of Premier Division ones to visit next season instead ....:p

Schumi
07/11/2005, 12:45 PM
It's just..... how can we make it up to Finn Harps.

Is there anything UCD can do now 'til the end of the season to help Harps avoid the straight drop?I know how you feel! I suppose if we beat Rovers in the last game and maybe sacrifice some goats that Rovers and Waterford lose the rest of their games too. :D

John83
08/11/2005, 11:03 AM
I know how you feel! I suppose if we beat Rovers in the last game and maybe sacrifice some goats that Rovers and Waterford lose the rest of their games too. :D
If Rovers don't beat Waterford, they can't catch us. If they do beat them Waterford can't catch us.

Schumi
08/11/2005, 1:04 PM
If Rovers don't beat Waterford, they can't catch us. If they do beat them Waterford can't catch us.
This is so Harps can catch them. Keep up. :D

bigmac
08/11/2005, 1:13 PM
This is so Harps can catch them. Keep up. :D

WE'll beat Rovers on Friday and you can beat them next week - at least that'll give harps a fighting chance.

carrickharp
08/11/2005, 2:37 PM
Good on ye lads;) we will probably blow it all and not win against Drogs on Friday:(