PDA

View Full Version : Bohemians 1-0 Longford Town

Maz
04/11/2005, 8:49 PM
Well another loss and not a great match from what I have heard.
Also gotta txt saying it was another og by Barry, is this true?

Bosco
04/11/2005, 11:47 PM
Farrelys shot took a wicked deflection,wasnt sure who it came off but it was probably barry.A dull enough match.1st half didnt even look interested as usual,last 15 mins or so really got going and were unlucky not to atleast get a draw

Maz
05/11/2005, 1:36 PM
4 games, O goals scored and 9 conceeded!

Maz
05/11/2005, 1:36 PM
Bohs climb to fourth Taken from Here (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/longfordtown/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=19834)

November 4, 2005

Bohemians 1-0 Longford Town
Bohemians climbed to fourth place in the Premier Division table with victory over Longford Town at Dalymount Park on Friday night.

The only goal of the game came from Gypsies player-manager Gareth Farrelly midway through the first half.

The former Irish international picked up possession from Kevin Hunt’s pass, but his shot seemed covered by Town keeper Stephen O’Brien but for Danny O’Connor’s fateful intervention, the deflection gave O’Brien no chance.

Bohs’ injury worries increased when Irish under-21 international forward Stephen Ward limped off before the break.

Tony Grant had a chance to extend the home side’s lead after half-time, but O’Brien was quickly off his line to deny the former Shamrock Rovers man.

Town pressed for an equalizer late on, but they were unable to end their run of disappointing results – Alan Matthews’s side’s recent record now reads four straight defeats without registering a single goal.

Bohemians: Gregg, Rice, Oman, Collins, Keddy, Harkin, Hunt, Farrelly, O’Brien, Grant, Ward.

Longford Town: O’Brien, O’Connor, Ferguson, Dillon, Prunty, Gough, Fitzgerald, Martin, Kirby, Baker, Keegan.

Referee: A. Buttimer (Cork).

Maz
06/11/2005, 6:55 PM
Bitterly, bitterly disappointing. We had by far more chances - nine in total. How did Prunts abd Dessie miss ?? God, we've absolutely no luck this season. UCD get a 'no-penalty' in the 94th minute. We REALLY should have got something Friday night. Sickening to look at Farrelly afterwards in the bar - his 'goal' went in off Danny's ar$e ............ poxy as fcuk . jammy gits ...........
We were given a 2nd chance to beat UCD and we didnt infact we were terrible and beaten fair and square. Jammy? Were Shels jammy to beat us 2-0, Harps 5-0, I dont know I commend you for being so optimistic but really we have been terrible this season and changes are needed

RonnieB
07/11/2005, 10:46 AM
It also in a way sums up our season, our inability to finish off chances.

Macy
07/11/2005, 10:49 AM
It also in a way sums up our season, our inability to finish off chances.
Just this season or our entire time in the premier? Same old same old, but I really don't know where we go to solve that chestnut. Every supposed "proven goalscorer" has failed in the same way. Only possible is McHugh, and even then it's pushing it saying we've a chance of signing him.

Wiseguy
08/11/2005, 9:12 AM
If we had a shot more often instead off trying the work the ball to the goal line we might reap some rewards.We are to shot shy for reasons i can't figure out.

Sonic
09/11/2005, 10:42 AM
Agree wholeheartedly. Maybe its a lack of confidence ??

Maybe matthews could tell them to shoot. I dont buy the confidence thing copon its always been like that from the start of the season.

Ronnie
09/11/2005, 1:20 PM
Ay Sonic- anyone remember Glentoran and Waterford, first two games of the season? We wasted our chances, they took theirs.

Wiseguy
09/11/2005, 2:36 PM
At times we take way to much out of the ball.I have gone to about 90% of the Town games this season and my opinion is based on that.We should be having a shot more often instead of trying 1 - 2's in the box.At least with Dave Mooney we have someone who try and beat his man and have a shot instead of looking for the easy way out.We also need more leaders on the field.The heads drop to easy when we go behind and that needs to change.It's a shame about Alan Cawley because when he did play he was good and always wanted the ball.To often the ball in thrown/kicked down the line and we give away posession.These are some of the things i hope we improve on next season.

RonnieB
10/11/2005, 8:16 AM
Christ yes, Mooney should be starting every game imho. He isnt afraid to have a shot and is handy at taking on and beating people.