PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Scenes Tonight

Vitruvian Man
04/11/2005, 11:24 PM
No, not the reports that the Rovers fans reverted to type and started flinging stuff around just because their team lost.

The shocking news came to me today that Stephen "Digger" O'Brien is hanging up his gloves at the end of the season.

The last EL player with any personality or entertainment value is leaving us.

A sad day indeed.

A face
04/11/2005, 11:27 PM
Hes going to Kilkenny .... or maybe not !!

He has got a nice website !!

Bosco
04/11/2005, 11:42 PM
He announced his retirement at the start of the season but now seems to be changing his mind and might be going to killkenny.Witnessed some intoxicated members of the BSC trying to remember the words of the umpa-lumpa song tonight

CharlesThompson
05/11/2005, 7:44 AM
Just a short note about Stephen O'Brien:

The lad is top quality! At last nights game his team is on the attack in the second half - the game was pure muck btw - he's defending the Des Kelly Stand end and sections G & F start with the "Are you small or far away" chant. Digger nearly ****es himself laughing and then to accentuate his smallness, he gets down on both knees and waves to the crowd. One of the funniest things I've witnessed on the pitch of a top class game of football.*

* By top class I don't mean brilliant.

Dodge
05/11/2005, 8:12 AM
He's always, always up for a laugh. Think he'd be the favourite away keepr for every fan in the country. Top keeper too.

Passive
05/11/2005, 10:12 AM
No, not the reports that the Rovers fans reverted to type and started flinging stuff around just because their team lost.

:rolleyes:

It just wouldn't be a foot.ie thread without someone making up ****e about Rovers.

ccfcman
05/11/2005, 10:38 AM
Just a short note about Stephen O'Brien:

The lad is top quality! At last nights game his team is on the attack in the second half - the game was pure muck btw - he's defending the Des Kelly Stand end and sections G & F start with the "Are you small or far away" chant. Digger nearly ****es himself laughing and then to accentuate his smallness, he gets down on both knees and waves to the crowd. One of the funniest things I've witnessed on the pitch of a top class game of football.*

* By top class I don't mean brilliant.

True words, hes always good for a dance in front of the shed too :)

A face
05/11/2005, 2:11 PM
:rolleyes:

It just wouldn't be a foot.ie thread without someone making up ****e about Rovers.

And no other forum has threads about Rovers ?? :rolleyes:

Dr.Nightdub
05/11/2005, 5:09 PM
Vitruvian and Passive are both half right. A couple of the more neanderthal hoops did start heaving furniture about, not cos they lost, but cos some Pats idiot with "I hate Rovers" on the back of his jersey was taunting them at full time and left himself too much ground to cover to make a safe getaway.

It was over in seconds cos the stewards dealt with it, but no doubt this'll turn into another 9-page thread by the end of which Richmond was reduced to a pile of smoking rubble, the Dublin area Major Emergency Plan was put into effect, the National Guard were called out and martial law was declared in Dublin 8. :rolleyes:

Martinho II
05/11/2005, 5:24 PM
digger will be much missed. Section Os all time hero! noone will ever compare to himself!

harry crumb
05/11/2005, 5:49 PM
First time i'd seen horses at an Eircom League match.:D

No trouble as far as I could see. Pats and Rovers fans were drinking together in McDowells and together at the camac side cheering together.

There is always a few idiots.

Also, can I say well done to the scummy little knackers who did there usual mocking as we walked past McDowells. Like Clockwork;)

harry crumb
05/11/2005, 5:49 PM
same as above

shedite
05/11/2005, 8:51 PM
Yeah sent him an e-mail when I heard about his retirement and he sent me a nice personal reply. Best fun player of my era definately

Munchie
06/11/2005, 10:54 AM
also at the bohs v longford game we started chanting "you'll never touch the crossbar" and o'brien ran back to his line and jumped at the cross bar, from where i was it looked like he missed but someone informed me that he had got the faintest of touches! a great goalkeeper,great personality and always great fun! will be truly missed, an absolute legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snoop Drog
07/11/2005, 8:20 PM
[QUOTE=harry crumb]First time i'd seen horses at an Eircom League match.:D

[QUOTE]

First time for horses but donkey centre backs are a regular occurence...

Wiseguy
08/11/2005, 9:06 AM
It's a shame he's leaving alright.A true gentleman and a great ambassador for the game.He was also blessed with incredible ability and surely has been one of the best keepers ever in the league.Saved our arse more times and will always be remembered fondly by all EL fans.

Mr A
08/11/2005, 9:33 AM
martial law was declared in Dublin 8

About damn time.