PDA

View Full Version : player of the year

lim abroad
03/11/2005, 4:31 AM
ok how about some nominations for player of the year,mine would be.......1 tommy barrett,2 robbie kelleher,i know he hasn't scored a lot but he's been a handful for every defence he's played against and 3 paul finnucane hasn't been spectacular but is mister consistent

Lim till i die
03/11/2005, 8:19 AM
1. Tommy Barrett
2. Robbie Kelleher
3. Noel Mooney (I kid you not folks) :)

LFC in Exile
03/11/2005, 9:49 AM
We're talking footballer of the year. Then it has to be Jamie Nolan.

LFC Blue
03/11/2005, 11:45 AM
Tommy Barret all the way for me too.

declan hide
03/11/2005, 11:58 AM
We're talking footballer of the year. Then it has to be Jamie Nolan.

oh give up the ghost would ya:rolleyes:

john mcgrath is a much better footballer than nolan anyway.

gael353
03/11/2005, 12:09 PM
I like Tobin even for a player being played out of position but then shur arnt they all :D Barrett and Kelliher will be high up too but rem if ppl are voting for a young player rem we do have an under 21 team and my vote (not trying to influance anyone here ;) ) would go to Ger Bourke.

sadloserkid
03/11/2005, 12:36 PM
Barrett by a street. Possibly McGrath and/or Buckley had they been around for a bit longer. Kelleher and Finucane worthy mentions too.

As for Nolan... one good run per game does not a footballer make. A lazy, uncommited waste of talent on the other hand... :rolleyes:

declan hide
03/11/2005, 12:42 PM
I like Tobin even for a player being played out of position but then shur arnt they all :D Barrett and Kelliher will be high up too but rem if ppl are voting for a young player rem we do have an under 21 team and my vote (not trying to influance anyone here ;) ) would go to Ger Bourke.

gael were you not part of the posse calling for mick aherne to be played?

the first sight i saw of tobin this season was him going 25/75 into a tackle and winning a throw in for us. it said alot about him and what he would bring to left back especially after the terrible excuse for a display mick aherne gave at cobh first match of the season. i think next season (with this seaons experience) he will be outstanding for us. oops maybe should have kept that to myself or NOC will leave him go!

LFC in Exile
03/11/2005, 3:39 PM
Okay then. Maybe we can compromise on CP O'Brien

4tothefloor
04/11/2005, 12:21 AM
I'm going for Robbie Kelleher because he busts a gut in every single game. He's added a couple of goals as well lately so hopefully getting the balance right in his overall game is beginning to come together for him. Tommy Barrett a close second, with Noel Mooney third for me.

Young player of the year I can't comment on bacuse Jamie Nolan is sh!te and I haven't seen the U21's in action.

LFC in Exile
04/11/2005, 8:42 AM
By the way - what age is Robbie? And Tommy? Do they qualify for Young player too? I presume young player means u-21 (but not necessarily an u-21 player, if you know what i mean).:ball:

Lim till i die
04/11/2005, 9:47 AM
By the way - what age is Robbie? And Tommy? Do they qualify for Young player too? I presume young player means u-21 (but not necessarily an u-21 player, if you know what i mean).:ball:

I think Robbie is around the 21/22 mark. (I'm counting under 23 as young player for the purposes of voting :o )

Also, AFAIK Tommy Barrett is in his mid to late 20's :eek:

sadloserkid
04/11/2005, 12:18 PM
I think Robbie is around the 21/22 mark. (I'm counting under 23 as young player for the purposes of voting :o )

Also, AFAIK Tommy Barrett is in his mid to late 20's :eek:

Think Barrett is 25? Kelleher... 22 I think... I was using U-23 as my guage too.

declan hide
04/11/2005, 1:55 PM
tommy barrett is 36. i have a copy of his birthcert on the wall here at work in the mioddle of the shine i have of him.:)

jebus
05/11/2005, 4:39 PM
tommy barrett gets my vote

HuRya
09/11/2005, 4:27 PM
1.Finny
2.Barrett
3.Bubble

sadloserkid
09/11/2005, 5:54 PM
3.Bubble

Pardon my ignorance but which player labours under this nickname? Is there some previously unrevealed relationship between Paul Tobin and ex-player Anthony 'Bubbles' Tobin or something? :confused:

HuRya
10/11/2005, 9:02 AM
Pardon my ignorance but which player labours under this nickname? Is there some previously unrevealed relationship between Paul Tobin and ex-player Anthony 'Bubbles' Tobin or something? :confused:

i thought that you of all people would have known this,sad loser kid... i can now reveal that the player in question is...<drumroll>.... :ball: robbie kelliher:ball: .
He got the name in his Summerville days as a schoolboy. hope this clears up the confusion!

sadloserkid
10/11/2005, 12:14 PM
hope this clears up the confusion!

It does indeed. Thank you my good man! :)