PDA

View Full Version : Player of the year Awards

The Wanderer
04/11/2005, 1:53 PM
Player of the Year
The Supporters Club has announced details of its annual Player of the Year function. It will take place in the Royal Hotel on Friday 25 November, from 8pm.

Tickets at E25 (E22 for Supporters Club members) will go on sale shortly. More details on

www.braywanderers.ie

SeagullScene
05/11/2005, 12:42 PM
judging by last nights performance i know one player who won't be winning that award!!!!

8 goals in 2 games

KR's Post
05/11/2005, 1:09 PM
judging by last nights performance i know one player who won't be winning that award!!!!

8 goals in 2 games
Oh give him a break.... For f-uck sake, it's not his fault! The defence is at fault aswell. So cop on and give it a rest!

centre mid
06/11/2005, 12:51 PM
Oh give him a break.... For f-uck sake, it's not his fault! The defence is at fault aswell. So cop on and give it a rest!
Lets call a spade a spade - skippy is not good enough at this level - not consistant enough, hes a good shot stopper but is suspect on crosses and some of his decision making leaves a lot to be desired, probably just lack of experience

Seagull
06/11/2005, 5:10 PM
It's not his fault????? SIXTY ONE times he's picked it out of the net so far this season and he'll be picking out a few more before we're done. His back must be wrecked. The defenders have no confidence in him whatsoever. Did you see Tresson berating him after Derry's second goal? Did you see him rooted to the spot as Derry burst forward for their third? He's the worst in the League and it's criminal that Devo is sticking with him. :mad:

dublinwanderer
06/11/2005, 8:17 PM
oh would you all shut the fcuk up about skippy, give it a bloody rest, all season you've been at it. its about time you you's shut up. you dont hear me moaning about devo all the time do you. at the ned of the day it is his decision to play skippy so blame it on him instead:mad: :mad: :mad:

SeagullScene
06/11/2005, 10:27 PM
of course we're blaming Devo too.....as you said he's making the decision to play Skip but at the end of the day Skip's letting them in. Why won't he give Hannigan a chance?

Does anyone have an answer or opinion as to why Devo won't play Hannigan??

KR's Post
07/11/2005, 10:31 AM
Hannigan has a big head... The chap is full of himself!! Maybe Devo doesn't like his attitude. And leave skippy alone, god i'd hate to think he is looking at this website. His confidence would be shattered and his morale would be non-existent! So cop on. Jesus i'd love to see how quick you guys would be to applaud him if he was keeping clean sheets week in week out!!!!!:mad:

BrAyCMilan
07/11/2005, 12:28 PM
I heard that he tried to look up this web site but he dropped his Keyboard and broke it!!!!! LOL...I luv Goalie jokes and jokes of goalies!!!!!

KR's Post
07/11/2005, 12:33 PM
I heard that he tried to look up this web site but he dropped his Keyboard and broke it!!!!! LOL...I luv Goalie jokes and jokes of goalies!!!!!
:rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

SeagullScene
07/11/2005, 1:21 PM
Hannigan has a big head... The chap is full of himself!! Maybe Devo doesn't like his attitude. And leave skippy alone, god i'd hate to think he is looking at this website. His confidence would be shattered and his morale would be non-existent! So cop on. Jesus i'd love to see how quick you guys would be to applaud him if he was keeping clean sheets week in week out!!!!!:mad:

If Hannigan is on the bench becuase he's full of himself Devo would have half of his team on the bench.....

And if Skippy was keeping clean sheetes week in week out of course we'd be on here saying how great he is cause we'd have a lot more points at this stage!!!

The Wanderer
07/11/2005, 2:55 PM
I agree Seagullscene, u are right in saying that, thats what the forum is all about, its so we can all have our say. I am a huge fan of bray go to all the matches home & away, tis good that we can be vocal about our players..

superfrank
07/11/2005, 3:21 PM
Does anyone have an answer or opinion as to why Devo won't play Hannigan??
We don't see what goes on in training, maybe Skippy does alot better then Pat and that's why he's in the team.

KR's Post
07/11/2005, 3:22 PM
I agree Seagullscene, u are right in saying that, thats what the forum is all about, its so we can all have our say. I am a huge fan of bray go to all the matches home & away, tis good that we can be vocal about our players..
Alright i know i've said leave Skippy alone but not once have i said your opinions aren't welcome.... Not once!

The Wanderer
07/11/2005, 4:00 PM
Its just an opinion, dont going to start arguying over Skippy, in fairness, in my opinion he is dirt..

Roo69
07/11/2005, 4:07 PM
Jesus lads ya's need to stop taking thigs to heart if another fan says he thinks another player is better than another. At the end of the day, We are all Bray fans and only want what is best for the club........ Whats so wrong with that ?

Thats what this board is all about, a place for fans alike to come and share there opnions and views about the club, players, matches etc.....

Like no manager is the same, no fan will be the same and rate different players above other players, thats natural, it's nothing personal against any player what so ever.

The reason why there is a Skippy or Hannigan debate is because of the amount of goals we have conceded this season. And, yes the defence is to part blame for this, we have not been helped by very poor decisions, lack of leadership and injuries for most of the season, BUT this does not take away from the fact that we have a keeper low on confidence and one just chomping at the bit wanting to prove himself.

It's a big decision for the management team, Do they leave Skip in who is far more experienced with 2+ full seasons under his belt or do we let Hannigan in to show what he is made of ? If Hannigan came in a few weeks/months back when were were not safe and conceded 3 or 4, his confidence would be shattered, meaning that we would have 2 keepers with no confidence, Skips probably worse for being dropped. Then were totally fcuked !

Skip has done very well in a few matches, the Waterford one really springs to mind, probably his best game for us ever, defo won us that game with a string of class saves, BUT we are now safe, Hannigan 100% deserves a chance in the 1st team, he has proved several times in U21 matches and friendly's that he is up to scratch.

As i said we will all have different views on different things, thats the way it is lads and lassies, nothing personal so no need to take these things so seriously

SeagullScene
07/11/2005, 4:10 PM
exactly

The Wanderer
07/11/2005, 4:56 PM
My point all in one! Fair play Roo69

Seagull
07/11/2005, 5:07 PM
His confidence would be shattered and his morale would be non-existent!
You mean he could get worse??? :eek:

The Wanderer
07/11/2005, 5:10 PM
It could happen, i do feel sorry for him, as i am sure his confidence at this stage is gone!

SeagullScene
07/11/2005, 9:10 PM
We don't see what goes on in training, maybe Skippy does alot better then Pat and that's why he's in the team.

Fair point SF, not disagreeing but surely if that's why Skip's still playing, the other side is that Devo must also see what goes on on the pitch as well as in training?

Don't get me wrong, I like Skippy but we're safe now and he's not playing well, I really can't see why Devo won't send Hannigan on for a match. If he's also sh1te we have a real problem on our hands and we'll have to find a decent goalie for next season.........oops silly me, forgot we have Younger there aswell :D ;)

KR's Post
08/11/2005, 8:21 AM
Very true in what Roo said... Now there is leadership! Do you play in goals Roo, only joking!

KR's Post
08/11/2005, 8:23 AM
oops silly me, forgot we have Younger there aswell ;)
:eek: :o

Roo69
08/11/2005, 10:53 AM
Very true in what Roo said... Now there is leadership! Do you play in goals Roo, only joking!

Well i could'nt do any worse ! just kidding :D

KR's Post
08/11/2005, 11:08 AM
Well i could'nt do any worse ! just kidding :D
Now Now!!:D

What Foot.ie registered members are going to the Player of the Year dance!? Obviously Bray fans!

(1)Tarzan1 + guest...
(2) Rafa B

KK77
08/11/2005, 12:12 PM
Now Now!!:D

What Foot.ie registered members are going to the Player of the Year dance!? Obviously Bray fans!

(1)Tarzan1 + guest...

(2) Rafa B

superfrank
08/11/2005, 3:08 PM
Well I can't sorry. More than likely be working.

SeagullScene
15/11/2005, 7:50 AM
anyone else going to the awards? think i am going

BrayZil
15/11/2005, 9:21 AM
Unfortunately I cant make the awards this year. Gutted! I've had holidays booked for months now. :(

Grasshopper 99
15/11/2005, 6:04 PM
I should be there. should be a good night though. Does anyone know if many of the players are going