PDA

View Full Version : Whats the FAI stand for?

Bomb Landsdowne
01/11/2005, 6:44 PM
Posted on the Kildare County website. What does FAI stand for ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F#@K ALL INTEREST !.........in 'Irish' football. Following the disgraceful treatment of Brian Kerr by 'Uno Hoo' & the 'Bleedin' Blazer's' of Merrion Sq. comes news of their latest attack on the 'Eircom Lge' & its supporters. Apparently, match programmes & club websites are to be censored, and any club or individual saying 'bad nasty horrible things' about Uno & the rest of the 'Decentskins will result in heavy fines, (presumably to be lodged into the 'Premiership Weekend Away Fund' !. Well, we do like our English football, dont we Uno ?, as well as, apparently, every two-bit 'I won an England Cap I must be a manager' type as well), and possibly more serious censure against any offending club !.

Like, Uno & the Blazers will refuse to attend any of that club's games ! HA HA HA !. Quick, get writing, anything, eg. Merrion Sq uses PG Tips teabags, the official tea of the England squad !. Next they'll want to ban 'Offensive Chanting' by those nasty common fans who follow teams with silly names like 'The Harps, The Ramblers, Come on County, The Drogs, & The Boooeeezzzz....and to think that Uno and the 'Skins once even set aside a nice little corner of Landsdowne for these same fans so that they wouldn't get to mix with the 'Real' Best Fans In The World, and went so far as to get the muppet PA announcer ( Man, he is a total loser,that announcer, he didn't even call out the teams for IRL V SWISS just before kick-off recently.) to 'specially welcome 'all you Eircom League fans' here today, lets have a big warm Landsdowne welcome for them'.

Of course that was for a match when no away supporters turned up( the Faroes I think) so it was a handy scam to offload a few extra thousand tickets that the 'Real' BFITW didn't want that day. Well there's gratitude for you ! I think this latest bout of Merrion Squarenoia stems from an article in a recent St Pats programme, when new Pats CEO Bernard 'The Bear' O'Byrne, formerly of Merrion Towers, and the man who had a fully-funded ready to proceed, would be finished by now, Irish soccer stadium project shafted by the aforementioned Blazers( with a little help from Bertie the Bo#@ox) gave Uno & the 'Skins the two fingers in an article over their promotion & visible support for 'Irish' football'.

An official letter of censure from some nobody secretary of some fancily titled comm-it-teeee was duly dispatched to Bernard, warning him of his comments, and advising him not to publically voice any critizisms of Uno, the 'Skins, or the Sponsors !. Oh Lawdy ! mussan say noo bad word 'bout Massa Eircom, our kindly sponsor, he who name stuk onna every Irish shurt, Massa, een tho' it against Big Massa FIFA's rules !. Bernard, in his inimatable style, duly published the full text of the letter in the next Pats programme ! Finally on the subject of Chanting, offensive or otherwise, here is my suggestion for a universal chant for the remainder of this season/next season '' BRIAN KERR SACKED, OUR PROGRAMMES AXED DELANEY YE ******, GET OFF OUR BACKS

MariborKev
01/11/2005, 8:34 PM
Anyone want to run a book on what KFC will be fined on this one?

All FAI staff reading this msg board and not allowed to enter......

strangeirish
01/11/2005, 8:37 PM
Anyone want to run a book on what KFC will be fined on this one?

All FAI staff reading this msg board and not allowed to enter......

Doesn't matter, we don't have money anyway!!!!!!

The Stars
01/11/2005, 8:41 PM
FAI=Fridges And Irons .
They're like a crowd of gypos trying to make money from anything.

Mr A
01/11/2005, 9:23 PM
There are times when I think the government should forcibly dispand the FAI and set up a new body in their place.

Snoop Drog
01/11/2005, 9:43 PM
Great article IMO- Captures some of the frustration we have towards the sports abministators.

Well done KCFC- I pledge a tenner towards paying your fine!

Mental Man
01/11/2005, 9:48 PM
FAI = Found Another Imbecile.

sligoman
01/11/2005, 10:25 PM
FAI=Football Always Impossible

:o

dancinpants
01/11/2005, 10:27 PM
F$@k All Intelligence

redgav
01/11/2005, 10:40 PM
Foronly Anglicized Internationals

Superhoops
01/11/2005, 10:50 PM
FAI = Fickle And Incompetent
FAI = Fu*k All Idea

dcfcsteve
01/11/2005, 10:57 PM
Please, please, PLEAAASSSEEE can some club call the FAI's bluff on this.

When I say Bluff, I don't mean that they don't intend to fulfill their petty threat re thought censorship. What I mean is that some club should say "Ok - feck you, come on then" and stand up to them. Hopefully with other clubs wading in behidn them (though how likely is this). I'd like to see the FAI try to throw Cork, Rovers, Bohs, Shels or Derry out of the league for voicing opinions/the truth. As that is the FAI's only ultimate sanction, it is essentially ineffective.

The FAI are trying to suppress any and every form of dissent/criticism. They even tried it with the NLSA, for crying out loud ! It's not exaggerating to say that this is the sort of stuff that would make North Korean leaders proud/blush. They can get away with it because the one arena they don't directly control (though God knows they try) - the national press/media - don't care enough about the EL to make an issue of this.

Somebody PLEASE stand up to these goons before they drag Irish football even further into the hole whilst they busy themselves playing toy-town power games....

redgav
01/11/2005, 11:05 PM

When I say Bluff, I don't mean that they don't intend to fulfill their petty threat re thought censorship. What I mean is that some club should say "Ok - feck you, come on then" and stand up to them. Hopefully with other clubs wading in behidn them (though how likely is this). I'd like to see the FAI try to throw Cork, Rovers, Bohs, Shels or Derry out of the league for voicing opinions/the truth. As that is the FAI's only ultimate sanction, it is essentially ineffective.

The FAI are trying to suppress any and every form of dissent/criticism. They even tried it with the NLSA, for crying out loud ! It's not exaggerating to say that this is the sort of stuff that would make North Korean leaders proud/blush. They can get away with it because the one arena they don't directly control (though God knows they try) - the national press/media - don't care enough about the EL to make an issue of this.

Somebody PLEASE stand up to these goons before they drag Irish football even further into the hole whilst they busy themselves playing toy-town power games....

isn't that what shels did when they got a copy of the referees report and put it up on their site ,yet the fai went around threatening other clubs ,forcing corkcity to remove it from their forum
could be forgiven for thinking that there are two sets of rules depending on what club you are ( sayin nuthing about nutsy's ignoring bans )

A face
01/11/2005, 11:12 PM
FAI = Full-blown Apathy Inducing

Cant have FAIlure without FAI

They should seriously be concentrating on resolving the problems out there instead of wasting it policing stuff on the net !!

They would earn alot more respect that way .... and they are a bit short on that right now !!

Why cant they put more time into stopping this kinda thing (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=379981&postcount=1) ??
Why are they so fúcking inactive when it comes to the nuts and bolts of the game here !!

sligoman
01/11/2005, 11:14 PM
FAI = Full-blown Apathy InducingWouldn't that be the FBAI now?:confused: :p

A face
01/11/2005, 11:28 PM
Wouldn't that be the FBAI now?:confused: :p

Ahh ..... Nah !! :p

tiktok
02/11/2005, 7:00 AM

I'll donate €25 to the fine fund of the first club to call their bluff on it :ball:

FAI - Fcukers are incompetent

sonofstan
02/11/2005, 8:07 AM
FAI=Fridges And Irons .
They're like a crowd of gypos trying to make money from anything.

I resemble that remark!

bigmac
02/11/2005, 10:51 AM
I resemble that remark!
Really? I would have thought you'd resent it myself. :D

Schumi
02/11/2005, 1:07 PM
FAI = Fans Aren't Important

superfrank
02/11/2005, 1:11 PM
****ing Annoying Institute

Block G Raptor
02/11/2005, 1:59 PM
Fcuk all Integrity

The Stars
02/11/2005, 4:04 PM
I resemble that remark!
ok,travelers....are you ok now?

gnasher
02/11/2005, 4:45 PM
FAI = Full Arse Imitators
FAI = Farm Animal Inseminators

The Stars
02/11/2005, 5:52 PM
FAI=Faulty As Iraq

sonofstan
02/11/2005, 10:01 PM
ok,travelers....are you ok now?

well, I'm a Bohs fan so OK might be pushing it .... a little less miffed, maybe

sullanefc
03/11/2005, 12:40 AM
There are times when I think the government should forcibly dispand the FAI and set up a new body in their place.

Hear, hear. What are the UEFA/FIFA rules on this. It should be at least considered by the government/minister for sport. Mismanagement has gone on too long now. A new DEMOCRATIC body should be set up.

Dodge
03/11/2005, 1:01 AM
Doesn't have to be democratic, just has to work fooking properly.

FAI= John Delaney is a complete FrAud, who knows nothing about Irish football and little more about the business world he operates and I chellenge him to prove otherwise...

Mr A
03/11/2005, 1:35 AM
I emailed the minister to that effect last year, but it hasn't happened yet!

In fairess, while I have as much distain for the FAI as the next man, the eircom League doesn't exactly have much to crow about- they're probably the only organisation more incompetent than the FAI. Also, the FAI is mostly made up of clubs, of which senior ones are the most powerful. The FAI aren't necessarily the cause of the problems in Irish football, so much as a reflection of them.

carrickharp
03/11/2005, 7:26 AM
Footballs Asylum Institution

Dodge
03/11/2005, 7:57 AM
The FAI is the eircom league. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves

daniel
03/11/2005, 11:33 AM
F***ing Amateur ijits

Philo
03/11/2005, 11:41 AM
Indeed - everyone who works in the eircom League offices is an FAI employee.

The FAI and eL being "separate" organisations is just a convenient excuse for their ignorance, incompetence and general don't give a crap attitude.