PDA

View Full Version : Mark O'Neill-Cummins

Da Real Rover
02/11/2005, 8:58 AM
For the amount of attention the eircom league receives no wonder we're always moaning about the national media but Mark O'Neill-Cummins has to be recognised for the reporting he has given the league all season. Although the majority of reports are made for the barstooler they are still decent reports with a decent insight into the national league. Above all it was his report on the fai's failure to appoint match officials for a game and his scathing comparison between the men who past judgement on Brian Kerrs future. It is about time the media can recognise the FAI's incompetence with regards to the eircom league and of course anything else they touch.

tiktok
02/11/2005, 9:22 AM
Agreed, I always read them, usually spot on.
He's a Rovers fan isn't he?

EnDai
02/11/2005, 11:22 AM
He is, afaik.

ThatGuy
02/11/2005, 11:32 AM
To be honest I think his reports have been poorly written nonsense. A waste of an opportunity.

Lim till i die
02/11/2005, 11:49 AM
Absolute filler rubbish, I sincerely hope he's not being paid. Talk of moving cup semi finals to neutral venues like Athlone said it all about the depths of the mans knowledge really :rolleyes:

tiktok
02/11/2005, 12:07 PM
In fairness to him, he does work for the national broadcaster (so lauching attacks may be outside his remit rather than a missed opportunity) and we, as in EL fans, aren't his target audience as much as barstoolers would be, hence the simplicity of some pieces and ideas (in fairness, he was touting stadia currently in the planning stages as possible future semi-final venues).

He's always positive about the league and while not overly harsh on those that deserve it, he does highlight the same faults many do on here. Long may he continue.

Da Real Rover
02/11/2005, 3:05 PM
Absolute filler rubbish, I sincerely hope he's not being paid. Talk of moving cup semi finals to neutral venues like Athlone said it all about the depths of the mans knowledge really :rolleyes:
His suggestion was to move some of the semis out of the pale, mighten be bad idea if there sent to an area with good footballing support.

pete
02/11/2005, 3:50 PM
His recent articles where he said no international will be better than Kerr because won't look at eL players & his suggestion to have FAI Cup final in Dalymount instead of Tolka were very strange...

The Stars
02/11/2005, 3:52 PM
have no time for his reports since he wrote on how goos the standard of refereeing is...that was the last straw...

Copa Mundial
02/11/2005, 5:32 PM
have no time for his reports since he wrote on how goos the standard of refereeing is...that was the last straw...

And you are comparing the standard of refereeing to what?

The Stars
02/11/2005, 5:51 PM
And you are comparing the standard of refereeing to what?
The Chilean Football Association Premiera Fùtsal League

anto eile
02/11/2005, 6:50 PM
hes a bit of a goon imo

Bald Student
02/11/2005, 8:09 PM
have no time for his reports since he wrote on how goos the standard of refereeing is...that was the last straw...That particular report was about the incident at the Shels Drogs game where the referee was shown to be correct.

His articles are a little bit too soft for my liking though.

Copa Mundial
02/11/2005, 9:53 PM
The Chilean Football Association Premiera Fùtsal League

....Which is the top league in the world for Futsal and refereeing!!!!!!!
:cool:

Lim till i die
03/11/2005, 9:08 AM
His suggestion was to move some of the semis out of the pale, mighten be bad idea if there sent to an area with good footballing support.

Fair Enough but Athlone :eek:

The man writes absolute fluffiness but I suppose it's better than no coverage :o

Roverstillidie
03/11/2005, 10:19 AM
to the best of my knowlegde he isnt rovers, john byrne who did it last season is.

NY Hoop
03/11/2005, 11:39 AM

That is a good idea though. But I stopped taking him seriously when he said "I think all referees are good":rolleyes:

Dont think he's a Rovers fan.

KOH