PDA

View Full Version : Big one - Cobh V Dublin

rammie
03/11/2005, 8:08 PM
The effects psychologically of the outcome of this game will be huge , a win for the Rams and a play off is secured plus the screw is tightened on Sligo, a draw and... well it leaves us to concentrate on Dundalk, but a defeat will be a huge boost for Dublin and a present for Sligo. This game will demand 110% concentration from the kick off and real desire.
I think for this one forget about a display of football, Dublin are a strong physical side and the pitch will be very heavy, it's all about desire and a good honest work rate from the whole team.
This game should be treated as a cup final and the fans (who have been brilliant, the best in this Divsion) should treat it the same.
So c'mon the Rams, you've got what it takes in abundance...put this one to bed.

sligoman
03/11/2005, 8:13 PM
and the fans (who have been brilliant, the best in this Divsion)eh, you forgot to say "in my opinion" ;)

:p

Conor H
03/11/2005, 8:23 PM
This game should be treated as a cup final and the fans (who have been brilliant, the best in this Divsion) should treat it the same.
How the hell do ya reckon that?:confused: .Yee are behind us,Sligo.limerick and dundalk in average attendance,despite having a real chance of promotion.Yee didn't bring an away support to terryland once this year.

rammie
03/11/2005, 8:42 PM
To Sligoman .."in my opinion" fair comment, and that coming from a member of another great bunch of supporters,
but Conor H we were at Terryland maybe ye lot were too hammered to notice us.. and we all know what ye lot are like when ye're on the road

Conor H
03/11/2005, 8:47 PM
To Sligoman .."in my opinion" fair comment, and that coming from a member of another great bunch of supporters,
but Conor H we were at Terryland maybe ye lot were too hammered to notice us.. and we all know what ye lot are like when ye're on the road
Stop talking ****e will ya.Yee had 4 fans in Terryland...great fans my arse....we'll probably have a bigger away support ,than yee brought to terryland a couple of months ago, down in Cobh in a few weeks and we have nothing to play for.I love the way you said "another great bunch of supporters"...get real!!!

rammie
03/11/2005, 8:55 PM
Conor H, I assume you meant 4 bus loads of fans, hope ye bring as many for the last game of the season.. you can come and see how we celebrate:)

Conor H
03/11/2005, 8:59 PM
Conor H, I assume you meant 4 bus loads of fans, hope ye bring as many for the last game of the season.. you can come and see how we celebrate:)
Ya 4 bus loads that's what i meant:rolleyes:

Rebal Boy
03/11/2005, 9:00 PM
Lads I thought this was about the match between Cobh Ramblers vs Dublin City, not about away support.:rolleyes: As for this match it should be a cracker. I think Rams will edge it 2-1. I hope they win anyway and hopefully Monaghan can take a point off Sligo.

rammie
03/11/2005, 9:17 PM
yeah couldn't agree more Rebal boy , but I couldn't resist the bit of scourging with Conor H..

It will be a very though match and Henderson should have a full squad to pick from unlike Dublin who have Shiels suspended.
It'll be hard work. Are you comin down Rebal Boy? it'd be great to be playing ye next year ..and even better that the Dubs would have to travel twice as many times south

Rebal Boy
03/11/2005, 9:30 PM
yeah couldn't agree more Rebal boy , but I couldn't resist the bit of scourging with Conor H..

It will be a very though match and Henderson should have a full squad to pick from unlike Dublin who have Shiels suspended.
It'll be hard work. Are you comin down Rebal Boy? it'd be great to be playing ye next year ..and even better that the Dubs would have to travel twice as many times south

You bet I'll be there. I've been going to Rams games since I about 10 or 11. Same with City. I support both teams. I really hope Rams come up and I'd love to see Shams go down. 1 less Dublin team and 1 extra Cork team.;) Hopefully a good crowd will turn up for this.

nismo
03/11/2005, 10:25 PM
hope we win this one but it will be though...but no doubt we can do it. weve been the best team in the division this year!

p.s. Open invitation to galway fans..bring as many as ye can to cobh..lets see how many ye get!

The Stars
03/11/2005, 10:31 PM
hope we win this one but it will be though...but no doubt we can do it. weve been the best team in the division this year!

p.s. Open invitation to galway fans..bring as many as ye can to cobh..lets see how many ye get!
dont care what you say,the best team in the division is the one that finishes top of it.

Derek
03/11/2005, 10:32 PM
Dublin will defo win this one, 2:0 to Dublin City:)

The Stars
03/11/2005, 10:35 PM
hope your right Derek.If cobh lose it is as good as over in terms of winning the league.....Never thought id say this but COME ON DUBLIN.....

drinkfeckarse
04/11/2005, 8:09 AM
C'mon the Rams!!

blueviking1980
04/11/2005, 3:39 PM
Rams ya's wont know ya's are even at home when the game kicks off... 3-1 Dublin City... }=D

SligoBrewer
04/11/2005, 9:28 PM
i hope 2 jaysus dublin win tomorrow.

Dublin, Please knock the seven colours of sh!te out of cobh(on the score sheet that is!)

Shiba
04/11/2005, 9:38 PM
i hope 2 jaysus dublin win tomorrow.

Dublin, Please knock the seven colours of sh!te out of cobh(on the score sheet that is!)

Sorry but have to agree A Dublin Win which will allow us to win the league at home.Sorry Cobh

SligoBrewer
04/11/2005, 9:41 PM
What an atmosphere there'll be next saturday if(sorry when) we win the league there.

Can't Wait!

Rambler1
05/11/2005, 8:05 AM
One good performance and were there. Lets go at em from the start tonight. Latest news is John Meade out with Eoghan Lougheed set to start. Supporters give it your all....great last week in Sligo. Same again.Make em know they have come over the bridge like Dundalk Finn Harps and Sligo in 83....Cmon the Rams.....http://www.cobhramblers.com/8283.htm

Dodge
05/11/2005, 8:18 AM
Would like to see Sligo and Cpbh come up. Anyone but Home Farm for me... (and Rovers and UCD to go down in an ideal world)

sligoman
05/11/2005, 8:21 AM
I hope Dublin win tonight(for obvious reasons) but I hope ye make the play-offs and beat Shams in it:D

nismo
05/11/2005, 11:45 AM
well beat dublin tonight then were going on to win the league!

sligoman
05/11/2005, 1:07 PM
well beat dublin tonight then were going on to win the league!Cant see it happening to be honest. Ye are playing the Dubs tonight, they are still after the playoff spot so they wont be pushovers and next week ye have to play Dundalk on a plastic pitch which will be hard as ye aren't used to that surface and then Galway at home the following week. It's too much of an ask for ye in my opinion. Enjoy the play-off though, hope ye win it!;)

feo123
05/11/2005, 3:24 PM
I hope Dublin win tonight(for obvious reasons) but I hope ye make the play-offs and beat Shams in it:D
Not sure i want shams to go down! I want to play them next year! hopefully harps stay up for the same reasons...anyway enough about them 2.
Come on the dubs...never thought i'd hear myself sayin that!:)
but i think it will be a comfortable 2-0 win for Queenstown, I mean Cobh!:o

nismo
05/11/2005, 5:21 PM
Not sure i want shams to go down! I want to play them next year! hopefully harps stay up for the same reasons...anyway enough about them 2.
Come on the dubs...never thought i'd hear myself sayin that!:)
but i think it will be a comfortable 2-0 win for Queenstown, I mean Cobh!:o

doubt it will be comfortable..

ccfcgirl
05/11/2005, 5:45 PM
Good luck Cobh tonight...............

nismo
05/11/2005, 5:54 PM
Good luck Cobh tonight...............

thanks well need it!

feo123
05/11/2005, 7:09 PM
doubt it will be comfortable..
Ah, I think it might be...if ye play a bit of football ye will beat them! all they do is lump it forward all game long!!

sligoman
05/11/2005, 7:32 PM
Yes! The Dubs are winning 1-0:) :) :). Nearly Half time

sligoman
05/11/2005, 8:08 PM
thanks well need it!Indeed ye will, 2-0 down now:eek: :)

nismo
05/11/2005, 9:58 PM
talk about making them look good.

Derek
06/11/2005, 10:54 AM
Sweet result for the Dubs, the race for second spot is not over yet

SligoBrewer
06/11/2005, 1:30 PM
Sweet result for the Dubs, the race for second spot is not over yet
Sweet result 4 Sligo. Championays Championays a-way a-way a-way:cool:

feo123
06/11/2005, 6:00 PM