PDA

View Full Version : rovers 4 monaghan 0

red arrow
04/11/2005, 11:10 PM
great win tonight , was not at the match but celebrratedwth a bottle of RED WINE. fair play to all that travelled , yee are the genuine supporters , im delighted for one and all. i tuned into ocean fm and it was great to hear the singing sounded as if there was at least a 1000 supporting the bit of red. apparently ogrady was massive i also noted that it was all original sligo players that scored. played for the jersey i say ( i know mctiernan is from boyle ) just in case anybody gets to sensitive. we are very lucky that he came back into the team. without tempting fate but if we win next weekend where is the party going to be. the facts are that if COBH are beat sat night and we win next week we are CHAMPIONES . i dont want to create to much confidence but i would love to have a few drinks with the players and all genuine supporters. i better go to bed the bit o red wine is going to my head

The Stars
04/11/2005, 11:43 PM
best away game of the season both in terms of performance and support.
we sang the whole way through the match which helped the players no end.
Created chances in the first half but couldnt finish them.Different story in the second though,every time we attacked we looked like we were gonna score.
McT got the ball rolling after breaking through the mons rear gaurd ,rounding a defender and then the keeper and finishing with his left.Raf cut inside the same defnder twice before letting fly with his left.McTs second was from a long ball played up,controlled well,ran into the box and slid it past the keeper into the bottom corner.The Flang then scored in the last minute with a powerful shot from the left side of the box.

Da Real Rover
04/11/2005, 11:50 PM
Cant complain, 4-0. First half was same old crap but jaysus the players more than made up fpr it in the second half. Everyone was massive and most of all, Saint Paul ( hes not from Boyle, just went to school and played for Boyle Celtic, hes actually from somewhere near Boyle in county sligo ). Sang me heart out tonight, no voice left but im just deleghted, we're going to win this league.

gustavo
05/11/2005, 12:00 AM
ggreat win , i thought every player was fantastic especially in the second half ,ciaran foley must be the most improved player of the year , really good atmosphere must have been 90 percent rovers support. Paul is from Ballyfarnon which is in Roscommon!

sligoman
05/11/2005, 12:02 AM
Definetely worth the trip. With all the chances we created we could have won the game 10-0. At half time, I would have been happy with a 1-0 win cos it didn't seem to be our night, we were creating the chances but just couldn't score them. But whatever happened at half time, it worked. One of the best performances I've seen by us in a long time. Monaghan didn't get a sniff of a chance in the second half. Every one of them players gave their all tonight but I think special mention deserves to go to Ciaran Foley and Conor O'Grady. What a midfield pairing, fantastic tonight and both deserve praise. Ian Rossiter also played well again. He has been improving in recent weeks so hopefully it will continue til the end of the season. The support tonight was great too. Well done to all who sang. Roll on Athlone:cool:

Shiba
05/11/2005, 12:41 AM
Cant complain, 4-0. First half was same old crap but jaysus the players more than made up fpr it in the second half. Everyone was massive and most of all, Saint Paul ( hes not from Boyle, just went to school and played for Boyle Celtic, hes actually from somewhere near Boyle in county sligo ). .
Just to set ya straigth not that it matters.He is from Ballyfarnon (Roscommon):) but did play his football with Boyle Celtic

Da Real Rover
05/11/2005, 9:31 AM
Just to set ya straigth not that it matters.He is from Ballyfarnon (Roscommon):) but did play his football with Boyle Celtic
I stand corrected but he is still not from Boyle, doesnt matter anyway because we're going to win the league.

Rambler1
05/11/2005, 10:01 AM
im just deleghted, we're going to win this league.Not quite over yet.....

The Stars
05/11/2005, 10:11 AM
if ye dont win tonight it is over

Rory H
05/11/2005, 10:58 AM
last night i think we had accepted it was all over

:D

good times

ps..i know im stealing this catchphrase but foley is god:D

feo123
05/11/2005, 1:48 PM
Great result, great performance.:) All 13 that played gave 110% and played for the shirt! Sang my heart out and had a splitin headache from roarin after the goals! Great to score another 4 goals aswell...and could have easily scored 3 or 4 more!! Ciaran, Conor and raf deserve a special mention and paul for gettin us on our way with the 1st goal! Will miss goin to monaghan next season but we must not be complacent and we have to beat athlone next week!:D

sligoman
05/11/2005, 1:58 PM
without tempting fate but if we win next weekend where is the party going to be. i dont want to create to much confidence but i would love to have a few drinks with the players and all genuine supporters.Has the trust organised something?:confused:

Red Soldier
05/11/2005, 6:31 PM
He played youth football for Sligo/leitrim and boyle celtic play in the Sligo/leitrim league so hes a glorified Sligo man!

sligoman
05/11/2005, 6:48 PM
No he is not a Sligo man he is from Ballymahon i think ! Or is that the Gaelic team but he is from Roscommon for sure !

Ballyfarnon i meanWhy didn't you just edit yer original post instead of doing another one?:confused:

Anyway, who gives a fook about where's he's from. Talk about the match for feck sake :rolleyes:

Conor H
06/11/2005, 11:46 AM
Sligo will win the first division, we will beat Cobh at home.
But we are playing them away.