PDA

View Full Version : W'ford 2-2 Cork City

ccfcman
04/11/2005, 11:53 AM
Righto We're leaving in two hours or so but any ideas of numbers, some say 2500 but I think thats ridiculous, a nice 1500 to scare the shi*e outta Wahherfurhth!

We'll all say hi to the man who some say, "Who ate all the pies", whereas I'd stump for "Who sold all the players"

Waterford 0 - 3 City [Though I've no idea where we'll score from!]

Risteard
04/11/2005, 12:00 PM
No chance of 2,500. I was hopeing of well over 1,000.

But lots mightn't like the idea of standing behind ten people on a running track in the recent weather so i'd say near enough to 1,000.

ccfcgirl
04/11/2005, 1:17 PM
Id say it will be our most travelling support this season . Cant wait .

Risteard
04/11/2005, 2:40 PM
God, you're so active and excited today, aren't ya Jimmy boy?
Must be the biggest day of the year for ya, is it?

rebs23
04/11/2005, 3:20 PM
Has anyone else found themselves returning to prayer over the last few days?

A face
04/11/2005, 6:43 PM
dont bother. match is called off..

Ah Jimmy ... dont be like that !! :p

blobbyblob
04/11/2005, 6:54 PM
1-0 waherford

gowan da blues.lol

blobbyblob
04/11/2005, 7:22 PM
da blues down to 10 men

Schunter Netz
04/11/2005, 8:35 PM
All over in Blahland. We're having trouble beating ten men lining the goal, it seems. Okay, so we're going to have to beat Shels and Derry to win this league. So be it. The games against struggling hoofers were always going to be dodgier for us. When it comes down to vital games against football teams, I fancy Cork to come out on top. Shels away, we're not going to lose to them. And if there is anything to play for against Derry in the last game we will do it. Remember when the season schedule was announced how hard done by we felt about all the away games against 'big' dublin teams? We've won them all, and the last two games will still win the league for us.

joeSoap
04/11/2005, 8:50 PM
Bad night at the office for ye. FatPat gets his jollies at RSC. Still...sets up a HUGE finale providing ye don't screw up any more. Any chance ye'd move it to Pairc ui Chaoimh cos the whole countrys gonna want to see the last game v Derry.

A face
04/11/2005, 9:19 PM
All over in Blahland. We're having trouble beating ten men lining the goal, it seems. Okay, so we're going to have to beat Shels and Derry to win this league. So be it. The games against struggling hoofers were always going to be dodgier for us. When it comes down to vital games against football teams, I fancy Cork to come out on top. Shels away, we're not going to lose to them. And if there is anything to play for against Derry in the last game we will do it. Remember when the season schedule was announced how hard done by we felt about all the away games against 'big' dublin teams? We've won them all, and the last two games will still win the league for us.

You said it chief .... you said it !! :D :p

A face
04/11/2005, 9:25 PM
Bad night at the office for ye. FatPat gets his jollies at RSC. Still...sets up a HUGE finale providing ye don't screw up any more. Any chance ye'd move it to Pairc ui Chaoimh cos the whole countrys gonna want to see the last game v Derry.

Fatrick didnt his jollies at all .... he is long gone from our club and is now mascarading as a demented nutjob, obsessed with City, the guy is a few sandwiches short of his picnic.

Do you read his column today ?? .... ffs

All eyes on the last game providing we sort it out !!
Got all you could expect from a derby though .... buildup, goals, atmosphere, down to the last ... great stuff !!

BillyG
04/11/2005, 10:45 PM
Ah sure Cork have Rico.........biggest bottler since Coca Cola..... ;) and Waterford have Dolan...biggest spoof on planet. What will waterford be renamed....The Sleeping Giant Army :p .

A face
04/11/2005, 10:51 PM
Ah sure Cork have Rico.........biggest bottler since Coca Cola..... ;) and Waterford have Dolan...biggest spoof on planet. What will waterford be renamed....The Sleeping Giant Army :p .

Here he is on seven posts ... you're a legend !! :rolleyes:

BillyG
04/11/2005, 10:57 PM
:o thats the best you can come back with. i am disappointed. mister 7234 posts ;)

A face
04/11/2005, 11:12 PM
thats the best you can come back with. i am disappointed. mister 7234 posts

Billy fúcking Gean is it ?? :p

You're wacko .... go jack off oh ... ya clown !! :D

Rambler1
05/11/2005, 8:47 AM
Cmon City, ye can and should still win it...bad night but only way around that is to go on and show em why you are top all year in your remaining games...

BillyG
05/11/2005, 9:12 AM
Billy fĂșcking Gean is it ??

You're wacko .... go jack off oh ... ya clown !!

Original. :ball: now back to football. Cork may go on and win the league but at present they look like blowing it. And Mr Sleeping Giant Army (Waterford) Dolan is at least half a slice pan short of a picnic :)

Dodge
05/11/2005, 9:17 AM
is now mascarading as a demented nutjob
He's not mascarding as a demented nutjob, he is a demented nutjob. Fiercely amusing he is too.

Anway BillyG is old school el internet poster and is damn right :)

ccfcman
05/11/2005, 10:28 AM
I wouldnt be so optomistic, we can afford to lose to shels providing we beat Rovers on Monday night, then it all comes down to the last day at the Cross :)

And with Shels current run of form compared to ouyrs, I would think it will pan out that way.

Also last night i was appaulled at WUFC in general.

1) All "300" Stand tickets were sold out before the game and apparently all the kids were too, yet you could still buy dults tickets :rolleyes: [whats it like to see a crowd]

2) We ended up standing, no big deal, but in order to do that we had to be at the Cork City end of the ground, rather than being up on top of the soaking and muddy grass opposite the Main Stand, now I've been that that sh*t hole many a time and never have the crush barriers [aptly named] bennn 40 yards from the play, you'd think they would have brough them in a bit so peole could get closer to the damn game and keep dry/

3) As I said the majority of City fans who were lied to, [the ticket situation for the stands was bullsh*t and Waterford Village know it] massed behind the goal City defended in the first half, but two fellas from Waterford decided to go there too, right up at the barrier, no hassle we thought, ya they celebrated their goals and such but that was ok, until one of em started swinging a shagging umbrella in the face of a child [now people dont say this wasnt happening cos it damn well hit me] , his acomplace [surely out on bail!] was just as argy bargy and threatening, 3 young kids here all along mind, anyway long story short the steward [note NOT Garda] settled it and the two pikeys weren't long getting back to their council houses.

Shocking club, terrible result, send us a postcard from Monaghan you feeble inbreds :)

blutil
05/11/2005, 12:53 PM
Shocking club, terrible result, send us a postcard from Monaghan you feeble inbreds :)

you can put it in your empty trophy cabinet when you get it ;)

Partizan
05/11/2005, 4:42 PM
you can put it in your empty trophy cabinet when you get it ;)

The cabinet is opened once a year when the C/\wk go all out for the Blue Ribbon of Munster football..........

The Munster Senior Cup.

Maybe thats why they call themselves the biggest club in Munster. :D

razor
05/11/2005, 5:42 PM
We were absolutely raped again last night. The ref had no control of the game and was waving cards out like there was no tomorrow. The penalty was a stonewall dive.

A supreme example of the refs competence was when the Waterford keeper had the ball in his hands, bounced the ball it stuck dead in the mud and he picks it up again and the ref allows him to play on. You can only laugh.
The midget linesman on the stand side had no clue either, the rule that the ball has to be completely over the line before he can flag is wasted on him.
2 trips to the RSC. One late penalty and one early penalty, me smells a rat, or maybe the smell was Jim O'Neill.

blutil
05/11/2005, 5:58 PM
A supreme example of the refs competence was when the Waterford keeper had the ball in his hands, bounced the ball it stuck dead in the mud and he picks it up again and the ref allows him to play on.

yeah saw that alright. thought the ref was shocking !

Fermoy Blue
05/11/2005, 8:50 PM
A few obvious points about last night,Dolan will always motivate teams to get results,Richardson will never win a league,chairmen who hire and fire know damnall about football,in yer case he should go back to what he is good at,peeling and frying spuds-Anyways looks like ye have had yer chips again this year!

Colm
05/11/2005, 9:02 PM
A few obvious points about last night,Dolan will always motivate teams to get results,Richardson will never win a league,chairmen who hire and fire know damnall about football,in yer case he should go back to what he is good at,peeling and frying spuds-Anyways looks like ye have had yer chips again this year!

Dolan doesn't give a flying fcuk about Waterford. FACT.

Cheerio now!

patsh
06/11/2005, 11:26 AM
When WUFC learn that there is more to a season that the 3 games against City, they might actually start getting somewhere in this league.

Mental Man
06/11/2005, 11:33 AM
Of course there is more to the season than playing Cork a couple of times but we love it when we deny ye the points ye badly want.
Can we play ye every time?:D

patsh
07/11/2005, 7:20 AM
You can play us anytime you want.
We feel it's nice that we can help out a small, struggling club and bring enough people to the game to help them survive for another few months...of course we can only give you one gate next season, so it's out with the buckets on the Rice bridge until then I suppose.....