PDA

View Full Version : Dolan has the last laugh??

Pages : [1] 2

joeSoap
04/11/2005, 8:46 PM
2-2.....Waterford cost Cork the league...Dolan laughs his ass off....all probable now I'm afraid for the Cork boys....:ball:

Speranza
04/11/2005, 8:53 PM
Although it is not over yet I feel extremly confident of us being crowned chapions come the 18th. Cork may well have got a draw tonight but that standard of play will be found out against ourselves and $hels. Any Cork fan who says we are not in a better position is a liar!

headtheball
04/11/2005, 9:06 PM
Although it is not over yet I feel extremly confident of us being crowned chapions come the 18th. Cork may well have got a draw tonight but that standard of play will be found out against ourselves and $hels. Any Cork fan who says we are not in a better position is a liar!

We are on fire at the right time of the season...Hope Cork enjoy their trips to Dalymount and Tolka this week,as the circus is coming to town on the 18th.:)

A face
04/11/2005, 9:07 PM

I wasn't got to start heralding our greatness from the heights in fairness, it would have been better if we won ... Dolan has the last laugh .... not a chance .... the comedy left our club a while back, he IS the joke ... and he has been found out to be a hypocrite. Pontificating all that sh!te how we must all rally around to improve the league and look what he does ... the man is a joke in all fairness ....but thats another thread/day.

Lads ... Derry are not home and dry ... Monday will tell for us ... but if we win ... its not like we'll turn up at Shels and roll over .... we had 1200+ for a game there last year and rocked the place ..... it will be a good game .... on Setanta too !!

Good close to the season all must admit !!

joeSoap
04/11/2005, 9:10 PM
Lads ... Derry are not home and dry ... Monday will tell for us ... but if we win ... its not like we'll turn up at Shels and roll over .... we had 1200+ for a game there last year and rocked the place ..... it will be a good game .... on Setanta too !!

Cracking close to the season...super stuff. Hopefully it will generate some badly needed hype and publicity the game needs. Well done Cork, Derry and to a lesser extent Shels(who will still be in the hunt if they beat Cork) for making this the most memorable season in a very long time.:ball:

Mr A
04/11/2005, 9:25 PM
Dolan may not have had the last laugh, but on 2k a week and a 30k bonus if Waterford stay up he'll definately be laughing all the way to the bank!

headtheball
04/11/2005, 9:27 PM
I wasn't got to start heralding our greatness from the heights in fairness, it would have been better if we won ... Dolan has the last laugh .... not a chance .... the comedy left our club a while back, he IS the joke ... and he has been found out to be a hypocrite. Pontificating all that sh!te how we must all rally around to improve the league and look what he does ... the man is a joke in all fairness ....but thats another thread/day.

We are looking to beat St Pats first and foremost.Then we will be going to Cork to win the league.What Cork do in between doesn't bother us now,as our destiny is in our own hands and we are lovin it...:):p

A face
04/11/2005, 9:33 PM
as our destiny is in our own hands and we are lovin it...:p

Ha ha .... !! :p

Poetry ..... fúcking poetry !! :D

Jimmy's_head
04/11/2005, 9:47 PM
Ha ha .... !! :p

Poetry ..... fúcking poetry !! :D

TBH I Still think Cork are gonna win it. Coming back twice from a goal behind tonight in a red hot derby match is a fair result for them

A face
04/11/2005, 9:55 PM
TBH I Still think Cork are gonna win it. Coming back twice from a goal behind tonight in a red hot derby match is a fair result for them

And a peno in the first fúcking minute like ... whats that about ??
It aint over until ..... well ..... until its over !! :D

Jimmy's_head
04/11/2005, 10:00 PM
And a peno in the first fúcking minute like ... whats that about ??
It aint over until ..... well ..... until its over !! :D

to be fair the red card was fairly stupid. Well the first yellow anyway. For time wasting in the middle of the first half. Blues player was waiting for the 4th official to sort out something with the city bench (right beside where he was taking the free)

Also Fenn should have got a slap for not returning the ball after Packie Holden had deliberately cleared into touch to allow the injured Vinny Sullivan (3 goals in 3 games :D ) recieve attention. Bad Bad form in any game.

Wille 'Judas' Bruton got a rousing reception. :D

dcfcsteve
04/11/2005, 10:00 PM
Dolan may not have had the last laugh, but on 2k a week and a 30k bonus if Waterford stay up he'll definately be laughing all the way to the bank!

£30k bonus for staying up ??? :eek:

I thought Waterford were fecked for cash ??

Jimmy's_head
04/11/2005, 10:03 PM
£30k bonus for staying up ??? :eek:

I thought Waterford were fecked for cash ??

Its coming from a private individual. The money is in no way associated with the club. Hence why Gerry O Brien cant get his grubby little mits on it :D

sfc red
04/11/2005, 10:10 PM
Shels(who will still be in the hunt if they beat Cork)

Shels cannot now mathematically win the league

Roverstillidie
04/11/2005, 10:15 PM

thats cheered me up a bit on this dire evening for football.... :D

sfc red
04/11/2005, 10:27 PM
He who laughs last laughs loudest, and I'm gonna be laughing very fúckin loud when Rovers bow out to the might of Cobh Ramblers

A face
04/11/2005, 10:38 PM
He who laughs last laughs loudest, and I'm gonna be laughing very fúckin loud when Rovers bow out to the might of Cobh Ramblers

ho ho .. the knives are out now !! :p
Dont look good for Rovers to be fair !!

Mr A
04/11/2005, 10:50 PM
Its coming from a private individual. The money is in no way associated with the club. Hence why Gerry O Brien cant get his grubby little mits on it :D

Still, that is serious money to be throwing at a man who may not even be there next season. It's all money that could have gone into developing the club that's been gambled for short term results, albeit probably successfully.

shedite
04/11/2005, 11:02 PM
Any Cork fan who says we are not in a better position is a liar!

Cork need 7 points from 9 and we're champions. If 3 of them come against Derry then we only need 4 from 9.

Derry need 6 from 6 AND hope City slip up.

How does that put derry in a better position :rolleyes:

Yeah calculated it on the way home in the car. Best Shels can hope for is to win both thier games (which would give them 69 points). If Cork lose to Rovers and Shels they would be on 67 and if derry loose to Pats next week they would be on 69 going into the last game but someone HAS to get something there, so either City win, giving them 70, Derry win, giving them 72 or there's a draw, which would lift Derry to 70.

Fair play to Shels though. Fought back well. Next season will be interesting

sfc red
04/11/2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah very true, last year we won it with 68 with 3 games less, so fair play Cork and Derry

bluemovie
04/11/2005, 11:34 PM
Also Fenn should have got a slap for not returning the ball after Packie Holden had deliberately cleared into touch to allow the injured Vinny Sullivan (3 goals in 3 games :D ) recieve attention. Bad Bad form in any game.

I've always had a lot of time for Rico and think he generally conducts himself in a fair and professional manner. I can't believe he let a team of his do that. Vinny was really struggling (taken off shortly after so it wasn't Rennie-style play-acting), Holden put the ball out for the attention to come on. On receiving the throw-in, Fenn positively tore towards the goal when the Blues were expecting a modicum of decency from Cork. What a tosser. It was right in front of the Cork bench so Rico was obviously happy with him.

Still, you can't expect the kind of courtesy and respect from Cork that Derry are so famous for.

Soko
04/11/2005, 11:41 PM
I don't agree one bit. Theres far too much play acting by teams like Waterford who are hanging on for a point and a time comes when enough is enough. He got up after barely being touched and was promptly orded by team mates to go back down. In this case I have no sympathy for time wasters as was fine, play away and suffer the consequences for your time wasting tactics.

blutil
04/11/2005, 11:47 PM
He had cramp in his legs from running his ** off. it wasnt time wasting as he went off pretty much straight after. even if he was time wasting, waterford gave the ball to cork (throw in) to let attention come on, in which case cork should give it back, sportsmanship perhaps.

Speranza
05/11/2005, 12:10 AM
shedite, you can present all the mathmatical ways you want but in the end you have to play $hels who are on fire and then us. You have stuttered for weeks and have no out and out goal-scorer. I would be very nervous if I was you.

Soko
05/11/2005, 12:15 AM
shedite, you can present all the mathmatical ways you want but in the end you have to play $hels who are on fire and then us. You have stuttered for weeks and have no out and out goal-scorer. I would be very nervous if I was you.

Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.

EnDai
05/11/2005, 12:21 AM
Delighted with tonights results., hopefully we can take 3 points from Cork and edge the title towards Derry some more.

If Cork draw with Rovers, lose to Derry and Shels, and Shels win against Bohs - if my calculations are correct; We have 1) Derry 2) Shels 3) Cork :D :D :D

dcfcsteve
05/11/2005, 12:30 AM
Delighted with tonights results., hopefully we can take 3 points from Cork and edge the title towards Derry some more.

If Cork draw with Rovers, lose to Derry and Shels, and Shels win against Bohs - if my calculations are correct; We have 1) Derry 2) Shels 3) Cork :D :D :D

Are Shels fans planning to head over to Dalymount to cheer on Rovers on Monday (he said, expecting numerous gags about the general number of Shels fans...) ?

EnDai
05/11/2005, 12:36 AM
I'd like to, but ain't goin' unless some more go too! ;) Not going on my own to that one...!!

Cosmo
05/11/2005, 1:02 AM
I said a while ago on here london, sorry i mean derry, would win the league - still stand by that.

In drogs favour if cork win it - but fair play to derry (as much as i hate to say it)

Speranza
05/11/2005, 1:26 AM
I am starting to like your huge jealous infatuation with a club who have history of winning and one which isn't propped up by one of two fat cats (and still can't get success) because it is bringing out such original humour. Your comment about Londonderry is genius, it really is amazing :rolleyes:

corkharps
05/11/2005, 1:27 AM
No Cosmo, No! Life's too short!:mad:

fitzknows
05/11/2005, 2:12 AM
It's amazing. Derry last won the league in 1997. Cork last won it in 1993. Yet every neutral seems to be rooting for Derry. Well maybe not so amazing really given all the arrogance coming from some quarters. Fair play to Pat Dolan. He took Cork City along way even though alot of the natives refuse to recognise his contribution now. 3rd in a 2 horse race would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Real ale Madrid
05/11/2005, 9:18 AM

And what "standard of play" are you refering to there, I dont mind Derry fans being confident - but Cork continue to play well even on a bad pitch last night - and but for the loss of our key striker would be still be far and away in a better position. Cork played well again last night - got the ball on the ground and passed it - got it wide - created plenty of chances and but for a fantastic performance from Packie Holden (Derry should know all about him) and the crossbar City would have won last night.

In all likelihood its going to go to the last game - so both teams have an equal chance, may the best team win from here, but please lads lets stick to the facts. We see on the last day who will be "found out".

MariborKev
05/11/2005, 9:45 AM
Cork need 7 points from 9 and we're champions. If 3 of them come against Derry then we only need 4 from 9.

Derry need 6 from 6 AND hope City slip up.

How does that put derry in a better position :rolleyes:

I don't know what class you are in at school but brush up on your matches.

If Derry get six form six it means they will win the league, as cork can't get seven from nine in that case.

Dodge
05/11/2005, 9:51 AM

LOL. PLease see signature...

Oh and Cork did the same to Pats last week when Ryan put the ball out for one of our players to receive attention.

C'mon Derry!

joeSoap
05/11/2005, 10:33 AM
Is there any way at all it could end dead even after the final game...thus ensuring a play-off in a neutral venue, ie Lansdowne. That would be absolutely brill, and probably put 25,000 at an EL game...??

Dodge
05/11/2005, 10:34 AM
In short no...

shedite
05/11/2005, 10:38 AM
I don't know what class you are in at school but brush up on your matches.

If Derry get six form six it means they will win the league, as cork can't get seven from nine in that case.

Well you obviously missed that english class. Brush up on your maths perhaps :p

Well if Derry get 6 from 6 it would mean City would have slipped up. So basically ye're hoping for city to slip up (play bad on the final day), and then hope that ye don't choke under the pressure and can take 6 from 6.

monkey magic
05/11/2005, 2:12 PM
Is there any way at all it could end dead even after the final game...thus ensuring a play-off in a neutral venue, ie Lansdowne. That would be absolutely brill, and probably put 25,000 at an EL game...??

the grand finale your lookin for is probably gonna happen on the 18th(i think?) in turners cross, so your idea is a bit silly (no offence) there are a whole set of rules/measurements used to decide which team are crowned champions in the event of two teams finishing on level points and goal difference, and, afik a playoff isnt one of them, and if it were it would have had to be agreed on before the start of the season

razor
05/11/2005, 5:47 PM
We are on fire at the right time of the season
Yeah, ye have won 2 of your last 4 games. You know scoring against Waterford isn't as hard as you would think

Oh and Cork did the same to Pats last week when Ryan put the ball out for one of our players to receive attention. Fair play comes in many different shapes and forms, constant cheating by time wasting and feigning injury in my opinion deserves what it gets and that isn't the ball back.

patsh
05/11/2005, 6:53 PM
I've always had a lot of time for Rico and think he generally conducts himself in a fair and professional manner. I can't believe he let a team of his do that. Vinny was really struggling (taken off shortly after so it wasn't Rennie-style play-acting), Holden put the ball out for the attention to come on. On receiving the throw-in, Fenn positively tore towards the goal when the Blues were expecting a modicum of decency from Cork. What a tosser. It was right in front of the Cork bench so Rico was obviously happy with him.

Still, you can't expect the kind of courtesy and respect from Cork that Derry are so famous for. This has got to be a windup.
This from the team who were timewasting from the kick-off?
This is the same "injury" that when the ref whent up to him, he got up, trotted off the field and then turned around and asked to come back on?
The team that 5 or 6 players went down at every single opportunity?
That had a player booked after 22 minutes when he was the 5th player spoken to by the ref for time wasting?

EnDai
05/11/2005, 7:32 PM
Obviously I wasm't at the match, but whatever the circumstances, not giving the ball back after its put out for an injury is unsporting. Plain and simple, and while fans condone Georgies diving and play acting no Cork fan can really say its all Waterfrods fault, can they?! :)

A face
05/11/2005, 7:41 PM
Obviously I wasm't at the match, but whatever the circumstances, not giving the ball back after its put out for an injury is unsporting. Plain and simple, and while fans condone Georgies diving and play acting no Cork fan can really say its all Waterfrods fault, can they?! :)

Yeah right ... whatever !! :p

Colm
05/11/2005, 7:47 PM

Run along now!!

Dodge
05/11/2005, 8:30 PM
O'Callaghan is a cheat. Don't think anyone can deny that.

Soko
05/11/2005, 8:34 PM
Obviously I wasm't at the match, but whatever the circumstances, not giving the ball back after its put out for an injury is unsporting. Plain and simple

He wasn't ****ing injured - can you read the above posts!!!

razor
05/11/2005, 9:15 PM
O'Callaghan is a cheat. Don't think anyone can deny that.While i'm no fan of George he'll do what it takes, as would any other player from any other club.
Waterfords cheating began after 22 seconds last night and subsequently conned a simpleton of a ref who should be put down.

Colm
05/11/2005, 9:17 PM
Waterfords cheating began after 22 seconds last night and subsequently conned a simpleton of a ref who should be put down.

Absolutely, that ref was out of his depth and shouldn't have been given such a big and high profile game. I believe both clubs were very unhappy about it.

Mental Man
06/11/2005, 9:26 AM
I totally agree with ya about the ref, i dont think he was able to control a hot tempered derby which was on the cards for a while.
But hey i aint complaining about the result :D .

EnDai
06/11/2005, 11:55 AM
If the ball is put out because a player is down (hows that?!) it should be handed back, its a sport afterall.